One Piece Chapter 851: "Tab End"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Dustfinger, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Villaine likes this.
  2. zsonszkie

Expand Collapse

holly molly. this chapter is superb! :D

3. Villaine

Expand Collapse

Mu SanjixPudding ship is now officialy sunk! Thank you Oda for doing this...

Pudding you youuu youuuuuuuu little bitch!!! I wish Nami to grill you good with some thunders!!!!!! Evil bitch..... grrrr.....

I feel even sorry for Sanji now x.x I wish i could give him a hug :XXX *hugs Sanji* He deserves a nice and loving girl beside him.

Brook is in a very serious trouble now. Just get the damn Poneglyph alreadyyy x.x

Chopper and Carrot will finally manage to enter the castle and Jinbe comes to the rescue! Yeeey! :D

Seiryu likes this.
  4. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#4 Dustfinger, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    IMG_20161229_230051.jpg
    I cried a little here, so much feels :sob:
    He can't light the cigarette. It's a symbolism for hope. He's hopeless. A man's tears :sob:

And @Edinbour this is really a hyping chapter isn't? Jinbei for God's sake where have you been all this time, thank you for coming! The 9th Nakama is here! His fist is ready to serve JUSTICE! (Insert Superman bg sound)

And look at Luffy, losing some tooth makes him really cute. The smile of hope! :)
    IMG_20161229_230104.jpg

10/10
    Everytime I see Jinbei it will be a 10/10 rate hahaha THE HYPE IS REAL

Nerbs, Seiryu, Edinbour and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#5 Chicano180, Dec 29, 2016
    Jinbei, there's 2 options for the roulette vs Jinbei.
    1- Jinbei lost 10 years of life. (My personal option)
    2- Jinbei lost the leg that has not been shown.

Or maybe Jinbei didn't actually play roulette. I think we can't completely rule this option out. Maybe Jinbei got Big Mom a big ass cake or something or maybe an extra production of w/e Fishman Island usually gives her...idk.
    OHHH!!! Maybe he's the one that told Big Mom about the Tamatebako Box! He probably even took it out the treasure's and then gave it to her as a WEDDING GIFT! lol (I actually like this option the best).

Brook, he's a gangsta! He still fighting, still struggling, and still living even though he's already dead.
    Then his punch line is epic as fuck! He's the real hero.

Sanji, he's still in the same predicament "essentially". He knows everything that's going to go down, but it's not like it'll change the fact that the ceremony will continue. He still has his wristbands, and he also still has Zeff to worry about. It also won't make a difference whether he tells the Vinsmokes or not. They either won't believe him OR think that he's trying to spoil the wedding and blow his wrists or kill Zeff. Yes, he has to act and likely will now start planning. Jinbei releasing Nami/Luffy gives a small spin, he'll probably inform of a plan and the time to execute the plan will LIKELY be once the Tamatebako Box is opened (hopefully before the actual wedding ceremony...unorthodox...i know).

Villaine likes this.
  6. Nico Kaitlin

Expand Collapse

Scanned it. I wanna cry for Sanji :'(

Villaine likes this.
  7. redhawk96

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sad and happy at the same time.. Finally Jinbei came to the rescue, I wonder what Sanji will do from now on

Nico Kaitlin and Villaine like this.
  8. Reddot

Expand Collapse

9. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Blend with the bad weather

Villaine likes this.
  10. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#10 Chaudfontaine, Dec 29, 2016
    i thought the chapter was named "moist cigarette". anyway...

>how can a bullet go through a wall when it went through Reiju's leg when she was seated?
    >Candyjacked bullets, sounds pretty OP
    >the animation of this is going to be hearthbreaking, tearjerking and so beatifull. Pudding talking shit abut Sanji who is failing to light his cig in the rain next to the window. I hope that Pudding laughing with sanji will be done right with the fitting music.
    >Sanji crying not with his eyes and mouth open is sincere. He's really hurt because he has no way out of it.

>BROOOOOOK
    >YEAR OF BROOOK
    >another freaking awesome panel with brook and Big Mom
    >"Young Lady... What kind of fool... would ever plan to die!?" Qoute of the year from the skelly that has been brought back to life.
    >the quote is fantastic but the translation seems kinda off. other sites say something like this which looks more right in the context. (it's not that BM planned to die herself)
    [​IMG]
    >but i love the young lady part as brook is 90 years old and everybody from rogers gen is like 70 or so

>Team bropper prociding as usual. nothing major, but hopefully usefull in the end.
    >Carrot's role for the crew? the drawer, artist,...?

>Onee-san & that evil grin. Lovely.
    >Oda fixing the plothole he left behind and was questioned by a lot of u. Why tell everything to reiju? here is the answer, he needed to tell the audiance and fixed his way around it with a memory fruit. (a bit sugar's fruit without the toys)
    >was there not a memory loss episode with the strawhats in east blue? or is my memory corrupted by pudding? Could there be a connection?
    >Sanji's flowers at the window but not him, where will he go? Nobody but the strawhats will believe him. But he has been to Big Mom already and begging for a leash for pudding will probably not end well. What will he do? Searching for Luffy? Finding team bropper?

>Luffys hands already showing blood. Opera going like "what a crazy fella". love that little remark, just like the selfish remark.
    >Jinbeeeeeeeeeeeeee fishhacking in the story again
    >What was his punishment? He has all arms, heads (we didn't get to see his left leg, maybe we would get a pirate wooden leg?)

>a chapter with little laughs after a cascade of tears and the ending is full of hope. BUT WHERE IS PEDROOOOOO???

Twelve and Villaine like this.
  11. Gol. D. Chris

Captain of the Roger Pirates
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You guys know that Jinbe didn't spin the wheel, because he retreated?

Was mentioned in the newspaper of WCI

Zeek, Nerbs and Villaine like this.
  12. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm less affected by Pudding screaming out her plans because the presentation of this chapter was done pretty nicely, Pudding's Devil Fruit is also nicely thought out.

The window being open and Sanji being able to hear exactly what he needs to hear to thwart their evil plan was pretty cliché but necessary, since Reiju has forgotten everything. As @Chicano180 said, this is essential for him to start a plan so that he can get out of this situation. I think this whole arc is an attempt to wrench out some character development in Sanji, to rid him off that sexist mentality. While I don't think he'll exactly start kicking/fighting women, perhaps he'll understand to some degree that women are equally capable of treachery and villainy.

Brook is super badass lately, having the balls to talk like that to a friggin' Yonko where most people would run away in fear. The dialogue super awesome, the "Young Lady" was a nice touch.

Jinbe's arrival is also a great cliffhanger, let's see how this turns out :D

Personal Rating: 7/10

Twelve, Nerbs and Villaine like this.
  13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

OH MY GOD!! This chapter was a masterpiece, easily one of the best chapters of the year :)

10/10

Brook vs. Big Mom, Jinbei returning, Pudding being a crazy bitch with a cool devil fruit.. Best of all, no break next week (so far) :)

adorebela, Nerbs, Seiryu and 2 others like this.
  14. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1st i read there's no chapter this week on forum... so coming home after 12h long shift and finding out there is OP chapter out was INSANE already...

Then i read it...

I cried... poor sanji...
    Then i saw luffy's tenacity... I felt joy...

then i read 5000 tile and i knew it was jimbe... and was screaming so much my neighbour came to check if I am allright. (my inner child was on steroids at the time)
    + listening to Very very very strongest while reading this chapter gave me INSANE case of goosebumps

SUUUUUPPPEEEERRRR last chapter Oda ... for gods sake this year was really amazing. I do hope You'll prosper as a person and mangaka in 2017 because if anyone deserves it, that 'd be you !

10/10 chapter!
    Only down side of chapter 'd be choppers part but i didn't really mind it.

Twelve, Kyros, Seiryu and 2 others like this.
  15. TheDarkSide

Expand Collapse

omg !! jinbe coming....holyy insanee...vote 100/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg....the King Soul is rock yaaaaa..

Nerbs and Villaine like this.
  16. Nerbs

Expand Collapse

Oh my gooooooodnessss!!!!!! I had to re read this chapter more than once! It's sooo good!

The devil fruit Pudding makes sense to how she can be so great at acting. She can just edit things out if she fails!!!

Poor Sanji.....his heart is broken and now he's probably lost all respect and hope for women!!! I'm glad that he still took the food with him and only left the flowers outside in the rain. Can't waste food! lol

Brook still holding his own to Big Mama! How will he get away from her and get the ponyglyphs?! And Oh that little speech he gave about Sanji! So sweet!

Hahah I wonder how good Carrot's drawing ability is! I can see it taking a comedic turn like when Luffy first drew the Straw Hat Jolly Roger hahah

JINBEI!!!!!!! So Badass! I can't wait to see him help the Straw Hats once again!

So basically Luffy and Nami will get freed by Jinbei, which then Chopper and Carrot will pick them up. Luffy and Nami will fill everyone in on what's going on. Hopefully they find Sanji, who hopefully already has a tactical plan in mind since he's good at stuff like that. Then they will create the biggest wedding crash ever!!! :sanji::brook::chopper::nami::luffy:

Villaine and Seiryu like this.
  17. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! Definitely a great way to join in...Oda is so good at crying faces...
    I had a completely different interpretation. The shock ("!!?") is probably from Big Mom in my mind. Brulee is probably close to Brook's age. Brook is assuming Charlotte is younger than him, when she is probably the older person here. I hate to burst everyone's excitement, but Jinbei's appearance doesn't change much. Safe to assume he is as strong as a Commander, but not as strong as Big Mom. So we only have 2/3 Commanders neutralized. We've only seen a couple dozen of the 80+ children, and we've only had a few weaklings. Brook can neutralize all of the pawns/other Homies, but there's a reason Oda is having Big Mom be the one to fight him now.

Even if Jinbei releases all of the prisoners (what I'm expecting to happen; The rare beasts are in a separate library), it is illogical for Oda to create Level 6 (legitimate "allies" in terms of combat capabilities) out of no where. The sheer number of New World level fighters is something that is not even close to being overcome (yet at least).

At first I thought Pudding didn't shoot Reiju based on the text, but Reiju had a memory of being shot by Pudding. The candy coated bullets are likely the work of Perospero, which means Oda could have even the pawns overpowered as hell (this isn't the case since they have a "normal" rifle shown thus far).

Being freed and adding to the chaos will definitely help a lot, but how Jinbei got out will be key. Big Mom doesn't let things slide unless she is given something in return. So I doubt just spinning the roulette wheel was enough to get him out after asking to leave. I would assume he negotiated something, but even he can't negotiate letting Luffy and crew leaving safely. We still have no idea what will change this, and other than Lola, it probably has to be something/someone not brought up yet.
    Woah, slow down here. Absolutely nothing to imply this. The context implies Big Mom wouldn't even think of going to East Blue (only Shanks has the insight from being under Roger so search for a hint in East Blue).
    Not necessarily. It makes sense that the newspaper spread false propaganda to make him a villain (he was clearly a favorite among the residents). The fact that they couldn't report him losing a limb/dying clearly implied he was safe after spinning the wheel..Theoretically Jinbei might have negotiated out of spinning the wheel, but nothing implies he has that much leverage over Big Mom.
    Disagree with this since Sanji is not that naive. Even though he sucks at getting a date, he's had his heart broken/manipulated before in the series. Other than Viola, most good looking females I can think of had an agenda to flirt with Sanji. He says to himself that Zeff's morals force him to immediately forgive any lady. We'll see how forgiving Sanji is, but the fact that he left the roses there neatly implies he will continue this trend and will eventually "forgive" Pudding. The bento looks like he took with him to eat in sorrow...

Surprised no one is talking about the mirrors. They technically don't need Carrot to draw because one of the mirrors answered that Sanji just passed it/him/her. Even with this, it is nearly impossible to rescue Brook with Big Mom and Smoothie there. Unless Chopper/Carrot reunite with Luffy/Jinbei/Nami, they aren't very safe. I assume they reunite with Sanji (this probably will be the end of the next chapter since I'm expecting a break soon and a Sanji cliffhanger would be big enough), but Sanji should be an emotional wreck. This irrational state is what I think allows for some crazy cliffhanger.

Edit:
    Haha...great point! Another completely overpowered ability out of nowhere. Now that I think about it, the memory infiltration is painful, so this is probably how Oda rationally excludes Pudding freely manipulating anyone's memories. I still think she is a complete weakling without the special bullets from Perospero.

Twelve, Villaine and Nerbs like this.
  18. Nerbs

Expand Collapse

I thought about that too. I wasn't sure, I had the feeling it was maybe the Media making Jinbei look bad since he left the "family", but that totally could have been what happened. Although it probably would have been hard to retreat from Big Mama, unless Brook's breaking into the treasure room is what helped Jimbei get away.

19. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just read a more accurate translation of the chapter (not something i found, so not posting it). Carrot's drawings will be necessary to find Luffy's group since the mirrors are asking what Luffy/Nami/Brook/Pedro look like. Best case scenario is that everyone except Brook (maybe Pedro based on how Oda handles the fight continuing; Not sure if window mirrors count) can reunite (very possible with Mirror World). This does not change the numbers and lack of top tier fighters for the protagonist side. Having Brulee definitely would help a negotiation since Mirror World is probably essential to maintain Totland operating under Big Mom's rule. This only allows Big Mom to not go into a rage since keeping Brulee alive is a necessity for her.

Villaine likes this.
  20. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

WOW! I'm speechless.