OPF YouTube Channel: Topic Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Marco Polo, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

Right, so I'm not sure where exactly to put this, but this sub-forum has the word "Suggestions" in its name so I reckon this is a safe bet. If it's not, I apologise, and the appropriate authorities can move it. ^_^

Anyhoo

It's as the title suggests: @Jawahib and I are hoping to make discussion videos on a somewhat regular basis, and although we've done one which was generally well-received and have another waiting to be released in the upcoming weeks, we're eventually going to run out of topics. So we thought hey, this is a YouTube channel run for the lovely people on this here One Piece forum, why not ask them what they want to see from the OPFTube channel?

If you have any particular One Piece related stuffs you would like us to discuss, leave your suggestions here and we will pick either the most popular topics, or the topics that we ourselves like the most

Two things to ask of you:

1) Please don't leave suggestions such as "who's your favourite character and why", because we'd quite like some topics that we can really get stuck in to, rather than ones that can be answered in two sentences ("I like Law because he's awesome")

2) If you see a topic that you like, please "Like" it rather than posting it again: it's a lot easier for us who are looking through the thread to see what's popular and what's not

Please note that we may not get around to doing your topic, and if we don't we apologise in advance (unless your suggestion is "Who's your favourite character and why", in which case we're absolutely not sorry)

That's a lot of writing I just did there
    I'm done now

Suggest away

~ Marco n Jawa

Wolf, Icecrusher, Red and 2 others like this.
  2. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to bump this thread up so that more people can see this. I personally think it's a good idea since there's a lot of member involvement. :)

3. Yumavo Cado

Mental Masochist
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Make a "Top 10 Reasons You Should Date Yumavo Cado".

4. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

*hate :P

@Marco Polo, I'll try to think of a topic... Whatever comes to my mind sounds so lame xD

5. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Bonney's past/role. There's a lot of theories about her out there and I'm sure you guys also have your own thoughts, so I'd like to see what you guys think.

6. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

How about doing one that discusses about the different types of poneglyphs, the ones the SH have come across, which arcs - the role of Joy boy in all of this?

7. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Depends on how much effort you're planning to put in...

I am a fan of "Top 10..." topics.
    I always get hooked on these for some reason.

Make a viral One Piece related video.

Something interactive. Like predictions for the next episode and review user comments for following video.

8. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the ideas guys! Don't worry, we're reading them all and taking them all into consideration :D
    Keep them coming!

Marco Polo likes this.
  9. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

#9 Marco Polo, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Okay, since we don't want any confusion, I will explain the current video situation to you here so we don't get any confusion or upset

Jawa and I recorded a video last week, which will hopefully be released soon, which is a discussion about the World Government

We're in the planning process for a third video, one that we've been talking about and planning since before we decided to do the Sanji video, that will hopefully be recorded in the next couple of weeks. We think this topic will be interesting for you guys, as there doesn't seem to be much out there about it as of yet. However, this one may not be released for a while.

Once the second video is released and the third is done, we will start using the suggested topics that are most popular, or the ones that we feel we can find good information and good discussion points for: It may end up being that we cover parts of you guys' chosen topics in the upcoming videos, who knows?

(We do, mwahaha)

Anyways
    Hopefully you'll enjoy the next video we have for you, and then the one after that. We want our videos to be informative, entertaining and at the same time include things that you guys have asked for, since the channel is mostly for you

I write a lot, I need to work on that
    But hopefully that's got you up to speed with where we're at with the whole video producing thing

In response to @5kyMarshall

Once we've chosen a topic, we'll put in the maximum effort necessary to make a good discussion video on that topic.

Wolf likes this.
  10. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ahh okay.
    What about;

- Geography of how One Piece World fits together. Like a documentary type thing. Different seas, redline, calm belt, dangers of monsters etc. I have seen some maps out there, but we should make our own somehow.

I've always wanted a full explanation of it all.

Wolf likes this.
  11. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to put this as a discussion topic too. However, I just thought it was me who didn't get the full picture, so I put around one hour on it to understand the whole world xD

Another discussion topic:
    Explaining the timeline of all the major events so far. The void century, how long ancient Kingdom ruled, Roger's start of piracy, Jaya getting split (if I remember it right), Joy boi's timeline. Kinda of an interconnecting video of the timelines and then any speculations from you guys on the timelines or how these things might have occurred.

12. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I did the exact same thing. Had to do Google search on how the world was put together. It still didn't make sense to me how exactly Reverse mountain worked and how the calm belt came to be because of the redline etc etc.

I know generally, but would not be able to explain to someone.

13. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

True, me neither and it is a good topic precisely coz of that - unless I m mistaken - there isn't any other video out there that explains this topic well (I skimmed through YouTube now and found theories about Redline and Calm belt but no explanation of the One Piece's blue sea)

Either that means people are quite brilliant than me (very much a possibility xD) or people assume the same thing I did and did some searching on their own - in which case this video would be a helpful.

14. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yah.

If you end up going through with it.
    - Mention exactly where Raftel is theorized to be (furtherest side of the Grandline from the New World.
    - Single entrance into Grand Line (maybe mention how Fishtiger climbed)
    - Where Fishman Island is
    - Each sea entrance and separation
    - Calm belt (Rayleigh swam through it, Navy boats coated karoseki to be able to go across it I think)
    - Redline (where's marejois)
    - Strange weather behaviour in Grandline (Log pose function?)
    - How awesome 5kyMarshall is
    - Not worthy locations

15. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Call this a weird suggestion, but I'd particularly like to see "List of One Piece plotholes".
    I love being critical.

You spelt "Phantom" wrong.
    And so have you.

16. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

How about video discussions about "unique" theories originally from OPF members (not copied from a non-OPF member)?

17. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE DOING IN THE THIRD WEEK! I think we were going to try make it a surprise, but I'll be damned if that wasn't the most coincidental thing that's happened for like the last decade. We haven't completely written up the plan, and I wouldn't wanna spoil anything more without conferring with Marco first, but Geography is definitely the topic for our third video.

Owl, Red and Marco Polo like this.
  18. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

Marco can confirm this
    We won't say anything more but most of what you suggested is stuff we've talked about

Owl likes this.
  19. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Marco Polo likes this.
  20. Plozoh FTW

Salad Tosser
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea. Offer free boobs and weed.