Theory On Jinbe Episode 851 spoiler alert

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by khalid, Dec 30, 2016.

1. khalid

Expand Collapse

on the latest episode on manga (851) we see Jinbe saving Luffy to escape the cage. it is probably him deciding to join the straw hats. but in my opinion I don't see him to be one of the crew, my theory is that he is going to die helping luffy since their facing a yonko (Big Mom) and losing someone will be expected.
    any comments on this theory?

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

@Owl @Cosmos @Sprasle @Kyros could one of you move this to theory section pl0x

w/r/t your theory, I think it'd be very anti-climatic if he were to die, we've waited years for him to finally join up with Luffy and co, and for him to die within moments of finally being able to join would be very disappointing

Not really sure what's going to go down, but it may end up that Luffy and Big Mom don't fight this arc

3. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

First off, welcome to the forum!

Pretty sure the Fishman Island themed color spread was to remind everyone of Jinbei/Luffy's promise from a few years back. As far as I know from SBS up until 2010ish, Jinbei is the 10th and final crew member.

This arc seems to be very similar to the crew getting annihilated by Sentoumaru, the Pacifista, and Kuma. Even with Jinbei, freeing the other prisoners, freeing the rare beasts, etc. no one is even close to Big Mom's combat capabilities. Big Mom's crew have greater numbers and greater quality of powerhouse fighters. Big Mom's characteristic of being a rational human when bribed is what will resolve the arc. This is the upcoming twist/climax to the arc. Lola was probably supposed to be this (the original 5 year manga plan, I.E. the story was supposed to be completed 15 years ago), but the combination of it being way too obvious in conjunction with some details getting leaked by former editors is why Oda is changing things last minute (the name of Big Mom's ability, originally Birthing Birthing versus Soul Soul, is a clear example while the Frog-Carrot is an implied case).

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  4. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Done :)

5. j3ga034

Expand Collapse

As like you said i dont wanna see him death and also this arc is probably escaping arc SH crew are too weak probably germa 66 will be the sacrifices:coldsweat: for SH escaping and also I look forward to see Brook,Sanji,Luffy awakening their power especially Sanji and brook.

6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Everything leads to Jinbe joining the crew anytime Oda wants to.

Plus, come think of it, if Jinbe and/or other people close to Luffy would die, then Luffy's vow to himself would be broken and the training that they had would be pointless.

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  7. bandurista24

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

yup i think no one will die anymore. Luffy wont accept defeat anymore

8. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Why will Oda san turn down the hype?

This thing about Jinbei was built years ago. So like what others said, it will be pointless if you kill him. The most possible sacrifices and blood spilled prey are the Germa 66 cause they're the primary target of Big Mom.

Don't forget the gift box that was given to Big Mom. I guess that will be a turning point for the story.