Who is stronger?

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by TrafalgarxLuffy, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's still don't matter lol. I'm not saying that he'd be respected as a Pirate King of he were to take the route I mentioned. I also didn't say that he wouldn't get crushed after obtaining the info to Rafael and whatever is in that place. I simply said that to HOLD THE TITLE of Pirate King you simply need to reach Raftel. Sure he's going to fight all the Emperor's and deliver a final blow but that still doesn't make him stronger. Just like beating Doflamingo didn't mean he's stronger than him can we atleast agree on that? Sure the Yonkou that "loses" won't be attacking Mugiwaras again since that's how the plot usually goes, but unless Luffy gets a Power Up the size of an Ancient Weapon then he'd likely never be the strongest character in One Piece even after obtaining Pirate King TITLE.

2. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I clearly said that it depended where Shanks was compared to Whitebeard. Zoro has to reach his dream as well, and if Shanks was anywhere near the weakened Whitebeard THEN he'd have to be atleast better than Shanks that in turn would put him around Whitebeard. Again that is ASSUMING Shanks is anywhere near Whitebeard.

3. Marco Polo

Marc'emon
    Expand Collapse

Going to pull this thread even more off topic for a second and say that Zoro only needs to surpass Mihawk for his dream to become reality; he wants to be the World's Greatest Swordsman, a title which currently belongs to Mihawk. He doesn't need to surpass any of the Yonko, and I doubt he will. Mihawk is not stronger than any individual Yonko.

As for your point about Luffy, strength is necessary for him to reach his goal. The Yonko are four massive roadblocks on the way to his dream, which he has to be able to overcome. Now of course, he'll probably get help for Kaido/Big Mom, but he'll have to be the one to land the winning blow/do the majority in terms of damage for him to be considered as someone worthy of being Pirate King. Also remember Luffy's promise to Shanks that he'd surpass him one day; to me that implies he'll be able to take him 1v1, as well as his crew being superior.

Back on topic:

Currently Luffy and Law are pretty even, they have different skill sets so it's hard to compare. However Luffy will likely become clearly superior within the next couple of arcs.

4. Chicano180

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just to counter your 1st argument about Mihawk not being stronger than any individual Yonko....well that's debatable. Mihawk rides solo, no crew, no allies, no nothing. In order to be a Yonko you need numbers many of which need to be top brass.
    The only thing we know about Mihawk is him skirmishing w/ Shanks often, him never wanting to skirmish w/ Shanks again since he only had 1 hand, and him testing his strength vs Whitebeard w/ a slash that was almost across the whole island.
    Mihawk only wants to be the best swordsman, not interested in territory, allies, crew, One Piece, Raftel or anything else as of now.
    Shanks whom is not considered the best swordsman even tho he seems to be a swordsman has a powerful crew, allies, territories, etc which would allow him to have a Yonko position. It doesn't make him individually stronger than Mihawk, but collectively most definitely.

Now i'm not saying that Shanks is not stronger than Mihawk either because 1 thing is swordsmanship and another is winning a battle through anything else besides swordsmanship lol. However, as of now the best swordsman is Mihawk, I agree. That is Zoro's goal...to snatch that title....however as far as we're concerned as of now, Shanks also a swordsman that is powerful AF, that has a powerful AF crew, and powerful AF allies in order to be a Yonko.

Just to reiterate 1 more time. Shanks would not be anywhere near being a Yonko if he rode solo like Mihawk no matter his strength, just like no other Yonko would be a Yonko through his strength alone. Therefore to say that Mihawk is not as strong individually as a Yonko because he's not a Yonko does not make sense.

5. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Based on contextual details, we know that Zoro has had similar combat capabilities (physical strength, reaction speed, mobility, destructive power, etc.) for most of the series. The big X-factor is that we have not seen Zoro challenged since his training. He toyed with his biggest challenge (Pica). If you want to argue speed and strength of Gear Fourth, I would counter that Zoro moves at potentially greater speeds when executing his named sword techniques (he had greater mobility prior to Luffy developing Gear Second). If Zoro is capable of sparring with Mihawk fighting seriously, Zoro has the mobility/speed/strength/everything to match Gear Fourth or even Luffy's awakening. The story (Wano Kuni) implies Zoro is not at this level and is at the same level as Luffy (top tier, but not elite of the elite; The analogy I use is the Mugiwara powerhouses are all professional athletes, however they are not superstars...yet; Professional athletes would toy with pretty much everyone else, and this is exactly what they do with even New World opponents => Brook having a hard time keeping up with the pawns, versus Luffy being able to demolish the army while fighting the sons). All of the mass opponents, Zoro has showed an equal ease of disposing mass opponents to Luffy (Zoro exceeds Sanji in this aspect since the time skip, which is why "latent" genetic modifications seems like a natural course to "even" the gap to be roughly on the same level as Luffy and Zoro).

Ideo, Dellinger, Brook, etc. are all clearly on different tiers. All 19 years of context implies Luffy and Zoro are on the same tier. Zoro lets Luffy take the opposing captain, but has always been willing to fight the leader if necessary. This is why the stylistic advantage makes it an easy win for Zoro. Even if Luffy has a speed advantage, he can't attack freely because Zoro cuts off the limb Luffy uses. Luffy's haki would have to be leaps and bounds above Zoro's to not get cut. Haoshoku is implied to provide additional boosts/benefits for busoushoku but it can't be that dramatic since Cracker still cuts Luffy and Cracker doesn't have haoshoku.

I do agree with the Luffy/Pirate King part though...but for a somewhat slightly different reason. Luffy is capable of becoming Pirate King by Usopp's preferred method of stealing gyotaku prints. Just like when Usopp wanted to aks Rayleigh the truth of the Void Century, that "boring" journey is not what he wants (the anime had "unmanly" for the gyotaku part recently).

As for the main topic, it was completely addressed with a few select posts...so it's become a Zoro thread from the side-tangent.

Chicano180 likes this.
  6. TrafalgarxLuffy

Expand Collapse

Why is my thread so off topic damn

7. Seiryu

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Various people contributed to give you a full answer without spoiling future events for you. Happens pretty often here from what I see though...people are just passionate about this great series so I don't see it as a bad thing.