One Piece Chapter 846: "Egg Defense"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Dustfinger, Nov 17, 2016.

1. D.inoyaro

Expand Collapse

But how would jimbei knew if its important?He cant read the poneglyphs.

2. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Red it was just a joke.

It shocked me, too.
    Pedro should have said "I could do it" and Brook should have Pedro's text :)

Red likes this.
  3. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Pretty well done chapter. Although I don't agree with some people when the spoilers came out saying this was the "chapter of the year", it was still great and a lot of information was delivered to us. It was only a matter of time for Luffy to get defeated, I wonder who's going to save him.

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Shudai_Kitetsu

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What an amazing and lovely chapter!!!

As always Nami looks hot af :D

5. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

nice avatar broski

I 100% agree, even when the spoilers came out it didn't really feel that special as a chapter. I mean, the chapters where the world-building happens are always interesting but we had chapters like that on Zou that were just as "good" in that sense
    For me the chapters featuring the Vinsmokes were more entertaining, especially the Sanji flashbacks

Jinbe seems like the "obvious" pick since he's currently MIA, but at the same time I'm hoping Sanji will pull through once he realises that Luffy is still refusing to move even though he's had his ass beat

Owl and Villaine like this.
  6. Kabus

Expand Collapse

Is Puding maybe pretending to be Sanji with some kind of fruit power.

7. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Big Mom would know that - I think

8. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

First off welcome to the forum! Glad to have people with new perspectives. I definitely agree with the bi-polar aspects of Big Mom's personality. The only thing is that she has always been consistent with her two dreams. Sanji is critical for access to Germa science. This is the reason why her offers are legitimate and it is probably not an empty promise. As for the vivre card, The daughter with the meitou sword took it from Nami so they are captured and have no means of a counterattack (Luffy is guaranteed to be put in kairoseki cuffs).
    I agree with the deviation from the "pure morality", but Brook is also the most blunt. The severe situation also necessitates compromises. Plus Pedro was already going to volunteer anyway. Forgot Smoothie has to go to the wedding, so the original foreshadowing of Tamago vs. Pedro/Brook can still happen during the wedding. This leaves room for them to actually steal the poneglyphs (Jinbei coming in here makes sense to take his "gift" back with him; That would be hilarious to see Big Mom's reaction).
    Unfortunately no. It's a fan request (probably because of Carrot). The translation seems off because the requester uses the pen name "Eiichiro Oda". Unless Oda completely changed his plan in the recent years of SBS, Brook and Jinbei are the last crew members.
    Big Mom has this ONE adult/human aspect. Being able to compromise rationally is something most adults can not do all the time. I underestimated how much Big Mom would be willing to overlook for the sake of her dream.
    I must have misread the comment then. If that's the case, the "weakness" aspect being referred to is tied to the pawns not being able to attack Nami (they go after Luffy, but he easily takes them out while being attacked by the sons).
    I agree with the illusion base, however we don't know if there are physical objects created in the "real world". Nami is subdued due to the daughter's ESP powers (not sure if anyone pointed this out on top of her sword skills) and Luffy chooses to not move. It can be a simple illusion, but it could also be a projected alternative "world" with real objects projected from the book above Luffy's head.
    This is based on the overnight fight (the chapter that shows the following morning, might have been shown initially when Cracker has his armor destroyed). He *claps* and this creates crackers from the ground. They literally seep up from the ground. He creates a man-made material from "nothing". This is why the previous rules of paramecia/logia is being blended, so Oda can deviate if he wants. Paramecia is much more likely, but there is some room for it being a logia.

Uly and Villaine like this.
  9. Sprasle

限界を越える
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Bullshit I'm best mod of all years

maisafie likes this.
  10. katching pirates

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I hope Brook suggested Pedro as a bait because he has a great plan where Pedro could execute it better than Brook using his abilities. Afterall, Brook said that he was happy about what Pedro told him. Maybe he learned a lot about all his abilities which can help them in this stealing quest.

I love how Luffy is still insisting on staying on that spot even if he is being carried out of there.

Interesting that Big Mom has no knowledge about the Vivre Card. Has no one ever told her about it at all. She's got lots of homies in the Seducing Woods who wasn't defeated. Or maybe Big Mom knows but her children doesn't.

Interesting kids Big Mom got. Just how many husbands does she have????

More information about poneglyph. So far, seems like the Strawhats have found just one of the Road Poneglyphs and if Joyboy's apology to the Mermaid Princess is considered one of the Rio Poneglyph, that makes one Rio Poneglyph for them. Some other poneglyphs they've seen was the one in Skypiea(info about Shirahoshi), the one in Alubarna(info about Pluton), and the one in the Alabasta desert(the one in the anime when Luffy fell into the ruins of a dome along with Chopper and Zoro)

Villaine likes this.
  11. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Completely forgot about Jinbei... indeed, it's the most obvious and personally I'd rather get him saving Luffy so we can see more of him.

Icecrusher likes this.
  12. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This was a wonderfull chapter!

Luffy seems to have knocked out all the small fries from the army, which is to be expected.
    Love Lady Amande's sardistic play here and seems she is from the long neck tripe.
    must admit i am a bit lost to who exactly is homies and who is actually real people here to be honest.
    Seeing Nami bieng usefull is always a very nice thing, she actually put up a decent fight without showing any fears.
    We also got to see a new DF in the world of books, all the people in BM familly seems to have these crazy looking DF abilities.
    Seems that they cant really kill or touch Nami because she has BM vivre card, i am actually kind of excited to see the conversation between BM and Nami.
    Gotta love Luffy trying not to leave the exact spot :P wonder if he even moved from that spot through the fight xD

I got a bit surprised to see how BM reacted to Sanji's request, however i wouldn't be surprised if she changed her mind right after the wedding even if it went smoothly.
    Did anyone els noticed how BM jolly roger changed when her faced changed? found that kinda funny.
    0112.png

Aint surprised that BM have 3 poneglyps, what that surprised me the most was how much information Tamago seemed to know about them since they can't really read them i would expect they didn't had much information about them. but then again the mink tripe seems to know a lot about them aswell so i guess it is only normal in the new world!
    We get introduced to another commander, and her DF powers is fucked up as the rest of the BM pirates. but seems she can press out all the fluid out of living things and make it into a smoothie.

Aint really surprised how Brook ask Pedro to be the decoy, it will give the most turbulence, and that is exactly what Brook needs to copy the Poneglyphs or steal them. Highly doubt he will actually steal them, all they need is to print copy them and get the hell out of there, no need to have the actual Poneglyphs, would just be death weight!

Overall a really nice chapter i will give it 9/10!

Seiryu and Villaine like this.
  13. Time

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

feeling so bad for Luffy right now. he couldve avoided that beating if it werent for his stubborness. and i have a feeling its gonna get worse...

14. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Villaine likes this.
  15. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you know what this means?
    Big mom is actually controlled by the hat!!!

But we all know that everything goes as planed means she is going to continue the plan she has had since the beginning, sacrifice straw hat Luffy. Since she is making a promise to Sanji I could only assume luffy's physical body will be fine, but his soul might not be.

Villaine likes this.
  16. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah a really good plot twist haha

Villaine likes this.
  17. Lugz

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If Oda deliberately drawn Big Mam's jolly roger to show/reflect her 'current' emotion, then it could be a very good hint on Nami when SH eventually (hopefully, but not betting my dime on this) ended in negotiating table.

It's a good clue to gauge how to deal when you're talking with another. Maybe Pudding told Sanji this, that is why Sanji was able to 'pop' the truce question. Knowing the mood of the person you're talking to helps alot during discussions. I can attest to that

Villaine likes this.
  18. Lugz

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That wasn't confirmed yet. So far as we knew, Robin is the only 'human' alive (that was known and mentioned) capable of reading the ancient text, but it was not confirmed if Robin is the only living person who knew how to read the text in the NEW WORLD. Robin's ability to read the text had been pretty well known (since alabasta incident and ennies lobby), yet I haven't seen any attempt to 'secure' her aside from the Ennies Lobby / CP9 incident. And even the CP9/Ennies Lobby incident is not 'entirely' focus on the ability to restrict Robin's access to the Ancient text (or get her services). It is more on Spandam's fanatic on the ancient weapons.

Remember the Duke (dog, forgot his name) told them on Robin's abilities - anyone would try to snatch her knowing her abilities (and it is pretty known). But that hasn't happened. It is also common in New World to see fish copies of the text, since it is next to useless, if you can't read them. What is even the point of 'collecting' the actual stones (as we've seen Tamago had done) unless you know how to decipher it? So what does it imply?

This could be so far-fetch, but I believe there is another in New World that can read the ancient text (either under Big Mam or Kaidu crew), and this may not be human. Otherwise, what is the point of holding into the actual stones?
    Unluckily for the two Yonkos, both sides can only 'read' one or two (and surely not aware of the one located in Zou). But everything lead to suggest that another one can read the text in New World. Otherwise, Robin would have been snatched by any of the Yonko's the moment they started in New World.

D.inoyaro and Villaine like this.
  19. Tony

Unknown Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The hat also been shown talking in an earlier chapter. I think it's just a homie, like all the others, but who knows it might have some special purpose/power like Prometheus and Zeus.

menma likes this.
  20. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ah yea forgot about that, and yes i completly agree with you with that it's just a homie!