Bartolomeo's barrier vs Whitebeard's quake

Discussion in 'Battles' started by Gol. D. Chris, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys,

this isn't a common battle.

I wonder if Bartolomeo's barrier withstands Whitebeard's punch.

Bartolomeo calls his barrier "unbreakable", but Whitebeard is able to destroy the world...

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The barrier should be able to hold up. Whitebeard could literally destroy the world by causing an earthquake to destroy island(s). Theoretically even the Red Line (chunks of it at least) could readily be taken out. The barrier can stand up to an "earthquake imbued punch", but it wouldn't protect Bartolomeo from his footing being destroyed (the barriers have to be connected to something and are not able to float on their own).

Gol. D. Chris likes this.
  3. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree here fully. After seeing it remain perfectly intact after the King Punch, I am quite convinced it's indestructable.

The real question I think is can Haki break it? By definition Haki shouldn't be able to (doesn't negate effects of Devil Fruits, only allows contact with Logias), but I wonder if Oda will make an exception so as to nerf it down.

Seiryu likes this.
  4. Christina Choi

Baby Otaku
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think The barrier would die out. Thats why its like one of my favorite fruits. So i never understood why Bartolomeo couldn't just put everyone in his barrier during the dressrosa arc. But anyways, whiteboard's earthquake wouldn't damage the barrier.

5. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Reading this made me realize that Bartolomeo is currently in Luffy's early developmental stage (roughly Alabasta where he only knows how to use the direct application of his ability). Theoretically Barto could be ridiculously overpowered with creative applications. He may only be able to put up one barrier, but taking one down and putting up a new one is almost instantaneous (the stairs take a while because of the intricate design of the barrier having to caterpillar crawl to be built). When chapter 800 says that the alliance members would be huge factors in history, Barto seems like the biggest candidate. Plus they even gave him his own eye-catch in the anime.
    Are you talking about the birdcage part or when Doflamingo uses his awakening? Barto is limited in surface area he can use, so he would only be able to protect a relatively small group, which goes against his presented morals.

6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Bartolomeo's barrier should be able to withstand the late Yonko's quakes. It will only disappear if Bartolomeo stops crossing his fingers.

7. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Honestly the only thing that limits his barrier should be range. He shouldn't lose in his barrier. Since he is with the straw hats fleet now and he knows how strong they are, he will definitely get strong enough to really help them, and he should learn how to fully use his barrier.

8. Gomugomunocannon

Knighty Knight.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#8 Gomugomunocannon, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    I suppose the barrier will break.

You are right there, but isn't the haki of a person supposed to be as strong as the persons spirit / will.?? Obviously whitebeard's spirit is much much greater than that of bartolomeos (even though he's using only his df ability and no haki)
    In another case if you consider Dofflamingo's cage and Bartho's barrier I am positive the cage will destroy the barrier as well, all because of doffy's superiority in Haki and spirit.

9. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

But the cage didn't destroy the barrier - Barto used his barrier and everyone pushed the barrier back, because they could touch the cage with theor bare hands :)

10. Gomugomunocannon

Knighty Knight.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah I actually forgot about that :P
    But what I meant was, Barto vs Doffy one on one.
    It's like the cage closes in on the barrier alone, so only the barrier vs the cage.

If he got only Bartolomeo caged, Barto wouldn't stand a chance. Hell even Luffy wouldn't stand a chance.

11. Danny

死の外科医
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So if he's on land and makes a free fall or just falls the barrier will disappear. :P

None would win.Doflamingo can't defeat Barto's barrier and Barto can't defeat Doflamingo with his attacks :laughing:
    Time is weakness tho,so you can defeat Barto with patience.

If Bartolomeo was a villain Luffy would have cracked his barrier for sure,with and without Haki.Strength is not something you can cut with a knife in OP anyway!

12. Danny

死の外科医
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

On a second thought if the the standing place balance is the weakness,Doflamingo and Luffy wouldn't have any problem with it at all. :laughing:

13. Gomugomunocannon

Knighty Knight.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

oh I got the answer to that.

Doffy vs Barto 1 on 1:
    Cage will keep pushing the barriers in and Barto will get crushed by his own barriers! And if he disengages his barriers he'll get sliced up by the cage.
    @Danny.D you're a genius

That makes you think, why didn't Doffy cage only Luffy and slice him up? And then put everyone in the big cage and slice everyone up.