EOS Luffy Pirate King Final Form Theory!!!

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Kho469, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Kho469

Expand Collapse

Soooo I have a theory or idea or whatever you want to call it regarding Luffy's final form. I have not seen this theory anywhere before so please let me know if someone else has had this idea.

So I'll start by saying that I believe that Luffy will have 5 Gears. each gear having their strengths and weaknesses. While some like Gear 2nd and even 4th in my opinion are the not as much comedy based but meant to be more badass, whereas gear 3rd and gear 4th Full Mode are more meant to be funny. I believe that Gear 5th being the final form. Now in the world of One Piece there are so many OP characters and these characters did not get there over night. Except for Blackbeard kind of but even he had to bide his time sailing under Whitebeard. This being said, Luffy is still veery young and to say that he is going to be the top pirate in his current form at this age is kind of a slap in the face to all these other awesome characters that have been built up all this time. I think there may be another short time skip but nothing to age the Strawhats too much. Remember One Piece seem sto be aiming to have this kids make his dreams a reality. I know this sounds like a contradiction but bare with me.

***Warning*** Some Hunter x Hunter spoilers

So all of that being said. In order to have Luffy become Pirate King and still be young enough to make this an even more extraordinary feat, I believe that Luffy will pull a Gon Freecs.... If you do not know who Gon is, he is the main character in the anime Hunter x Hunter. In this show is very young and new to using the powers of Nen. To overcome these gaps in skill and experience that he faces he uses Enhancing to generating extremely powerful attacks using his Nen.

Now how this relates to Luffy. In Gon's fight with Pitou he is impossibly out matched in speed, Nen, and even power. Basically in every way and it is built up as Gon not really having a chance. He just had his raw rage towards Pitou. Now this is where it gets incredibly awesome! In at Gon's current age/size, his body is not capable of housing the kind of power it would take to defeat Pitou. So in a fit of pure rage/emotion, he enhances his entire body. He basically forces his body to age/grow to the point in which it is at its most powerful form which looked to be somewhere around his mid 20's. By doing this he was able to completely dominate Pitou.

Luffy being a rubber boy is able to form his body into a variety of shapes and sizes. An example of this is him shrinking to a child form after using 3rd Gear against Rob Lucci. I believe that a Gear 5th Luffy will be capable of reshaping his entire body into the form at which he is capable of his maximum potential. Essentially making himself older. By doing this he, like Gon, would be able to access even more abilities than he currently does. I won't speculate as all that may be possible at this point, suffice to say there are a lot of new abilities and upgraded versions of current abilities that could be used. The issue with his current gears is that he is not able to use his Haki or Devil Fruit ability efficiently. This I believe is because of his current state. His 19 year old body is not capable of housing the power that he needs to generate to take on the level of opponents that he will have to for the title of Pirate King so he will force himself to the form/age that he will be able to access his maximum potential.

I think this is a very possible outcome for the story because if you think about it. This will give Oda the ability to show what the future Pirate King Luffy will look as well as how he will fight, and still be able to bring him back to the youthful Luffy that we all know so well. Making him a very young but also extremely powerful Pirate King.

[​IMG]
    So this is my theory on the future of Luffy in OP. If this theory exists already then please let me know because I am unaware. I would like to go over some different aspects of the theory with someone that can see this as a possibility. Thanks for reading this, more theories/discussions coming soon.

Mugiwara Nakama and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

That fan art is a bit eww but I like the idea

3. Kho469

Expand Collapse

Yeah the art is bit rough but I was having a hard time finding images of pirate king Luffy with the chest scar haha. Thx

4. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Click if you want to be spoiled on Oda's actual plan, which is coming up this year FYI (specifically the start of the Wano Kuni arc since the actual climax fight is no way in 2017).
    "Gear Fifth" should be the "final form", but it will be Luffy's awakening. In Wano Kuni, Lucci (who learned the requirements to activate/gain an awakening from Vegapunk; Foreshadowing in Film Gold when Akainu talks to Lucci saying that Lucci now acts big/thinks he's a big deal) will teach Luffy this information to overcome the mutual enemy of Kaidou. The reason for this is that Kaidou allying with the Shogun is a threat to other countries (the World Governments 200+ countries, which Wano Kuni is not a part of). Both the 100 Beast crew and Wano Kuni independently are a threat, so combined they become the world's greatest threat. Thus, the minimum of an awakened Luffy and an awakened Lucci defeat Kaidou.

Villaine and Kho469 like this.
  5. Kho469

Expand Collapse

I like this idea. Did you get this from somewhere or come up with it yourself?

6. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

combo between shanks, luffy and whitebeard rofl xD

7. AkainuWrrshiprr

Millwright-in-Training
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's been confirmed...Luffy's 5th gear will not come after a timeskip. Luffy's 5th gear is the timeskip itself.

Jokes aside though, it's a pretty neat idea.

Kho469 likes this.
  8. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Small bits of key details were released in unofficial databooks. I won't take credit for filling in the details/connecting the dots. The main plot is already predictable since we have the framework of the past 19 years.

Kho469 likes this.
  9. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Where was this stated exactly? i can't remember Oda or anyone from his staff have been out and said it would going to go down like this?
    It does sound very possible but i doubt it's a fact or atleast i missed it. xD

Kho469 and Tony like this.
  10. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I got spoiled haha I didn't continue the read

11. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

everyone wants a timeskip smh. there wont be another timeskip

12. Kho469

Expand Collapse

I think there will be. They have a lot of catching up to do and there current strength doesn't seem like enough to be the strongest by the EOS sooo theres likely to be one.

13. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Those same unofficial data books (pretty sure you asked about it before). The manga and Film Gold have the typical "Oda foreshadowings", so he is pretty much set to the foundation of his plan (just like the foundation of WCI couldn't be changed with Oda only changing minor details). Not much else was released in terms of Wano Kuni since Oda stated himself he is still working on a rational way to defeat Kaidou.
    Haha...I'm pretty sure I make sure to state that it is spoilers for even manga readers when I post it.

14. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I just want to know if it's legit and guess what I realized while reading hahaha

15. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

dude they grow stronger as they travel just like what happened in WATER 7. they just powered up by themselves. Luffy got gear 2nd and 3rd, Sanji got fire legs, Chopper got monster point, and Zoro got asura,

no need for timeskip. once luffy learns awakening, that will be it. he'll be strong. Zoro and sanji haven't fight seriously. also the others.