One Piece Manga: Story Is About 65% Finished!

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by Danny, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Danny

死の外科医
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The second issue of the "Dai One Piece Shimbun" promotional publication printed an interview with One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda on Wednesday. In the interview, Oda states that he has finished around 65% of the manga. He adds that he cannot do any more long stories besides One Piece.

Oda previously mentioned in a previous issue of the One Piece Shimbun in 2012 that he had finished around 60% of the story.

Source:AnimeNewsNetwork

2. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

3. Danny

死の外科医
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Your thinking is just wrong :P

1* Oda confirmed today that the Manga is about 65% finished.
    (The link you posted is old and the editor must have taken A GUESS,nothing more )

2* Luffy's age doesn't move with the manga.The manga started at 1997,which means in 19 years ,only 3 years have passed in One Piece universe.(if you remove the 2 years of timeskip,all the events have happened in around a year).If I take a guess in the end of One Piece Luffy will be 21 years old.

One Piece 19th anniversary this year just happen to coincide with Luffy's age.Thats all !!

4. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Someone didn't read carefully...although I give the benefit of the doubt since this is a continuation off of the main interview in a separate thread. This 65% is directly from Oda, and the interview was just published. In the main interview, Oda says himself that he keeps adding ideas to his original story, which is why the overall length keeps getting longer.

So based off of this most recent estimation by Oda, now we have another ~10 years of manga to go through. I'll be old, but still enjoying Oda's masterpiece!

5. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

What? :sanji2:

Luffy will be 20 when he'll find One Piece, and when disbands the crew forever after he defeated Blackbeard (He'll kill Blackbeard by accident because Gear 5th will be only an instable form). There will be a 2nd timeskip where Luffy will be 30 years old when the manga ends. And actually the manga will end in 2027 with 1550 chapters!!

If the story is about 65-70% ready, there's any credit for a 2nd timeskip! Ch.944 will be in 2019 & we are at Ch.833 - I've calculated that!

I think 50 chapters would be enough for the "2nd timeskip arc"!

Just incidentally...

• the disband of the Straw Hat Crew is foreshadowed by Ch.488 - Binks Sake!
    • 4+8+8 = 20, where Luffy is 20 years old when he disbands the crew forever! And he'll find One Piece a week before his 20th birthday. (around April 15th, 2021) - if we calculate this accurately!

6. LordanL

Expand Collapse

And he said he only sleep 3 hours a day...

7. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

The point of a timeskip is that you skip a significant time between chapters
    If you're having a "timeskip" whilst showing people what's happening during said timeskip, it's not a timeskip at all

Also you really, really need to stop basing all of your opinions around your theory; blindly following it won't make it any more or less accurate... It just makes you come across as being so very narrow minded in terms of your views on One Piece

8. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

I was just trying to make you know the standpoints. I'm not a narrow minded at all. I'm following every chapters.
    And min.50 chapters should be enough for the 2nd timeskip!

9. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

@Danny.D

Damn... How such a blind I was!! RogersBase said also! Ok... You're right this time!

10. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

I don't doubt that you follow the chapters and stuff
    What I do doubt, is the actual quality of the arguments you can present when you stick to the same set of ideas and you have no intention of budging

Whilst it is cool that you're so passionate about this idea, it is only that, an idea; and considering the amount of users who have questioned you on it, and in a few instances disproved it, you should at least consider re-evaluating your idea

11. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

HUH? :sanji2:

Sir, please! I'm following the story & the manga also!! I've watched the whole series!! TWICE!
    So I can easily say what's happening!! Because I'm following the manga. And if you could notice it there are used to be some hidden foreshadowings! Like *10 years as for the 2nd timeskip, Luffy's upcoming bounty in the future! (By Jack's current bounty!)
    and BINKS' SAKE!!

12. Nico Kaitlin

Expand Collapse

I wonder if post-timeskip will have 6 sagas like pre-timeskip and if the manga will really be 120 volumes... -_-