OPForum Championship: Saddest Moment

Discussion in 'One Piece Events' started by Edinbour, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

When it comes to a longrunning, never-ending manga like One Piece there's bound to be a ton of these. And even at 24, if you do a voting for a week for each pair, it'll take you 12 weeks. That's like 3 months. Are you sure you want to find more?

2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there are many more than the ones I have, really. Plus that would be 12 weeks just for the first round so I was thinking of posting 2 or 3 Threads per week, at least for the first round so it would only be 4 weeks to complete round 1. That way, this event won't take like 6 months to complete :P

I was going to use the random Bracket Generator in a little bit, look up some clips of the sad moments and start it in a few hours or so.

Grin likes this.
  3. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you really need a thread for each thing? That will end up having a lot of dead threads once it's over.

4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's true.
    I'll try and make it to where there's only one Thread with the first round three events. I'll also put the clips/pics/details in spoilers. That way it doesn't make anyone lag.
    I have the Randomized Bracket set so now I just need to get some good clips and pics. :)

5. MARIKIT

Expand Collapse

Please dont forget dadan san and garp's encounter after ace's death. :heartbreaking: :(

6. Tony

Unknown Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Can you post the list of moments you chose so we can suggest moments to get added (or maybe replaced)? @Edinbour

Kyros likes this.
  7. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Also there is a previous competition held to decide the saddest moment. You can check it if you think you have missed some.

8. G12

G12
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

when will I be able to vote ACE MUST WIN!!

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  9. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm really skeptical about an event like this, especially because, as Grin mentioned, there are so many of these that there tend to be a couple that get missed out. For example, there's a scene with Vivi in particular which I consider the saddest which I found later happens to be also one of the saddest scenes for Oda that he was so emotional while writing it (so happy at this, great minds think alike amirite), but probably won't get remembered during events like these.

I'm not suggesting you withdraw the contest completely, how about tweak it slightly so that members can post a particular scene they think is the saddest and have people either agree with that, or choose one of their own?

Mugiwara Nakama and Edinbour like this.
  10. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I actually have the scene where Vivi is begging for the War to stop in the list. That scene really got to me.. :(

I also have the most obvious ones (Ace's Death, Going Merry Funeral, etc.) but have some other ones that people may have forgotten (Chouchou defending the Pet Store, Baby 5's Past, etc.)

This is a bit trickier to set up than I initially thought. There are countless sad moments which many would get missed out and I think it's obvious that Ace's Death would win. Not to mention I'm having trouble finding some clips so it'd be hard to choose certain events if you only have 1 clip to go on.. :P

I'm open to any and all suggestions on if and how we can go about setting this up. I do apologize for slacking lately. As you all know it's been a rough week for me so my mind hasn't been all there.. :(

Mugiwara Nakama and Red like this.
  11. Red

Red
    Prince of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes. That was the one I was talking about!!

Haha man, didn't exactly suggest you were slacking off or anything, just found some potential causes for outrage among OPF members. It's hard to incorporate them all and I was trying to figure out a way to avoid that, especially since we have a crapton of sad stuff, for example: Goodbye Vivi, Laboon's backstory, Nami's backstory. I'd suggest getting members to post a particular backstory/moment or have them vote among a list of already suggested stories.

If you think it's good as it is, then it's alright.

Mugiwara Nakama and Edinbour like this.
  12. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you're slacking mate. I've been quite sick for the last month so I can empathize and appreciate the effort you're putting into the community. Contest wise, it would be better, imo, if you reverted the event back to only including sad backstories. As its previously been said, OPF has already had a saddest moment contest and we'd probably get similar results the second time around so there's not much excitement there vs if we did a new contest. If the main reason for opening it up to include all sad moments was a lack of backstories, then I think its best to revert back to the original concept (quality > quantity). If you were having a hard time finding sad backstories hit me up and i'll help you search.

13. BarryBanksonCODE

Expand Collapse

Back-stories could be in their own competition since there's so many of them. You could maybe consider omitting them to make way for singular moments.

Mugiwara Nakama and Date Damon like this.
  14. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Is this still up?
    Agreed. I don't think you should restrict it to back stories only. That's too broad and also too restrictive at the same time. Do I need to vote for something like "Robin's past" or can I vote for a specific moment like Saul saying goodbye to Robin, which is included in Robin's past?

15. pskecount

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've always noticed that most of the anime especially the long running ones have a lot of back stories and they are so so touching. Really I had though something long ago to make something taking back-stories. One Piece actually has many and I think it's a fair event ;) I'd say all of 'em are equally Good but the one I remember well is the back-story of Senor Pink.

16. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

Hey what happened to this thing?

17. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nothing

18. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

Same thing that happened to Ace at Marineford

19. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing people just forgot about it. @Edinbour are you still down to host this, or should another member take over host duties?

20. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'd still like to Host this, but am still recovering from 2016 issues. I'll gladly help out in anyway I can to anybody who wants to take over..

This could be the greatest Championship considering how many sad moments there are and differences in opinions.

For now I'll sit back and see what you guys think. In all honesty, I cannot be "Fair and Impartial" for now with the Meds I take. #I'llStillBeKingOfAmericaIn2024

Skivar likes this.