Where's My Money?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Skivar, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

You underestimate the boringness of the task. It would be fun at first but with increasingly amount of transactions in everything you mentioned it'l be too complicated and very confusing. Even with more people.

I ask of you to keep it simple.
    This is a forum for ideas and one piece discussions. We very much welcome games, art, and people who don't read one piece ( yes @Grin I meant you xD), but your intent as members and our as moderation team should be improving the forum without straying that much from the original idea.

I understand that games would be fun, like poker. But really? Do we actually need poker in our forum? I love playing card games and I already played with @Cobain a portuguese game called sueca online (We lost many times tho xD, I was a bit at fault... I beg your pardon). But we can play without them.
    for transactions between members.. I'm sure @sweetjacky would gladly draw you something for free.

The lottery is fun and simple. Prizes in competitions would be okay as well (if you did a competition of rock paper scissors and in the end wanted to give money that'd be easier than foreach game changing a certain amount of money between members).
    Going deeper on that would be great and likely doable.

->like this kind of simple. (although again a competition would be best (like football game/ the euro cup thing you had rolling/ what will happen in the next chapter/saga: general bets. vs individual bet between few members).

-> this as well.
    Although for this we already have trophy points.

So keep them both? change it? Because they both mean different things. Trophy points relate to how much the member has been contributing and participating in the forum.
    So confusing it with money would be bad. So we need to differentiate both.

I'm gonna quote myself:
    Because they both mean different things. Trophy points relate to how much the member has been contributing and participating in the forum.
    So confusing it with money would be bad.

It is important to have something for show. An active member in the community should be happy by receiving it's trophy points and so on. And just earlier in your post you were also suggesting bounties, which was mostly just for show as well.

I think bounties would basically mean the same as trophy points, and you were suggesting ranking members accordingly to bounties, and so, having that many ranks would be too much. (that's what I meant)
    But trophy points + money mean two different things, so together they shouldn't be much.

I know it's fun to have this many ideas, and it's good too, and transforming a lot of things that would be fun. Having a money button, making transactions as if the forum was an online game.
    It's fun, but understand the limits of our capabilities, and the purpose of this online community.

Please, with this in mind, continue discussing it.

I don't want to be a bother, nor to demotivate anyone. I hope you understand that. :pensive:

Skivar, Monster Trio and Tony like this.
  2. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

So to sum it up, it's not an issue to bring back the belli system as it was before (for bets and as contest rewards)? I understand the merit you suggest the trophy points have, but I'd much prefer them to have more, hmm, "ZZAAAAM!" than just being a number. I'd rather see those trophies themselves than a numerical value that is kind of vague.

Say a contest win from me is worth around a 100 points. That's 100 more to the pile of numbers. I think it'd be cooler if people could see what that person won. I'm not saying they have to show up under every post, just that they'd show somewhere. I can't even figure out how to navigate to my own trophies right now because http://opforum.net/account/trophies doesn't actually display anything despite asking me what I want to display or not.

Monster Trio likes this.
  3. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

The trophies is not a "no". They are still being assed/ designed. And we still need to understand how to add them in this forum version. So they were kind of always meant to come back.. ._.

Grin likes this.
  4. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

...well nevermind me then, lol.

5. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I mean: the little images that appeared underneath the profile picture were/are meant to return.

6. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There's no reason to go much further than it previously was, we get asked to give reasons as to why we want it back, and then just gets said that it's not needed. Just the lottery alone, or the transactions is enough for most members, and more benefits can be get from this system. Such as previously mentioned, for the RPG.

Again, this was just an example of what could have been done. Yes, she could, but if there's benefits to berries, why not ask for them? It's early to say such things before the system even got implemented. At least I think so.

Even if Trophy Points are a way of showing one's contribution, nothing can be done with it, except for.. praise? I dunno what to even expect xD
    And they can also only be got through achievements/not with other members, which is another benefit with berries

Grin likes this.
  7. sweetjacky

#Jawaholic #TeamFracky
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I guess I would draw for free but if there was forum money people could give the artists something and choose themselves how much to give to show that the drawings are worth something for them...more like a nice gestic than business.

I mean, so many people would love to have the beli system back so why not fulfill their wish?

Grin likes this.
  8. Skivar

President of the USA
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We don't have to implement all those things at once, however. Start small and grow ya know. Either way, we won't know until we try so..
    Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg

I can agree with this, though I do want to clarify that I was using poker as an example. As @Monster Trio has mentioned, there's not much reason to take the belli system beyond what it previously was, but I wanted to offer something since people were asking for more ideas.

Jacky and many other artists would, but I don't personally feel right taking things for free and inter-member transactions wouldn't be super hard to implement as the members themselves can take care of it as we did before the system was removed.

I don't think anyone would get the trophy points confused with the belli. As you are saying, one is for show while the other serves a more practical purpose.

I agree; the bounty suggestion was mostly pitched to give members extra incentive to be active and because I felt it was appropriate to suggest it along with the belli system. It shouldn't be seen as a top priority as we already have thee trophy points to reward activity. I do think we should have both as it wouldn't hurt, but again, I don't think this is super top priority rn. Lets shift the focus of the discussion towards the general implementation of the belli system.

Honestly Cosmos, I'm appreciating the fact you're putting so much effort into your replies. We aren't agreeing on everything (we're still friends though, right? :P ) but its making for a good discussion so don't even worry, you're fine :)

9. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I havent read through these ass long messages. But if the majority want a belli system bac, and are willing to help out with it. Isn't better to try get it back insted of shutting it down?
    Just curious

10. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I never said no to the belli system/ money system. I'm asking you to discuss further their appliances.

why? Because, as I mentioned, individual transactions is hard. There'd be too much of them to keep track since we'd have to do them manually.
    Competitions wise please discuss.

Again RPG is not a good idea. Artists: good when they win a competition, not for personal request.

11. Grin

the hero you deserve
    Expand Collapse

Isn't it the other way around? Trophy points for official contests to show activity, beli more as a handshake between members kind of thing, that they can then use for betting and lotteries.

12. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

One of those things that nobody really used or cared about and everyone wants it back. Kind of like the NSFW section, weeks after weeks of asking to bring it back, but it's just as it was before: dead. Who would have guessed... I didn't say it countless times, no.

That's why it's good to discuss things and see if they are really worth our time. It's not just "everyone wants it so let's waste our time". No, it's much more than that. Hope you guys understand.

Let's see.

Trophies will stay. They are a nice little thing that many members enjoy, like achievements in the old days. Believe it or not, even if they are not used to anything, they bring a nice feeling of accomplishment. No discussion here.

About the money system. I'll ask one thing right now: Members of the Staff Team (@Grin @Cosmos @Kyros @Sprasle) please DO NOT reply to this thread anymore. Let's listen the discussion between the members, or read what was already said, and let's discuss internally between us what we can and cannot do and come back later with a good decision. There are things that only I can say that we can do, or Cosmos, Grin, etc. and then there are too many confusing points being thrown in this thread by different team members which may confuse (obviously) our members.

@Skivar: If you want, sum up the important points from this suggestion discussed in this thread in your next post.

Just want to add that @Cosmos posts were ideas that she and I exchanged along the way. In no way we are against your ideas, we just want to make sure they are good in the long term.

13. Skivar

President of the USA
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

For this we have:
    - Inter-member transactions (I don't feel like this suggestion should be disregarded even if you don't personally like it) / Forum Shop (NOTE: this is NOT the same thing as the RPG shop suggestion).
    - Lottery
    - Contest prizes
    - Rock Paper scissors, and other forum games
    Along with those prior suggestions, we could also do raffles where people use their belli to buy tickets and the host hands out prizes (this could be artwork, writing, etc..) to the winners.
    That's already five applications of the system, and most of these would be easy to do just by re-introducing the old system without any changes to it.

I think there's some confusion here. If I remember right, members could send each other belli on their own before in simple one on one transactions.

The RPG shop hasn't been brought up for a few posts now. I think you might be getting this mixed up with something else.

This is something that should be decided between artists and the member they are designing for. I don't think its right for outside parties to say what's an appropriate inter-member interaction and what isn't.

I think this part should be left to be decided by the contest host and the members.

EDIT: Just saw @Owl post. I'll summarize everything asap. Thank you for weighing in.

Marco Polo likes this.
  14. Skivar

President of the USA
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

To Summarize...

Potential Applications of the Belli System
    - Inter-member transactions
    - Forum shop; A place (thread) where people can buy digital products, special titles, etc.. using belli.
    - RPG shop; A shop in the RPG world where they can purchase weapons and other equipment. Note this could also be accomplished without using belli via the use of 'RPG game currency.'
    - Raffles; Members can use belli to buy tickets. From there the host will draw names and hand out prizes to the winner.
    - Lottery
    - Forum Games (EX: Rock Paper Scissors, Poker)
    - Contest rewards

Additional Suggestions
    - Banker forum position; people with this position would help the staff manage belli transfers. We have several volunteers ( @Tony , @Monster Trio @Chaudfontaine , @Twelve , @Skivar ) who'd be willing to do this.
    - Bounties

Note: I left descriptions out of some applications as I felt they were self-explanatory. Please let me know if something needs clarifying or if there is anything else I can do to make this post more helpful to the staff/general membership.

15. Chaudfontaine

The Epicurean
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

with everything read, I understand Cossy's point that it's a one piece forum, with his main focus on the one piece threads and that games/general lounge are secondary. But those secondary games are in my opinion important to keep the members here between chapters, breaks etc. I started here because you guys had a handy fillerlist for the anime, and now I'm on here daily to discuss, shitpost or get my dosis NSFW.

I do not come from the age of beli-system (or it was away since I was active) and I like the haki-ranks, thropy points but I think for smaller games another system can be more practical. Winning a caption contest vs being here 1 year is a totaly different thing and it's now pointed out in the amount that you get but it's still different and could be differentated with a money-system.

A money system gives a lot more opportunities to post, the drawers from the 1 Month Challenge could get paid by completing that challenge. Maybe more people will be motivated to contribute in the sig-contest, the caption contest etc (now it's all the same people). And every other thing SkiSki already said, with money can be done cool stuff. And not every member that comes here will need it, because they want to just discuss and theorize on thursday but the daily members would love it.

in short words, the thropy points are cool but as I said now a bit laggy/big, a money system could help the daily members to pass their days on the internet and make the thropy system more efficient (i think).

I suck at putting my thoughts in words, pls be kind or ask questions if it wasn't clear

Monster Trio and Marco Polo like this.
  16. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#BringBackBeli

17. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I personally think the Beli system would be a good idea.
    And there is various things we could do so it wouldn't just be for show.

We could form a team for people who are interested in making avatars and signaturs and pay with our Beli
    We could use them as a winning thing for different contests kinda like how the trophy points are working at the moment.
    And all the other things people have mentioned.

I agree that this is a one piece forum that should keep the forum its base in the one piece section, though i think it is good idea to keep holding contests and tournements regularly to keep the activity goinge els people will only visit when there is a new chapter, which is also okay, but i assume you want the overall activity to grow?

and one last thing, the bounty is a thing in the one piece universe so having a bounty on your head on a one piece forum does makes sense to me atleast.

anyways wish you good luck with discussing this in the staff.

18. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Expand Collapse

I second the idea suggested ;-)

19. Icecrusher

Calm Wind
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This.

And also, based on my experience of hosting the Caption Contest, I personally believe that having more rewards (such as the old trophies, bounties, belli, etc) for the winners will catch more attention and will motivate the members to participate. Unfortunately, giving only "trophy points" is not enough for a contest. Just my two cents.

Monster Trio likes this.
  20. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

ah i miss my belli xD
    those big lotteries where pretty much the only good thing that came out of the belli xD

I really don't care about belli atm tho xD