OPFeedback: Have Your Say!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Marco Polo, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

I've been given the title of "community moderator", and from my interpretation of the job description, a big part of what I'm here to do is make sure you smelly so-and-so's are happy with how the forum is running. So, to make a good first impression for boss Owly, I'm gonna do my job a little bit (crazy, right?) and make you guys a quick questionnaire to answer about the forum and how it runs.

PS: for anyone confused about the scale, only use it when appropriate, it's not that hard lol

Section 1: opforum.net

On a scale from 1-5, with 1 being the lowest:
    1. How satisfied are you with your OPF experience as a whole so far? Can anything be done to improve your overall forum experience?
    2. How satisfied are you with the way the current staff team are running the forum? If applicable, what changes would you make?
    3. How highly would you rate forum activity? If it's too low, what do you think could be done to help improve it?
    4. How highly would you rate the content on the forum itself? Are there sections that you think should be added/removed?
    5. How easy was it to integrate into the OPF community? If you had any difficulties, what can be done to help?
    6. Any other general comments/ideas for forum improvement

Section 2: OPF Social Media
    Note: One Piece Forum are currently on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (will add links later)

1. Do you follow OPF on any social media platforms?
    2. If yes, how often do you see/interact with their content?
    3. If no, why not?
    4. Is there anything you'd like to see from OPF social media pages that hasn't been done yet?
    5. Do you think social media is important in raising forum awareness?
    6. Did you find the forum through social media?
    7. If yes, which content shared on social media made you want to join?
    8. Would OPF benefit from joining any other social media platforms? If yes, which ones?

Section 3: OPFTube

1. Are you subscribed to the One Piece Forum YouTube channel?
    2. If yes, how often do you watch videos there?
    3. If no, why not?
    4. What content from the YouTube channel do you particularly enjoy
    5. Is there anything you want to see from the YouTube channel that you haven't yet? i.e. Different types of videos/podcasts etc.
    6. How likely would you be to recommend our YouTube channel to a friend who follows One Piece but isn't on the forum?
    7. Should the OPF YouTube channel cover anime/manga that aren't One Piece?
    Thank you for your time!

Monster Trio likes this.
  2. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

1. 5, although it's mostly due to the community itself. More events for people to get to know eachother.
    2. 3.5/5, could replace the AFK mods with new ones.
    3. Fairly good for the relevant sections. (One Piece)
    4. IT, Japanese Culture don't see much use and could probably fit into General Discussions. Could get rid of the inactive anime/manga specifics.
    5. ez pz but I'm me
    6. Give us money

Note: One Piece Forum are currently on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (will add links later)

1. Nope
    2. -
    3. I don't use any.
    4. -
    5. Sure
    6. No
    7. -
    8. -

1. No
    2. -
    3. I don't have a Youtube account
    4. -
    5. "Let's Watch" type of stuff maybe
    6. 5
    7. Why not, if someone wants to do it?

Marco Polo likes this.
  3. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#3 Skivar, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Section 1
    5/5.
    Members are good and community inspires innovation.

3.4/5.
    @BlackDuck and @kazuko.i haven't checked in for a while and should be demoted and replaced with active members. All the current staff members have good temperament and are well suited for the job but activity is sometimes an issue from team members. This issue can partially be solved by the staff being more involved in hosting community events and communicating with members, but I think OPF is to big to manage with such a small team so the best solution is more staff members.

3.8/5.
    Activity is doing alright, but we regularly have long periods where no one is posting. I think this can be partially remedied by adding people to the forum staff, but there also needs to be an effort from normal members.

5/5
    More activity is needed, but the activity we produce is top notch. Lots of smart and innovative folks sharing ideas and content on here.

5/5
    OPF has a good, if not underutilized, community. One of the least toxic internet environments I've ever seen. Super welcoming and I've never felt uncomfortable here.

My main suggestion is that OPF staff needs more team members imo. Other forums have way more staff and I think the extra help would be beneficial for OPF.

Section 2
    Yes, Facebook.

Once a day, though I regularly check onto the FB page.

Promoting member events like Krazy's tournament and member recruitment drives.

Yes; its currently being underutilized imo.

No, I googled "One Piece Forum"

I think Facebook and Instagram are the best platforms and we already have those. Just gotta use them more efficiently.

Section 3
    Yes.

Whenever a video is uploaded, though I sometimes skim due to lack of time.

Chapter reviews and the Marco x Jawa videos. Always insightful and entertaining.

Right now the channel is doing good. More content is always nice, but I think its good as is and anything else would be icing to the cake.

Very likely if they watch One Piece.

I think the channel can cover anything and everything related to the OPF.

Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  4. G12

G12
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#4 G12, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Section one: opforum.net

1. How satisfied are you with your OPF experience as a whole so far? Can anything be done to improve your overall forum experience?

4 not really overall I like it here maybe some small stuff like the lottery and belll system if possible can make it more fun but isn't really necesary.

2. How satisfied are you with the way the current staff team are running the forum? If applicable, what changes would you make?

5 nothing to complain

3. How highly would you rate forum activity? If it's too low, what do you think could be done to help improve it?

4 in my opinion the forum is quite active but not sure what others think

4. How highly would you rate the content on the forum itself? Are there sections that you think should be added/removed?

5. How easy was it to integrate into the OPF community? If you had any difficulties, what can be done to help?

4 quite easy but you just need to learn to know most people

6. Any other general comments/ideas for forum improvement

nope (grin should be nicer)

1. Do you follow OPF on any social media platforms?

yes on fb I see sometimes updates and stuff which helps me to keep track on the chapters and such

2. If yes, how often do you see/interact with their content?

interact not really but I notice it's newfeed once or twice a week

3. If no, why not?

because don't know what I should say or not but I like it mostly

4. Is there anything you'd like to see from OPF social media pages that hasn't been done yet?

nope

5. Do you think social media is important in raising forum awareness?

yes it can help raise it's popularity

6. Did you find the forum through social media?

nope via google

7. If yes, which content shared on social media made you want to join?
    8. Would OPF benefit from joining any other social media platforms? If yes, which ones?

idk

1. Are you subscribed to the One Piece Forum YouTube channel?

probably not sure

2. If yes, how often do you watch videos there?

sometimes depends

3. If no, why not?
    4. What content from the YouTube channel do you particularly enjoy
    5. Is there anything you want to see from the YouTube channel that you haven't yet? i.e. Different types of videos/podcasts etc.
    6. How likely would you be to recommend our YouTube channel to a friend who follows One Piece but isn't on the forum?
    7. Should the OPF YouTube channel cover anime/manga that aren't One Piece?
    Thank you for your time!

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1. How satisfied are you with your OPF experience as a whole so far? Can anything be done to improve your overall forum experience? fine, 5
    2. How satisfied are you with the way the current staff team are running the forum? If applicable, what changes would you make? Sometimes missing mods,but Grin & MP will do fine too now since they are pretty active/addicted
    3. How highly would you rate forum activity? If it's too low, what do you think could be done to help improve it? depends on which day it is, or when the chapter comes out 5, other days from 2-4.
    4. How highly would you rate the content on the forum itself? Are there sections that you think should be added/removed? 4, certainly MP's shitposts. Otherwise OP threads are okay, discussions are good
    5. How easy was it to integrate into the OPF community? If you had any difficulties, what can be done to help? 5, Easy lovely people
    6. Any other general comments/ideas for forum improvement. Editting in NSFW pls

1. Do you follow OPF on any social media platforms? yup
    2. If yes, how often do you see/interact with their content? when they post I see it
    3. If no, why not? Social interaction? ieuw
    4. Is there anything you'd like to see from OPF social media pages that hasn't been done yet? Post reviews, chapter threads (not only on thursday)
    5. Do you think social media is important in raising forum awareness? people will comment on the SM instead of here, lazy af
    6. Did you find the forum through social media? Nope
    7. If yes, which content shared on social media made you want to join? Nope
    8. Would OPF benefit from joining any other social media platforms? If yes, which ones? Snapchat #OPFSELFIES

1. Are you subscribed to the One Piece Forum YouTube channel? yup, I had to.
    2. If yes, how often do you watch videos there? yup, I had to.
    3. If no, why not? yup
    4. What content from the YouTube channel do you particularly enjoy? The reviews are nice, discussions are lit, maybe reviews a bit long
    5. Is there anything you want to see from the YouTube channel that you haven't yet? i.e. Different types of videos/podcasts etc.the marine top 10 from Zeek
    6. How likely would you be to recommend our YouTube channel to a friend who follows One Piece but isn't on the forum? Friends?
    7. Should the OPF YouTube channel cover anime/manga that aren't One Piece? No

Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  6. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Using @Grin 's format (thank u)

1. 5/5
    2. 3/5, don't see the need to keep inactive mods. But the recent additions made it better.
    3. 4/5, think it got better recently
    4. 3/5, there's some inactive forums out there (Specific manga/anime ex)
    5. 4/5, I think the warm welcome is great, but, maybe still keep in touch after that would be better.
    6. Give us money plox (grin should be nicer)

Note: One Piece Forum are currently on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
    1. Only Facebook sometimes
    2. Not that often, but I just check out the page itself
    3. -
    4. Not really, maybe get other members interested in some theory threads?
    5. Yes it's a way to get new members. Just need to get them out of lurking.
    6. Yeah though only lurked at first
    7. Chapter thread links.
    8. Don't think so, didn't even know we had Instagram.. Twitter and Facebook should suffice.

1. Yeap
    2. When I feel like it, and browsing YT anyways
    3. -
    4. Don't have anything specific.
    5. -
    6. Surely if they're into theories and stuff.
    7. If people are willing to do so, sure.

Marco Polo and G12 like this.
  7. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#7 menma, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

1. 4, think there is a little too much focus on creativity zone compared to One piece section
    2. 2, i am satisfied with those of you that are active, but those who arrent here and haven't showed up for month now should get replaced
    3. i will give it a 3, i think it can become a lot better if we just make a few adjustments. for example. Just look how activ the creativity zone is, we can take that example and hold a One piece turnement once a month to make the reason why we are even here in the first place even more active.
    4. IT, Japanese Culture should be removed. Change the manga serials in the Specific manga/anime section to series that is more active in the threads then those there already is now (example Naruto and Bleach already ended, no reasons for keep that there in my opinion!)
    5. for me personally it wasn't hard, but i am also older than most people in here. Must say that i think it is harder for younger people. Most of the people have a strong sarcastic tone also to people who just joined. That i think needs to be improved, how you talk to one another is your choice, but atleast give the new members a chance to settle in before you start off with being sarcastic in their threads/theory's
    6. honestly don't care, just don't start to over use awards that can be shown like Marineford.
    1. yes facebook only
    2. only read what they post there never post there myself.
    3. i use the forum, no need to use facebook
    4. nah
    5. It's important to raise the awareness but the SM shouldn't be a place were people discussed the different things though.
    6. found it on google
    7. google
    8. nope. this is a one piece forum not an tv station.
    1. Yes
    2. whenever there is a new video out
    3. i do
    4. theory's and the discussions we have on the forum
    5. i always enjoy the chapter reviews, i think it would be nice to take up good well made theory's and discuss them on the youtube channel.
    6. i would recommend it right away, to see if he will enjoy it.
    7. That could indeed bring more activity to other mangas/animes. Though i think this is only something that should be done if there is man power and time to do so.

Mikanami and Marco Polo like this.
  8. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

section 1

1.) 5/5 I 'd say OPForum is close to perfect. @Owl did great job in making it what it became today...
    2.) 5/5 However some guy called @Marco Polo is asking some strange questions... Be on a look out for that lad ! ;) To make staff perfect i'd be good to have someone who'd be monitoring threads and filter duplicates or something similar
    3.) 3/5 sadly... Some threads are well active when others are almost dead. And i'm not talking off topic ones but like ''anime'' in general...
    4.) 4/5 ... Think i had long conversation with @Owl on this topic a while back.. 'd have to to recheck that and come back to you with answer,...
    5.) 5/5 ... Joined same time as @Cobain my partner in crime ... xD ... and we rocked OPF from the start and we still wish to keep rocking it for another decade.
    6.) 5/5 Forum is A-OK... any improvement 'd just be enthusiastic addition.

section 2

1.) FB / YouTube.
    2.) I often leave feedbacks... maybe not as much i 'd
    3.) know people mostly on forum and am unsure with whom i'am conversing on social media....
    4.) Maybe bring up other stuff releted to anime/manga ... not just OP. I mean i saw other shizzle too but if you want to generate even bigger audiance u'd have to expand the horizon...
    5.) Yes
    6.) No
    7.) /
    8.) IDK... maybe... erm... reddit?

Section 3

1.) Yes
    2.) Weekly (Can't get enough of my fav. youtuber @Mapache ;) ;) ; ) )
    3.) /
    4.) OP manga discussions but Theories are growing up to me as well recently !
    5.) I'd be nice if we had some OPForum original AWM's ... :)
    6.) I'm trying constantly ...
    7.) It SHOULD !

Owl and Marco Polo like this.