1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

907 Kaido and BM connection/dept, myserious capitain

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Chaudfontaine, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

What kind of connection do you guys think Kaido and BM have? what is the dept?

I think that following the JB and MS translation that they were sailing under the same flag. (1 crew)
    And the lifelong dept of Kaido can be some (or a lot of) lifespan with the power of BM.

The mysterious capitain is another question. @Tony was thinking due to the translation of MS and JB and Rocks/Locks might be a person. The capitain of K&BM that ruled the seas before Roger. K&BM lost their capitain (who probably was beaten by Garp) and split up after K got indebted to BM. Since they were in their prime (BM was 28 years old), they grew and got on equal footing with roger.

Either way, my fabulous English is coming to an end. What are you guys thinking?

Seiryu, SprkiSRB, GoldenVenus and 4 others like this.
  2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

@Sprasle (check him out, major theorist on discord)
    was thinking that Kaido was some ancient creature that was revived by BM with souls.

Storm chaser likes this.
  3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I too assume they had the same captain, who either lost to Roger, or Garp. Or maby Whitebeard, since Oda mentioned him too.

Scenarios that could have made Kaido in dept to Big Mom.
    - BM saved his life
    - BM gave him his DF
    - BM somehow made him ''immortal'' or gave him access to that ability

The idea of BM reviving Kaido by souls sounds quite interesting. How would that go? Why hasnt BM used that ability more, or dont we just know about it. Im kinda skeptical about reviving people, but that is not impossible.

Rocks/Locks could be the name indeed. I also tought it could be the name of that 'happening'. Like marine ford.

4. Merryland

Expand Collapse

Look if Kaido want kill BM if She interfering the fight, i think it's not related the lifespan matters. Maybe in the past BM saved Kaido from death or maybe they just a married couple.

5. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I had the assumption that BM and Kaido were in the same crew led by the mysterious captain, probably was defeated by Garp, and then Roger emerged and took his place. There's probably more to the story though.

Kaido's debt that BM is talking about should be something really big, since she said it's a life-long debt. So BM saving his life sounds plausible, but it just seems so...normal. The theory of Kaido being revived by BM is really interesting, though I don't exactly like the idea of bringing someone dead back to life.

6. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's a coincidence that their talk ( BM and K) is at the same chapter as that the “Rocks” is. I think they have a connection with it and we can expect that Oda had prepared these happenings even before this chapter. That's why One piece has a strong story.

I think there are 2 possibilities out there:

1. Big Mom and Kaido have no relationship with that “Rocks” pirates/person. So the only way that Kaido can owe Big Mom in that situation is that if Big Mom had saved him or some other possibilities. I myself think it's hard to think Kaido had been saved by Big Mom at those past years. The only way that I'd think of it, is that BM must had been fallen in love with Kaido (Somehow). And she saved Kaido after that. But there won't be any reason for Kaido to give a damn about it. He can even kill the one who've saved him. According to BM's devil fruit, it's possible that somehow Big Mom brought him to life once again and Kaido was a ancient creature at past or something like this. Or if it's that BM made Kaido immortal that he can't die anymore, but BM can make him mortal again so he can finally die. Though this is not quite reasonable and therefore not acceptable so much.
    2. But I don't think those possibilities are really possible, since we don't have much evidences to prove them and there is no much to imply them. Also Oda mentioned both BM and Kaido's relationship and those powerful pirates crew/pirate who was named “Rocks”. So I think it's clue for our issue. A legendary group of pirates had been living in 40 years ago and Garp just destroyed their captain and the crew just split around the world, BM and Kaido were two of them of course at those times and they who didn't have any captain anymore, became Yonko by themselves. But Streusen had mentioned that the day he found BM, was the day they made BM pirates. So it's disproving this theory that BM and Kaido were in the same crew at those times.
    Also @Kiba97 has mentioned a great point about Shakky:

https://opforum.net/threads/907-theory-shakky.83726/

That's why One Piece is built on strong bases. “40 years”.

Yamanoki likes this.
  7. Yamanoki

Expand Collapse

I don't think Big Mom gave Kaidou any finite amount of lifespan. Let's remember that Kaidou has tried to kill himself MULTIPLE times, and it's strongly implied that whatever Big Mom did to him was a one-time thing 40 years ago.

Also, remember that as @Behnam points out, Big Mom and Kaidou can't have been crewmates because BM's crew was started from her childhood. I'm trying to find the raw for 907 (if anyone has, please send <3) so that I can figure out more about what 'Rocks' might refer to (I'm a native Japanese speaker), but as far as I can tell it's either the name or epithet of a person.

I think that the Rocks crew and BM's crew may have had an alliance at some point, and Kaidou was a member of the Rocks crew. Owing to their alliance's might, Garp was called to handle the situation, defeating their captain in some fashion and mortally wounding Kaidou. It is at this point that I believe Big Mom used her DF powers to extract Kaidou's soul in a way that does not kill him, at his request, and stored it somewhere safe (presumably in a way that Kaidou was responsible for keeping his own soul safe, so BM does not still have control over it). Kaidou's immortality would then stem from the fact that his body is invincible so long as his soul, wherever it may be, is safe. This is similar to how Brook is able to recover from decapitations and presumably other fatal wounds because his soul is still intact.

Recall that BM is a crafty pirate. She would not turn someone into an immortal, invincible powerhouse if she didn't have some sort of contingency plan. Kaidou's only weakness would be anything that can affect his soul - and of course, that means Big Mom forever holds a trump card against him even AFTER she cashes in on the debt he owes, which is a very favourable position for her. (I'm also interested in seeing if that means Zoro's Asura will make a reappearance in the Wano arc, as it seems like the kind of thing that might be able to damage a soul. Or perhaps Brook will once again be MVP.)

8. blackfoot delaney

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Personally i dont think big mom did kaido a huge favour like provide him with immortality or bring him back to life, i feel like if she did something this huge he would be much more willing to repay the debt!
    I think she may have saved him from the marines! Despite this being a pretty significant thing kaido wants to die so maybe he was reluctant to be saved and as a result is reluctant to repay the debt

9. SprkiSRB

The Fairy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If that is the case, i think he wouldn't even consider reviving or immortality as debt, couse he is suicidal. There is probabaly something unusuall that Kaido holds dear, we'll see. I agree on those two being in same crew, under same flag whatever and that rocks/locks are refered to that crew as rocks/locks pirates. We don't sure if their captain is dead yet, so maybe he is that famous "lurking legend" at Wano.

10. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it could also be that Kaido was captured by the Marine and was locked up and got help from BM to get away. But even this doesn't sound so convincing to me. What could a life long debt be? Kaido doesn't seem to pay much attention to it, saying that it was a long time ago, but BM makes it clear it was something huge. My brain is fried.

11. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I like this one. It is like the horcruxes of Voldemort haha. But still why would kaidou always do suicide? Was it just a hobby to prove himself as unkillable or he really wants to die? If he wants to die, he could just ask big mom to kill him right?

12. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Dude kaidou was caught by the marines a hundred times i dont think big mom saved him

13. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

I think the favor has something to do with the pet cemetery that is located within Big Mom herself. When I saw zombie dogs, a lightbulb went off in my head. How are they alive? I thought that she cant reanimate the dead? There is some aspect of her power that we don't understand. Im thinking that she has an inborn power similar to that of Gluttony from Full Metal alchemist or something.

14. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

I don't think Big Mom and Kaido have been under in the same crew.

Talking about the "lifelong debt", it might definitely be a life-saving matter between those two. Knowing Kaido, as reckless as ever, might be challenging this so called mysterious captain "Rocks" together with Big Mom. (In their younger years)

Just like "Luffy and Law Alliance" to take down Kaido and "Luffy and Bege Alliance" to take down Big Mom.

They both probably had the same goal to take out "Rocks" pirates.

Later it happened, Monkey D. Garp took and defeated the captain himself.

15. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

To give some translation perspective, Oda purposefully has Garp's statement written to be completely ambiguous. It could be someone, something...literally anything. Maybe Oda going to start introducing magical items, just like the giant mugiwara boushi? I'm still going to have faith and bet against that though. I'm also willing to bet "Rocks/Locks" is a part of the original 5 year plan, so it is going to be a twist no one gets right.

Chaudfontaine likes this.