One Piece Gold

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by Kabus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Kabus

Expand Collapse

Nice movie, just watched it. spoiler it contains a new badass move from gear 4. :DDD

2. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Honestly it was meeehhhh... There was no shock value or surprising anywhere in the movie. #HypedForNothing

3. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This movie was disappointing, I thought it would be better. There weren't even good fights. Zoro and Luffy fight were ok but the rest could have been made better. No idea why Lucci and Sabo were even in the movie, I hoped for a cool fight between them but there was none. I also wasn't a big fan of the setting because imo it didn't really fit one piece that much.
    There were some funny moments at least and did anyone else spot Wanze and Absalom? :P

Tony likes this.
  4. pskecount

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think at least among One Piece movies... It's one of the best 'cause of It's different style and a Good Story :blush:. Also the Villan is pretty Strong if You see and his backstory too is touching ;).

Date Damon likes this.
  5. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I'm still trying to find the movie with good subtitles. The ones I saw so far are pretty bad, even though the quality of the movie itself is excellent.

6. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The exact same reason why we have new Revolutionary Army members. Foreshadowing for the future. I'll definitely admit knowing what's coming up in terms of Lucci/Sabo connects the dots and thus makes the movie more exciting for myself. But to each their own in terms of preferences/likes.

7. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

It was no different to any One Piece movie we've seen before

Beginning fight that hypes you up/introduces you to characters you already know
    Strawhats enter new place full of hope
    Something goes wrong, Luffy loses to main villain
    It goes a bit more wrong and crew member(s) are in danger
    Plan is made
    Plan looks like it's going to fail, creating "tension"
    Actually the plan went perfect
    Lots of fights that end in one or two hits
    Luffy does some shonen screaming and wins
    Happy end

Only differences here were Gear 4th and the random inclusion of Lucci/Sabo which didn't add anything except a bit of fanboy hype

The one thing I will say, a lot of the plot points revolved around Nami, to the point where her and Carina almost felt like the main characters and the others were just there for support

Lol of course you didn't like it, Zoro was waiting to be rescued for almost the entire movie lol

DraculeMihawk and Seiryu like this.
  8. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Lmao I didn't even think of that! But that's probably the reason why lmao

9. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great analysis.

Marco Polo likes this.
  10. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

I really liked the movie as a whole and all of the fight sequences were really cool too. My only complaint is that
    Brook only had one fight and Chopper didn't get any. I was hoping to at least get some Kung-Fu point or maybe even Monster point action near the end, but no, nothing for poor Chopper :sob:.
    At least Zoro got some action after being unable to do anything for most of the movie. I also really liked the part with Sabo and Lucci.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Christina Choi

Baby Otaku
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I just watched this and it was not good but AMAZING! I love the lucky-lucky fruit. So happy that Sabo made a scene too.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  12. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Probably still on my mind from the manga chapter thread, but definitely this is a big factor why I have skepticism on the additional nakama. Oda can only create so many villains and a larger crew only increases the risk of them not having a valid role when the action starts. Expectations should be relative, and expecting the same level of perfection from Oda's part-time work is inhumane.

13. FrankyGaon15

The Barbarian
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Movie was ok I guess. Were some pretty funny moments and unlike jacky I actually liked the setting.

All of the fights were shit. Franky didnt even get one either (although im happy he was involved in a lot.of.other stuff). The underlings of the gold dude were pretty shitty considering there devil fruits were top tier, which is why im glad they are non canon.

Also people saying that this connects alot of.stuff to the manga arr stupid cause its non canon and its annoying that people think this movie is.on the same level as strong.world and Z

sweetjacky likes this.
  14. DraculeMihawk

There is no rest for the wicked.....
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Bad fights, nice animation, good subject, bad execution...and non canon...generally not bad not good...can live with it as a lunch company movie !!

Mugiwara Nakama and sweetjacky like this.
  15. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

yea, watched it just now. Loved the opening song! And Tesoro's backstory was pretty touching as u said. I enjoyed the film but besides the problems everyone else has pointed out, my biggest concern is Luffy kept yelling at my face, the entire movie I noticed he didn't speak normally at all. Tanaka-san must have had a sorethroat after doing Luffy's voice.

Seiryu and pskecount like this.
  16. AIMD_Tausug

Expand Collapse

Well, of all the OP movies, this is the first time that NAMI WAS NOT THE ONE KIDNAPPED! haha Seriously, in Strong World and Z, it was always Nami, Nami, Nami or Robin. Now it's Zorro which is funny lol.

Animation and Music were superb! There lots of goofing around which is typical of OP and it's fun.
    Fight scenes were kinda forced :( I only enjoyed the first fight when those stupid long, long pirates attacked. We need more of that, involving all strawhats fighting in a badass way. And yes, I agree with someone who said Luffy's been shouting TEESSOOOORRROOO all the time! seriously! WHy!?

And SABO vs LUCCI could have been shown! :(((

Storywise? I don't feel too attached or moved by the motivation hey have. THere was not much at stake (aside from Zorro dying which we all know is close to impossible). I honestly even felt dragged til the end. Point in fact, I was even able to stop watching midway and continue it the next day. That was how unattached I was :( too bad.
    Having those children as "freedom fighters" was only placed for drama, but we never really got too attached to them. Tesoro's backstory was moving, yes, but I feel that it was also forced. Hogback's story was way better haha.

But then again, I am no Movie critic haha. I am thankful for every little thing OP have taught me :)
    for the overall, I gotta say the One Piece Film: GOLD was good, but a bit overhyped. It cannot beat Strong WOrld or Z. But it has it's own unique feels as well.

Am I willing to watch it again in theaters? no. I would rather stream it online if I want to watch it again.

Good Job TOEI for the animation, and pls make more interesting movies next time :D

17. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

I think the biggest complaint that we all have with this movie is that they didn't show Sabo vs. Lucci. Am I right?

18. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes it was disappointing for me too. But afterwards I was thinking about it and they couldn't really show a proper fight between them because Lucci's new powers have yet to be revealed in the manga. So it was kind of stupid to bring them up in the movie to begin with because it just got our hopes up for nothing. Maybe they should have used another character instead of Lucci like a strong marine, then the chances of a fight would have been higher.