Confirmed by Eiichiro Oda: Reverie and Wano Arc in 2017!

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by Owl, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

vivireverie.jpg

Eiichiro Oda confirmed in Jump Festa 2017 that we will see a continuation of the Whole Cake Island Arc in 2017, along with the Reverie and Wano Arc! Three really important arcs all in one year!

It was not clear if we would see the Reverie and Wano Arc at the same time, but this is the confirmation many One Piece fans were waiting as they are all expecting big things to come out of this Reverie!

Nerbs, G12, Mikanami and 3 others like this.
  2. Sprasle

限界を越える
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

After reading chapter 823 it because pretty obvious that we would see the Reverie pretty soon. However I'm really glad that it's confirmed to have its own separate arc between Whole Cake Island and Wano. I personally hope the Reverie arc won't be too Vivi centered, but instead that it'll have a neutral point of view with no real protagonist.

I still wonder how and when the Blackbeard vs. Dragon side story that was shown in the same chapter is going to be handled, though.

Nerbs and Villaine like this.
  3. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

mine_mine_meme_by_colordrake-d72rsp2.png
    Vivi4nextSHconfirmed
    Seriously though, I am beyond excited for the Reverie arc. It is going to be amazing to see all of the old allies together in one room. It will also be interesting to see how they react to each other once they realize they have a common ally in the Straw Hats and how they react to the pirates being villanized by mainstream World Government officials.

I also think this could be where we see the origins or even birth of a mega alliance between the factions that have made contact with the Straw Hats in the past (Alabasta, Drum Island, Water 7, Fishman Island, etc..). Considering the emphasis Oda placed on Vivi leaving for the Reverie I can see her playing a major role in any discussion related to the Straw Hats and would love to see her reunite with the crew, even if its brief.

This'll be cool too with all the various factions that have gotten involved in this mess with Kaido (Samurai, Minks, Whitebeard Pirates, Weevil) and see some Yonko busting go down.

4. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

I'm really interested to see what Stelly, Sabo's adopted brother now King of Goa Kingdom, will do at the Reverie. I can't even imagine what his reaction would be if Sabo or the Revolutionaries came up in conversation.

Seiryu and Nerbs like this.
  5. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Definitely think those is where we will see a majority of SHP allies come together, and not simply the allies made thru direct Mugiwaras contact affiliation but more of allies thru allies. By that I mean governments or countries that had strong ties to Alabasta, Fishman Island, etc that didn't know of their situation but are so grateful that decide to stand by them.

It'll also be a place where we'll find out the amount and power of countries that will be enemies of this final clash.

I can see everything going real sour with Vivi defending SHP's and turn this into a major twist arc as well.

Can't wait!

6. zsonszkie

Expand Collapse

So much excited for this one.. I want the Whole Cake Arc to end and see if Jinbei will come aboard . lol. excited for wano and kaidou..

Im also excited to see what happende BB VS RA

7. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the reverie will be like a side arc..Like random discussions parallel to where the SH are.

Or! MAYBE, just maybe, the SH will be there as well. Germa is a kingdom, so it'll participate in the reverie. And we still don't know how the wedding will proceed.Maybe to go after sanji they are forced to go there.

So many things happening... I don't know If I can take this much contentment.

8. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think the Reverie will tackle about abolishing the shichibukai system since they saw what happened to Dressrosa. Vivi and King Riku will be the witnesses to give the proof of the disadvantages they got from the system. I think it will be a short glimpse to Reverie and more on Wano Arc. Whole Cake Island will be finish eventually, and I can't wait to see Jinbei aboard.

Wano Country maybe is full of Narutos and Rurouni Kenshins. So hyped! :grin:

9. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Abolishin shichibukai is a no no. the gorosei and the WG would not do that. the shichibukai is part of their military force. with no shichibukai, how can they win the war? imagine them without mihawk, hancock, kuma and the others. they will easily lose. they will depend too much on their admirals.

10. Mikanami

Ma'am
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We will see these arcs soon as it almost at the end of December.Many things will soon be discovered and revealed.and ...We will see Vivi again after so many chapters!

11. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They can still pay for Pirates to help them or even blackmail them. They can set high bounties for their enemies, for other pirates to fight them. WG is also concerned about their allies.

Tho I'm not sure if the scene Issho stating the abolishment of Shichibukai is a foreshadowing.

12. Nerbs

Expand Collapse

As if I want already excited for 2017 with the rest of the whole cake island arc! This is super exciting! We'll also be getting Zoro's adventure with the samurai and see Vivi again at the biggest Royal family gathering ever! I wonder if they will answer cobras question about the void century! If they do, what did his ancestors do?!? :chopper:

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  13. Tony

Unknown Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm not 100% sure but i think it was said that they didn't have interest in participating in the Reverie

Dustfinger likes this.
  14. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

oh I forgot ^^'' pardon me

15. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I would assume the Reverie Arc is during the travel/transition period during the Wano Kuni Arc. The "state of the world" events always come up when there is a gap in the Mugiwara's part of the story. It should take a few weeks for Luffy's group to meet up with the rest of the crew, so it leaves a chronological opening for Reverie since Oda only leaves time skips (even 24 hour look backs like Ace vs. Blackbeard) for significant events.

I have a much more pessimistic view of Reverie. They are the spoiled brats of the world. The moral leaders are few and far between. If there is an "arc", we will have something big like Vivi deciding to break off from the World Government. We probably get to see future antagonists with Oda highlighting how despicable the rest of the world is.
    That's the end/near end of the series. We won't get the content of the Void Century until Robin reads the 9 (think it was 9) poneglyphs that make up Rio Poneglyph.
    Forgot about him...this definitely allows for a possible twist between him and Vivi. Vivi would naturally stand up for Luffy, so drama between these two would make a lot of sense.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  16. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sounds awesome! Hope to see Germa Kingdom change plans and attend the Reverie instead.