One Piece Chapter 848: "Goodbye"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Dustfinger, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#1 Dustfinger, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  2. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Pudding said to Luffy, "No break next week".

Owl, DylanPup, Wolf and 3 others like this.
  3. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#3 Dustfinger, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    So much feels, I feel pity for her. How selfless. :sob:
    IMG_20161201_200009.jpg

Oda san is a master of cliffhangers.

More on: "I'm an Okama!".

4. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

YEAR OF BROOK

Owl, DylanPup, Wolf and 4 others like this.
  5. Mophal

Expand Collapse

Brook is playing a big role in this arci hope that he don't screw it in the end :)

Owl likes this.
  6. Jaehaerys Targaryen

Expand Collapse

This chapter is awesome!
    I only have 3 points to say.

1ST
    [​IMG]

One Piece will be celebrating it's 20th Anniversary in 2017. So I am excited to see what Eiichiro Oda has in store for us next year to celebrate 20 years of serialization! Also, I can't believe that 2016 has only one month left. YEAR OF SANJI passed by so fast. Maybe we'll get a YEAR OF ZORO next year? In the Wano Arc? Who's with me?

2ND
    [​IMG]

Brook gave me the chills! He is indeed the SOUL KING! Maybe he is the one to defeat all of Big Mom's souldiers. Get it? HAHA! Also, KUDOS to Oda and Brook's voice actor and all those involved in making the song "LET'S GO SEE MASTER NEKOMAMUSHI" in the anime! IT. IS. SO. FUCKING. AWESOME. AND. CATCHY!

3RD
    [​IMG]

I believe that Pudding told Luffy and Nami that she'll commit suicide based on Luffy and Nami's reaction. Or at least do something extreme to stop the wedding and make Big Mom hate her instead of hating the Strawhats. What do you guys think she whispered?

THIS IS ONE HELL OF A TEAR-JERKING CLIFFHANGER! But hey, there's no break next week which is nice. I believe we'll only have two more chapters this year before Christmas break so it will be a good revelation/surprise!

Owl likes this.
  7. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I got goosebumps in this chapter when pudding started whispering...
    Got a feeling Luffy wont care in future if he looses another 10 years as long as he prevents what Pudding is planning to to, or prevents her demise...because i think we all are thinking the same thing about what she said to Luffy x Nami.

soul king rocked some souls tonight... he'll be performing live till next week ;)

Owl and Lugz like this.
  8. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

Marco's analysis:

Looking at Luffy and Nami's faces, Pudding be on some next level crazy shit
    Poor Sanji won't have anyone to give those flowers to :(

Owl likes this.
  9. Kabus

Expand Collapse

Killing her self would be such a cliché. it would be to boring.

Imagine if she said that she is going to kill sanji instead. xD

10. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

HE will give it to Nami-swaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn

11. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#11 Chicano180, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    I don't like talking about the obvous sooo let's talk about Pedro, Brook, Chopper/Carrot, Luffy/Nami, Vinsmoke, Capone.

Pedro - He's a badass and will take out Tamago. BTW, everyone is going to meet up with Pudding!! Pedro is on the 3rd floor and they're trying to corner him in the GARDEN, very likely where pudding was chillen outside and where Sanji currently is. Should get interesting!

Brook - He's going to take out everyone in the room, get a copy of the road poneglyph, AND probably see and remember the convo about the Tamatebako Box having a bomb and using it wisely. My question here is how the hell is he going to get out safely. 1 of the commanders simply waiting for that door to open makes his chances grim. I'm still betting on Chopper/Carrots crew to pull through and find a way to get to move freely within the mirror world or use the bomb as a distraction tool to get away from Commander Smoothie.

Chopper/Carrot: We all know Chopper has an easy way out of the chains. The question is how will he defeat and/or destabilize the DF within the user. Will he use monster point to beat Brulee? Maybe use the rumble ball to destabilize the DF user where Brulee is unable to control mirror world. Maybe it'll open/close the "mirrors" to others besides her...idk talking on a whim here lol. Anyways they need to come thru so that it all ties together.

Luffy/Nami: They need to escape and I think that's obvious. How they're going to do that is up in the air. It can still be dependent on Chopper/Carrot. Maybe Jinbei?..doubt it. Capone is another probable option. Vinsmokes...maybe..depending on their intentions. Pudding maybe gave them a way out? It's clear that this Book DF guy needs to be defeated, but who knows how the hell this is going to happen.
    Plus, doesn't NAMI seem a little to calm on that 1st page? She's scheming...maybe she found an interesting book title in the library lol.

Vinsmoke: After the last time we saw them they seemed uneasy about what was happening in the library. It made me think that they wanted to get someone/something out of these books. Maybe were hired by someone/kingdom to rescue someone (unlikely since they're assassins). However, I do think they're not going to be following the agenda. They have something planned, maybe even got a plan w/ Capone...who knows!

Capone: He's another one that's clearly up to no good. Another person, like the Vinsmokes, that seem to have another agenda.

BTW, why is Smoothie asking Tamago for permission? It almost seems like Smoothie is an underling of Tamago for a sec there lol. Also I think pudding is going to poison Sanji just to put a twist on it and see the sister save his ass.

It seems to me that Big Mom has many enemy's within her castle at this very moment that she doesn't feel are a threat. Some that she isn't aware of and some that she is. I think it's all going to bite her in the ass once it all comes together after the Christmas/New Years Break.

Unfortunately Zoro is not around because it'll be overpowered to have him in the arc. It would have been a much shorter arc if we had him slicing everything in his path. On the bright side tho we get to see how much of a pansy Sanji is, we finally get to see who he really is under all that shit talk towards his master Zoro. #BitchMade #Sanji'sYearToShitHimself

Owl and Seiryu like this.
  12. Kabus

Expand Collapse

pedro will die!!

13. Zeek

The 10th Mugiwara
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm at work so a brief comment.

Pedro and Brook moved up numerous notches in my book in this one chapter. Amazing drawings in both their scenes as well.

Pudding and Sanji will get married. Just on their own terms when she is no longer connected to Big Mom.

Pudding said she is going to run away just like her sister before her.

Villaine likes this.
  14. Kabus

Expand Collapse

If Shanks was is in that kind off prison I think he could destroy it with his conquer haki, why can't that luffy do. he has it also.

15. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Haha, classic.

Yet another girl that rejected Sanji.

16. redhawk96

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Good chapter, well noone knows what Pudding whispered, i doubt she would suicide.

17. X Drake

Kaido is my bitch...
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My first guess was that she were gonna kill herself, but remember the slight flashbackof lola. I belive pudding is going to to do the same as lola and leave the crew

18. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Since Bufford isn't here I want to comment like he would to remember his name :D

"Brook will fight against Smoothie, because she is in front of the treasure room.

Brook vs Smoothie
    And other Supernovas fought against commanders too which means Brook is a supernova.

We know that Brook is very old and was a pirate when Roger was a Rookie which means that Brook is a supernova, but from the old generation!

~ Bufford out :D

Villaine likes this.
  19. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This chapter didn't really progress much other than the Pudding twist. The first thing in my mind is she will tell Big Mim she is calling of the wedding. This will get her in deep crap with Big Mom. Suicide does nothing, plus it goes against Oda's morals (moral statements are the fundamental driving force/inspiration for the manga).

Everyone else's situation stays the same so no point in rehashing the same thing.

@Chicano180 as for Tamago and Smoothie, she is the superior in the crew but Tamago is the direct servant of Big Mom (similar to Wanda/Carrot to the Mink Kings) so in terms of crew responsibilities she listens to him. Part of this is Smoothie's super laid back personality. "I don't wanna get in trouble with mom so just let me know what I can't do" is the gist of what I interpreted.

Before excessive Brook love comes out, he can only instantly take out the pawns. There are multiple children there so Brook should be captured. I definitely put Pedro at a higher level of combat capabilities and Oda specifically put a son in a dress as the only child Pedro comes across (likely to be the only other weakling other than Pudding/Lola). With Brook cornered, Chopper has to take out the mime child for a non-peaceful resolution. My bet is still Lola/Pudding especially now that we know Pudding has her own plan (it will help get the ball starting to roll but Lola, Capone, etc. are all still necessary).

Owl and Villaine like this.
  20. Villaine

Expand Collapse

How i wish to believe that Sanji will marry Pudding some time later ^____^. I feel bad for him. Another girl ditching him ;((. He deserves better ^^.
    Pudding will surely try to run away, but she won't make it far. Eventually she will be captured either by Big Ma or other pirate crew, who knows ^^.

Brook will show how powerful he is! Go Brook! Go Pedro! :D