One Piece Chapter 845: "The Enraged Army"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Chaudfontaine, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She will say something wrong and sanji will see her through! She is probably the most psychopath of all those psychopath little children we saw in that pannel (why else show us that?). All BM daughters have something weird/psychotic, so why not purrin?

(before you metion lola, she's the exeption which makes the rule)

Tony likes this.
  2. BarryBanksonCODE

Expand Collapse

That would make sense if he hadn't given Nami the chance to leave. If he had said that she needed to stay to help him by using her weather abilities then your point would hold ground. But since he said she can leave if she wants to, it indicates that he is indifferent to her presence & doesn't expect, or care about, her help.

How can he expect her to take care of herself if he gets knocked out by the army (which is inevitable until & unless something or someone intervenes) which would leave her on her own against all those beastly soldiers?

Konohakitten likes this.
  3. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great chapter, extremely emotional, but here are somethings that I think we need to know.
    1. How will Luffy make it out of this mess?
    2. I trust sanji enough to know that he will make it out of his situation, This isn't the end of his journey.
    3. We need to find out what Choppers plan is, it might just be enough to help Sanji or Luffy. Probably Sanji.
    4. We also need to find out what is going on with Brook.
    5. Where the hell is Jinbe? this guy disappeared.
    6. As much as I like Zoro and the other people, I really want this arc to finish before I get a progress report.

DylanPup likes this.
  4. Villaine

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

I did this for my new OTP :D. Sanji x Pudding <33

Also another heart breaking chapter ;_;. Hope that Luffy will get help from somewhere :XXX and Sanji will find a way to escape the situation. I don't believe that Pudding is a psycho. She is so kind, sweet and innocent. May be she will fall victim in this whole confrontation ^^.

Tony, Marco Polo and Chaudfontaine like this.
  5. strpnts

Expand Collapse

Suddenly lola's father is the 4th ex-commander that's why he's burried inthe forest..

6. maisafie

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Giving someone the freewill doesn't mean that you don't care, but that u care more about his/her feelings than yours :). If you really really love someone you give that person the right to choose. And if he/she choose to leave you respect that wish and hope that was the right choise. And, in extent to that you're always gonna be there for him/her. And I bet that Luffy "love" Nami (as a friend not smth else :) ). And if her response will be to be there near him will be because was her choise :).

7. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Liar Liar, Pants on fire
    [​IMG]

Villaine likes this.
  8. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Marco Polo, @Konohakitten: There seems to be some miscommunication with the likely outcome being in the middle of what has been interpreted. I'm not saying Luffy is going to win, I'm saying he will survive against them until Lola (or whatever help) comes. The wedding is happening in a few hours (definitely less than 12 hours based on the established timeline/event plans). There has always been clear distinction between "captain-level" fighters that has expanded into multiple levels of "powerhouse" tiers (the Mugiwaras are a rare exception of three "captain-level" fighters at the start of the series; Every other crew I can think of has the captain at a significant power advantage, with a similar if not bigger gap between executives and the next highest level fighters). The pawns (they may be literal pawn toys with life spans put in by Big Mom) are a non-factor. I put people like Cracker, Luffy, Yonkou, the admirals, etc. in the elite/top tier. Someone like Brulee is clearly at least two tiers below the strongest fighters (she has normal physical capabilities, but has a strong ability). I do think some, if not all of the young children are in the second tier. Main thing is that Oda is portraying a standoff, vs. a strategic fight where surrounding Luffy should definitely lead to a defeat if all the children are second tier fighters (they all should have fruit abilities).
    You are quite right conceptually. Only thing is that Dragon seems to be a good/moral character while Jyajji and Big Mom are clearly bad guys. Although both sides are against the World Government/Marines, Jyajji/Big Mom want to conquer specific parts of the world while the Revolutionary Army wants to overthrow the corrupt system.
    Luffy should not lose. A loss goes against his own promise to have the strength to protect those he cares about (one of the few 100% guarantees in the series). Yes he now is completely indifferent about her being there (which is why she is off to the side inside of the tree's mouth again). However, the implied power levels, logistics of the fight/strategy, plot situation/implications, tendencies of the series, etc. all point to Luffy surviving (not winning).

9. Lugz

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nami schwaaaa-nnnnn!!!
    Anyway, someone already posted last week that is will be Lord zeus and Lord Prometheus that would be controlling the weather. I believe that guys is right. Kudos to you!! (Sorry, I am too lazy right now to back read)

Chicano180 likes this.
  10. Lugz

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I do not think there would be anyone coming to help Luffy on this bind. I am seeing Impel Down Level 5 again, when luffy literally dragging Bon Chan's body after Haki'ing the winter wolves. Oda may be pushing Luffy's limit this time and weigh him down. The same helplessness, the same frustrations but also the same undying motivation to stand on his ground (in impel down, it is to keep pushing down).

I do not see Luffy winning this riot. Luffy will fall down and will add to the emotions currently boiling inside Sanji. We may be into a very watery arc ( and I am not referring to the mizuame). I see the troops being captured and this arc may end not in everyone's expectation.

The way Sanji sees things, he already decided to continue on the wedding (at least to protect Zeff). To save Luffy (and Nami), Sanji showcase his ability to cook food and will cook food in the feast, that way Luffy will eat it. It may be a taboo to Judge and his brothers, but a pretty common with Big Mam (even appreciated). And in a rather uncanny twist of fate, Sanji will set sail with the Straw Hats again.

DylanPup likes this.
  11. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just saw this on fb hahaha ©
    FB_IMG_1478274528177.jpg

12. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Tom D Shipwright I got a good laugh out of that one too. Not sure what the creator's intention was, but pretty much everyone can hold their own, even against Big Mom herself. Even Garp, despite being the "weakest" of the group (based on the limited fighting we see him do), has the speed and haki to at a minimum, put up a good fight. Luffy is just lucky to have connections to some of the strongest people in the world. Compared to this, Sanji's connections are relatively commoners.

Villaine likes this.
  13. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He intended to show that even if Big Mom tries to scare Luffy with that surprise bombs and head on the box, it will only be ignored cause he has strong connections. It will take a lot of BM's subordinate or Big Mom herself to get their heads. It's just so hilarous and epic with that duck face gahahahaha

Villaine likes this.
  14. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

something I found on the interwebs, was pretty interessting

Tony, Lugz and Date Damon like this.
  15. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#55 Dustfinger, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    so what's the most convincing sentence will Chopper say? any wild guess?

16. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

This chapter was pretty amazing for me, just loved the panel that Luffy just stands there and faces off the army, just beautiful. Then the panels that Sanji is talking with Pudding and Luffy is already fighting with the army already... So well done, seriously. Loved every single aspect of it.

Tony likes this.
  17. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow thats some thorough analysis but quite something many have thought about though. The question is even if Chopper can take advantage of the mirror and manage to have a talk with Sanji, how is that gonna help Sanji escape? Its not like they can jump out or into the mirror.

18. Konohakitten

Expand Collapse

@Seiryu There was miscommunication because I wasn't talking about Luffy winning or losing. My whole thing was that he was being reckless and indifferent towards Nami :sweatsmile: I feel better know about it though, I wasn't in the best mood when I read the chapter and my womanly feelings went on a rampage. Anyhow now that I've had time to think about of things maybe Nami should be the one to save them. It seems that Zeus and Prometheus are indeed homies so should should just control them and take control of the storm Mom created while adding her own flare to it. Man Big Mom would lose her cookies is something like that happened. Plus it would let Sanji know that they are safe.

@Chaudfontaine That's a pretty sweet find there. Chopper would be perfect when it comes to communication for Sanji within the castle. I really want to see what Brook and Pedro plan to do since the last time we saw them they were inside a guard.[/QUOTE]

Seiryu likes this.
  19. Villaine

Expand Collapse

Just a thought that came up : what if by the end of the arc Reiju will decide to marry one of Big Ma's sons? This will free Sanji from the obligation to marry Pudding and he will go back to the Straw Hats. ^__^

Dustfinger and Seiryu like this.
  20. AntonS

Expand Collapse

No need to sacrifice her life. One of her brothers also may marry Big Mom's daughter. Niji/Brulee seem to be a perfect couple.

maisafie and Villaine like this.