Where's My Money?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Skivar, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Skivar

President of the USA (The Donald)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

273fc45b83f66d90bcc08a8be534165d6393c241cc9a3ee9205be1122b596326.jpg

As previously suggested by others such as @JollyR in his thread, I want to propose bringing back the Belli System. Decided to make another thread as there are multiple ‘sub-suggestions’ to be considered.

Why bring back the Belli System?
    The belli system would be a fun little feature to add, or rather bring back, to the forum. If done right, it would be a great way to generate activity on the forum and could be useful when hosting forum contest; for example, instead of constantly shelling out trophy points as rewards in contests, we could distribute belli.
    Along with being a fun little thing, the Beli system could be utilized in a number of forum activities and features such as:
    • Lotteries
    • A Forum Shop
    • Forum RPG Shop
    • Bounties
    These will be expanded on in greater detail below.

Lotteries
    We used to have these in the past:
    http://opforum.net/threads/biggest-lottery-ever-on-the-forum.8872/
    http://opforum.net/threads/biggest-lottery-ever-v2-0.10940/
    As indicated by the size of the threads, it was a popular event and one we should bring back with the belli system. The basic gist is that people would purchase tickets and the drawn ticket would win the belli pool.

Forum Shop
    A Forum Shop would be a place where people can buy digital products, special titles, etc.. using belli. It could also be a place where members, such as artists, exchange their services for belli.

RPG Shop (see RPG Thread for more info)
    Instead of players being able to make themselves overpowered, we can have a shop in the RPG world where they can purchase weapons and other equipment. Note this could also be accomplished without using belli via the use of 'RPG game currency.'

Bounties
    Make it so each user has a bounty based on their activity in the forum. The total bounty could be calculated based on post count, likes, and trophy points. There could be titles that could with a person’s total bounty such as Outlaw, Pirate, Privateer, Marauder, Shichibukai, Yonko, Pirate King, Revolutionary, etc.. Note that a bounty would be a seperate quantity from the belli in a user’s ‘wallet.’

55140009.jpg
    So lets bring back the belli system!

Thoughts/Feedback?

2. Christina Choi

Baby Otaku
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about this Belli system but it definitely sounds fun. But was there a reason this system was taken away?

3. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

I would guess because it ended up being useless

I like this idea, I think if we brought it back forum activity might go up
    Only thing is, we really have to make an effort with it to make sure it stays relevant, not much worse than a useless bounty system, it looks spammy

4. Twelve

Still an Idiot
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I personally enjoyed the biggest lotteries that took place before when the forum had the Belli System. I agree that this could generate more activity and could be a means of rewarding the people of their activity in the forum.

It could also be a way to make new members stay too. I remember back then when I was only 2 months into OPF and I got a reward from Ripper's Valentine's day contest. It made me happy even if it was just 50 beli or something.

We have enough active people to prevent the system from becoming useless so I guess it's not bad to bring it back up (if that's the reason why it was taken down).

5. Mugiwara Nakama

Expand Collapse

I for one would very much enjoy having a bounty and it would be fun to try to get to the next rank (without spamming of course). The lotteries sound fun and I like the idea of using beli to customize your profile. And whatever this RPG is, I wanna learn how to play.

6. Tony

Unknown Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't mind the Beli coming back but i also understand that it got taken away since it was pretty much useless before.
    A Beli system that has a Beli shop where you can buy stuff for personal customizations would be pretty awesome and has my full support!

Mugiwara Nakama likes this.
  7. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

i was here in the non-beli era, so i don't miss it since we've got the thropy system (which is kinda loggy/big). But it would be cool tho.

8. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

I'd say go for it, it wont change my life in any way. If we incorporate it into the contests I might be able to print money hand out berries as a prize so I don't need to bother @Owl about it every single time.

9. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Let's get rock paper scissors add on for the forum then we could play that with the money! We had that in forumpiece and it was pretty cool :3

10. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

11. Icecrusher

Calm Wind
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hmm I once used the Belli system as a reward for the Caption Contest. I think it was removed after OPF upgraded to v3.

I support the idea of bringing it back though. I agree that it can be useful in many ways as mentioned above.

12. Sprasle

限界を越える
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see the reintroduction of the belly system, even without a specific purpose. There was no meaning behind that huge team lottery we made last year, and we still had a lot of fun just because it was a random but spontaneous thing we came up with.

Monster Trio and Mugiwara Nakama like this.
  13. Marco Polo

ドナルド・トランプ
    Expand Collapse

Little Red Riding Grin confirmed?

14. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

15. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

It is a nice idea but It'll still need a bit more of planning. Although it might appear simple, and owl and I have already talked about this, the problem i that is is not an automatic system.

So imagine in the RPG, each time a user buys/ sells something (which would be a lot if we take into account the number of users that would be doing that at the same time) we had to change manually the amount of money.

About the lotteries, if everyone wants them I'm okay with it. But what else would we do with the money still need a bit of consideration and thinking, if that's okay.

About the bounties. It is a fun idea indeed. But we already have the ranks (which we said that new ones would be added, still doing that ^^'').
    So we'd have: Haki+bounties+belly+trophypoints. It seems a bit much.
    I don't think we need more than one rank (haji and the ranks based on bounties). Although I do agree, and we are working on it, on more ranks for our current system.

Please discuss a bit further on what we could do with the money.

Skivar and Grin like this.
  16. G12

G12
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I support Sprasle in next lottery game

17. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I mean, the obvious solution here would be to get more staff members (which I still think is dearly needed, but we can debate that another time).
    The alternate solution would be to create a new forum rank titled something like 'banker' who would manage the flow of money; @Tony @Monster Trio and @Twelve are willing to do this task as would I.

- Forum Shop (Note this is a separate idea from the RPG shop; description is in the original post).
    - Rock Paper Scissors and possibly other games (poker, blackjack, etc..)
    - Prize in contests
    - Payment to fellow forum members through the shop (Ex: I could pay @sweetjacky X amount of belli for making me artwork)
    Also, I think we underestimate how popular the lottery was. For many of the members just having the lottery back is reason enough to re-implement the belli system.

82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd.jpeg

If I had to choose one feature to keep from this list, it would be the belli tbh. As of now, haki and trophy points are just for show and have nowhere near as many applications as belli would if we brought it back.

Monster Trio, G12 and Grin like this.
  18. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

Don't really have anything to add, this says it all.
    do not touch my pink name though

19. Twelve

Still an Idiot
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Aside from the things mentioned above, this system could be useful in giving the rewards for the challenges thingy that @5kyMarshall and the others did before.

Grin likes this.
  20. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This^^
    and bribing people to do stupid stuff! And making bets, or any kind of things. It's a simple system, that can be used in various of ways. And is better than trophy points imo.

Grin likes this.