If Ceasar is the next crewmate - will Jimbei die?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Freshairkaboom, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

We all know that Big Mom flirted with the idea that the Straw Hats might lose some of their friends in a worst case scenario, and we know how freakishly strong Big Mom is compared to Doflamingo, who could've easily killed the entire city in a few seconds if he wasn't so melodramatic with his bird cage game.

So what if Jimbei will die in the Whole Cake Island arc? We don't yet know what he lost to the roulette, maybe it was a vital organ that allows him to just barely survive long enough to help Luffy and Nami escape, maybe a little longer as well. But Luffy already asked Jimbei to join, and if he's not going to be the next Straw Hat, then the only reason would be that he would die.

And I don't blame Oda if that's the case. Jimbei has already played a vital role in the One Piece story - he comforted Luffy after he lost Ace, and reminded him of what he still had. Also, he doesn't really fit a unique role in the Straw Hat crew. Some people have been thinking about him as a diplomat for the new world, which is cool and all, but it's not really a unique pirate-like role I think. ("Parley? I hate parley!")

On the other hand, Ceasar could be one of those "never believed he could be redeemed but Luffy is so awesome" kind of people. In fact, Robin's feminine beauty was surely the only thing that allowed us to accept her more when she wanted to join. But Luffy doesn't see that. If people wish to redeem themselves for real, he will rise to the occasion.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  2. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

If Jimbe were to die, that would make this arc a lot more impactful, and it would say a lot about how dangerous the New World really is. So far we've seen high stakes, but nothing's been actually lost. If someone who's been as important to the story as Jimbe has were to die now, it would prove that the Yonkos aren't to be taken lightly and that there are real dangers to be seen in the near future.

Also, side note, I would really like for Caesar to join. And Jimbe if he doesn't die.

3. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

I have mixed feelings about this, I feel like Jinbe is the most solid addition they could make right now, and his know-how within the New World, as well as the high esteem Luffy holds him in will be crucial going forward. Jinbe dying would mean that Luffy has failed to protect the people close to him again, something that he's resolved to do after the pain of losing Ace.

Whilst it could be impactful, I'd be apprehensive about immediately killing off a character we've waited 5 years for

Villaine and Mugiwara Nakama like this.
  4. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

can we just stop saying JIMBEI WILL DIE? are you guys even reading the manga? really?

it was reported that Jimbei that back out and did not do that roulette thing wit

5. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

Really? Where was this "reported"?

6. 4th D. Blade

Expand Collapse

jimbei will be good for the strawhats. that's if he will remain living.
    i don't like ceasar. XD

7. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

That's the point though. It's a tricky situation because we don't like him, nobody does. But Luffy is above and beyond our understanding of friendship and loyalty. If someone wants to redeem themselves, he steps up.

4th D. Blade likes this.
  8. 4th D. Blade

Expand Collapse

well. i don't think he wants to redeem himself. idk.

9. Saami

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What if Jimbei is the next crewmate while Ceaser dies?

Tony likes this.
  10. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

But what will Jimbei even do in the Straw Hats? They have a captain (Luffy), a quartermaster (Zoro), a sniper/canoneer (Usopp), a navigator (Nami), a cook (Sanji), a doctor (Chopper), a shipwright (Franky), an archaeologist (Robin), and a musician (Brook).

So what is Jimbei's role?

4th D. Blade likes this.
  11. 4th D. Blade

Expand Collapse

sea cannon, tide bringer, idk swim when luffy drowns. haha

12. TWzk

Expand Collapse

Helmsman

13. arthurLinc

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Come on, guys. Jimbei won't die... Oda wouldn't make us wait so long for him to join the crew to suddenly kill him. Haha. He'll be a nice addition to the group and somehow a "mentor" to help Luffy.

4th D. Blade likes this.
  14. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

Mentoring him in what? He is good at emotional support I guess, and could be like a dad figure onboard I guess, but other than that, I don't see what he could teach Luffy that Luffy don't already know? Luffy is very good at knowing the important things.

arthurLinc likes this.
  15. Freshairkaboom

Expand Collapse

Interesting, but that's it? Standing at the helm would be a pretty tame role IMO, as it's a very stationary and non-flattering role.

16. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

What about quartermaster? I know Zoro is like the vice captain or first mate, but the quartermaster is more someone who is in charge of discipline and generally the day to day management of the ship and crew. Jimbe could do this as he has more experience than everyone else and is highly respected.

17. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

IMG_20160728_214013.jpg

Big Mom didn't take any vital parts cause Jinbei reject the roulette. If he dies then I'll be really disappointed. We wait a long time for him to finally join and it will be cut in one arc? I guess Oda san won't cut that hype just for story development. Caesar and Jinbei can be Straw Hats at the same time tho the possibility of Caesar joining is getting smaller.

I'll be really happy if I see Jinbei in action with the Straw Hats. Hyped!

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  18. arthurLinc

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy can be quite impulsive and usually don't think before acting. This will never change, I'm aware, even because it's one of his most remarkable characteristics. However, Jinbei is like a "senior", has had experience as Shichibukai and with famous pirates like Big Mom, he could try to make reason with Luffy sometimes and share important experience.

19. Betelgeuse

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I understand that Jinbe has done some amazing things so far in the series but bigger things have yet to come. Jinbe is now carrying queen Otohime's will. To unite the Fishmen with the humans and for them all to live together in harmony. Jinbe believes that Luffy will be the man to bring all of that together.

In other words this is not Jinbe's time to go. There are still many great things he has yet to achieve. After he completes his ambition maybe then will he die in peace.

4th D. Blade likes this.
  20. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm with you.

By the way, there's no correlation with Caesar joining and Jinbe dying.