Before the TimeSkip - who has the best "change"?

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by Pocket_Pitbull, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

***If you haven't watched past episode 138 - might contain a spoiler... of sorts***

Okay, so I'm way before the timeskip (I try to stay away from the spoilers, but I know there's a two year time skip at some point where everyone gets a little older by around 2 years?) - like... a few episodes after the Alabasta arc.

I'm sorry to say this... but right now... I kinda want to give Nami a good punt upside the head - and I feel REALLY bad for Sanji... who is friend-zoned to the point of... well, ridiculousness. She's SO.... mean... and self-centered and... a money-grubbing piece of... holy moly. I guess I'm just a little irritated as I just watched the episode where she's all concerned about her shopping purchases and not... oh... Sanji being electrocuted.

Tell me.. .the main crew - after the time skip... who has the best change? Please tell me Nami gets more likable?

2. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Firstly, I think Nami is aight. She loves money, but she isn't a Gold-digger. Which is okay in my mind.

Main topic. This is a tough one... Very tough.

I would have to say Chopper if I had to choose one.
    1. He helped an Island of enemies become partners
    2. He created a merging of his previous forms into Kung Fu Point
    3. He doesn't need a Rumble ball to access Kung Fu Point
    4. He got more medicines/knowledge
    5. He mastered controlling Monster Point (Post-war even Franky couldn't control it, being an adult)
    6. He's fluffier/softer

He grew physically and mentally.

3. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

Hey SkyMarshall,

You're right... she's not a gold-digger... just... compared to the rest of Straw Hats she seems ... horribly OKAY (sometimes even encourages it) with them being hurt/mauled so she can get what she wants... and unlike the rest of them - if children are threatened she doesn't seem to care if they're hurt/killed if her 'treasure' is at stake... which really kinda sours me on her.. so it yeah. Bleh.

BUT I'm still super early in the series... so hoping it was just a weird one-off filler episode or two I saw this behaviour scripted.

I'm glad to hear that Chopper grows so much!! Going to be really exciting to see the new transformations... I haven't even had the other two join the crew yet (Robin just joined...).

4. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think Nami's personality and the way she treats Sanji did not change much. Her body did, though. More likeable? Maybe yes. But she's still annoying at times.

5kyMarshall likes this.
  5. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

Hahahaha. I heard about Nami's uhm..."growth spurt" so to speak... annoying I can handle - abusive and solely self-serving? not so much.

Btw Date Damon - That's an interesting pic in your siggy. It took me all this time to figure out the sepia coloured one is Usopp... is that official art or fanart?

6. Time

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree Chopper has the best change. Still a crybaby though.

7. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

Well... okay, that makes sense... I guess with every group - you gotta have a dabbling of Muscle, Comedy, One member you borderline on serious dislike, and the "weak one" - Chopper being the crybaby makes the most sense... he's just lucky he's still cute when he cries - unlike Usopp... who is just kinda... hideous.

8. Parsl3y

Expand Collapse

I would say Usopp had the greatest change. He's still more or less a coward, but compared to how he was before, he's gotten a lot more useful.

Plozoh FTW likes this.
  9. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

Whoot! That's a relief... seeing as where I am is waaay pre-timeskip - Usopp cries and freaks out so much, I think he should be constantly dehydrated.

10. Parsl3y

Expand Collapse

LOL. He definitely still cries and freaks out, he just happens to be more useful while he does it.

11. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yup. That's Usopp. And it's fanart. I found it on zerochan.

12. Little-miss-melody

Sabo, Ace, Luffy
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ussop have changed a lot.
    i mean like, c'mon! he pretty much saved Luffy's and Law's life from sugar!
    although it was just one little thing...he changed and i like it :)
    God ussop.

13. Plozoh FTW

Salad Tosser
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Best timeskip is definitely Usopp. 10/10. His improvements are actually more major than others, cause he isnt expected to be on the same ground as others. Especially that haki tho.

Praetorianus likes this.
  14. Plozoh FTW

Salad Tosser
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Correct.

15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I have to say it's a tie between Usopp and Chopper because of what @5kyMarshall and @Parsl3y stated.

16. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="Pocket_Pitbull, post: 702964, member: 44406"
    I'm glad to hear that Chopper grows so much!! Going to be really exciting to see the new transformations... I haven't even had the other two join the crew yet (Robin just joined...).[/QUOTE]

Oh man. Sorry for the spoilers. Didn't realise you were that far back XD

I don't think Usopp change much at all. He got muscles and new weapons, that's about it.
    I was still a coward.

He changed alot more after the first few ARCs in the New World.

17. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

No matter what you people say, Usopp has the potential to be one of, if not THE, most overpowered character in One Piece. Usopp can take down almost any opponent unless they can use Soru or are a Logia, and if he can get one of the crew to imbue some of his more basic ammo with Armament Haki like the arrows on Amazon Lily (if that's still legal anymore. Pre-Marineford Haki is extremely debatable), then Logia aren't a problem anymore. He has the most potential for diversity out of all of the crew, and this has grown massively with introduction of Pop Greens, which will be able to do whatever Oda thinks is appropriate for the situation and have no distinct boundaries. So yes, I believe he has possibly grown the most. What would peak his growth for me would be him learning to repress his fear in a serious situation.
    Also, I absolutely despise Kung-Fu Point (extra transformation) with so much inexplainable passion that I can never look at Chopper the same way again. Every scene I see him in, I can always see that annoying panda-face and HYAAH! at the end of every sentence.

Oh, and if you don't like Nami where you're up to, you probably never will. She doesn't change much.

But Franky... Franky is the MAN. The changes he undergoes are beyond words. I'm a pretty big Franky fan; I just love everything about his character and his powers, but when you see him after timeskip you'll hardly believe it's the same guy who they originally met. I won't spoil anything about him seeing as you haven't met him yet.

18. Pocket_Pitbull

Expand Collapse

Y'know... I can't wait until I can understand even half of what you talked about here... I don't know yet what/who Haki is... and... pop greens... and... man... I'm going to HAVE to keep watching every day or else I'm going to lose my spot and forget what happened before.... whoo!

19. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A word of warning about Haki. You're either gonna think it's a bs cop-out by Oda, or have like an epiphany moment like 'EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW!'
    I personally was the former, but Haki changes EVERYTHING.

20. Penguin

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Of course it is Sir Franky :super:

Robinidas likes this.