Suggestions Template & Section Intro

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Skivar, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#1 Skivar, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    What Is The Suggestions & Feedback Section?
    This section is a place to share your ideas and feedback on how we can make the One Piece Forum a better experience for our members along with offering your support. Ideas can range from contests, to RPGs, even to new forum sections. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Now that i’ve gotten what the Suggestions and Feedback section is out of the way, i’m going to include a sample template for making suggestions.
    Note: Your suggestion format may vary, and that the template is only for reference purposes.

Have A Cool Title
    You want to give your thread a title that grabs peoples’ attentions. A good idea can be missed if you don’t give a good first impression.

Provide Background Information
    Explain why this idea is needed. Tell the community what circumstances led you to making this particular suggestion and what problems it could potentially solve.

Explain What The Idea Is
    Usually, one or two words of description are not adequate to give everyone a good understanding of what you are suggesting. Put in the effort to communicate what the idea is and what function(s) it would serve in helping the forum.

Provide Examples
    If you’ve seen a similar idea to what you are suggesting on another site, link it so we can take a look at how it operates. Seeing something in action is a good way to gauge if an idea is good or not for the OPF.

How The Idea Helps
    Explain here, or reiterate if you’ve already done so, how your suggestion would help the OPF and what problems it would solve.

Be Nice
    At the end of the day, a lot of suggestions (good and bad) for one reason or another aren’t implemented. Take whatever happens with a grain of salt and not be condescending towards other forum members.

2. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

It can happen, confirmed.

Maybe you could take a current suggestion to use as an example, going through where each point is?

Skivar likes this.
  3. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

4. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Should I close this thread so it is just for consulting (like the one in the konichiwa section), or do you want feedback ?

Skivar likes this.
  5. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think it'll be alright to leave this one open for people to voice disagreements if they don't like the way I phrased the template.

6. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

:blush: oki. I think it looks great! thank you!

7. pskecount

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Grin asked me to share this Idea here so all members could share their opinion on this... It's actually something I recently got to know. It's called 'Secret Santa' and I won't go in detail about that but I'll share an Idea inspired from this thing.

So today is 9th December and we have about 15 days for Christmas. So here's the thing... members 'll first signup for this and then after couple of days i.e. till deadline they 'll submit anything like Painting, Drawing, Picture of something they created, or a Video or anything but it should be original i.e. Yours. Members should submit 'em via Private Message i.e. it shouldn't be public at all otherwise there's no point of this thing. Let's call these submissions as a Gift. These Gifts 'll then be randomly distributed among participants i.e. each participant 'll receive a random Gift for Christmas :) So That's it.

It's not necessary but if You find it interesting and want to do it we can arrange it here in opforum.

Skivar and Grin like this.
  8. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The idea is a good one, but you should make a separate thread for it. This thread is only for reference purposes for people who need help organizing their thoughts.

9. pskecount

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

O.K :)