1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

A death of another brother. (Sabo)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Z H A M. C i O, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Z H A M. C i O

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

As we can see in the picture it's the Cerberus a creature that represents Blackbeard's devil fruit power. Cerberus has 3 colors Black, White and Red; as Black represents the Yami Yami No Mi; White represents the Gura Gura No Mi; and lastly his third will be the Mera Mera No Mi the DF that Sabo had. As Cerberus is from Underworld creature and Underworld consist of Darkness "Yami Yami No Mi", river of Fire "Mera Mera No Mi" and Hades wants destruction "Gura Gura No Mi". Hades Represents Blackbeard itself that has a pet Cerberus and it's all connect to the fact that it's possible that the thrid DF of Blackbeard will be the Mera Mera No Mi. And that point Sabo will be dead.

BooSheyt, Seiryu and Edinbour like this.
  2. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

As I like the idea and the comparison with blackbeard and hades, but I don't think the coloring of 1 vase (which is a pretty old vase, the colors could be different now than then) could be sufficient inspiration for the death of Sabo. That is also if the cereberus theory is correct.

3. Z H A M. C i O

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Yes, if that theory is correct and i don't believe the idea that if it's correct that the third DF of Blackbeard is the DF of Marco.

4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Not a bad theory, but honestly I don't see Sabo dying. However, if it were to happen and Blackbeard acquired the Mera Mera no Mi, it would just be even more fuel for Luffy to take him out! I know Luffy doesn't kill people, but I think he;s gonna have to with Blackbeard. Maybe with their battle on Raftel, send him flying into the ocean or something. :P

mysticalflute likes this.
  5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Cerberus are usually associated with fire/hell right? So I can agree with the theory from that sense.

It would be too much of a slap in the face for Luffy to not be able to protect Sabo though (Luffy is going to be Yonkou-level at the end of this arc). Plus, Sabo's training too. He was already close if not already at an admiral/Yonkou level, so he can handle himself and it isn't like Sabo is stupid enough to charge into Blackbeard's HQ alone.

6. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

A classic theory-based-on-theory scenario. Still not buying the Cerberus theory, so I can't accept the premise of this one.
    HOWEVER, on the idea of Sabo dying:
    It's sadly a tad transparent that Sabo is functionally another Ace, especially with respect to Luffy (stronger older brother in a bigger organisation than Luffy and higher up just about every hierarchy one could construct in the OP world). I see this as a bit of a control-Z move from Oda - he still wants that older brother figure (for whatever reason), but also wanted the development from Ace. It's like double-dipping in our emotional investment.
    When I think of Ace, I don't think he was utilised enough in the story. The only time we see him interact with Luffy is essentially the time that he's introduced. He's set up by meeting all our protagonists, but it's never paid off. Ace could have met Luffy in Alabasta and we would've had the same sequence of events take place from when he met BB all the way through to Marineford (from an in-universe perspective). We could have just as easily become endeared to Ace via flashbacks to set up the emotional investment in those scenes. In hindsight, it's a tad confusing to me, because even though it was all incredibly fluid in-universe with the characters behaving in realistic ways (Ace would want to see his little brother if he knew he was in the area), it wasn't all entirely necessary.
    What I'm sort of getting at here is that I think Oda had something specific in mind for Ace that would pay-off the fact that he'd met the other Straw Hats and seen Luffy as a semi-successful pirate. It's just for whatever reason, he chose to start off the sequence of events vs Blackbeard instead. This means that he could all the emotional pay-offs with Marineford and the consequent development on Luffy's part, but he was still missing something. Enter Sabo. Sabo pretty much had the same introduction as Ace. He helped out in the arc, met with Luffy in the midst of turmoil, and met with the rest of the crew, who all liked him. Almost one-for-one the same set-up that Ace had.

Now, I genuinely believe that Oda has something great in mind for Sabo. The question is, what will Oda do with him afterwards - how will Sabo die (if he does)? With the whole amnesia thing in recent times, I'm starting to lose my complete trust in Oda to tell a fantastic story, and getting the impression he might be running low on ideas. I'm cynically a bit nervous that, given how well-received Ace's ending was, he will double-dip there as well, and recreate a scenario where someone (probs WG) captures him, sentences him to death, and Luffy is in a position where he might be able to save him if he can overcome the horde of enemies, and fails. Personally, what I would love is a moment where Luffy calls in the Grand Fleet to achieve this same end and actually does manage to save Sabo if this was to happen, but I think I'd honestly rather not recreate the final war with the same stakes.

So in short my impression of Sabo is: Oda has something specific and great in mind for him, and then after that's achieved his ending could go either way, but I'm scared he'll run out of ideas and recreate Marineford again.

Seiryu likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

100% true with the massive expansion that started during the Thriller Bark arc. Per the the 5 year plan (which is still in effect during the Alabasta arc), it was probably the perfect amount.

This whole tangent on Ace's role on the plot definitely is an interesting one since you highlight the two main factors. For me personally, Alabasta arc did serve the "developmental" role for the crew. The flashbacks served the developmental role for Luffy, which is why there is a mutual understanding of "I have to get stronger" by both Luffy/Ace (and they don't really talk much when they finally do meet). The sweet spot of the emotional/developmental role meeting is Ace's death. Ace adventured long enough to know he could not be Pirate King. Adding more developmental roles potentially takes away from the level of impact Ace's death has on Luffy (it forces Luffy to accept the reality of his dream despite knowing it consciously, he is still highly naive...which is true now since he thinks he's on a Yonkou/admiral level when he isn't).
    We'll see relatively soon (i.e. how the Wano Kuni arc progresses) on how much Oda is going to change from his 5 year plan. If the original plan is kept, Sabo plays a completely different role (no rehash of Marineford). The best part is that it takes the whole 3 brothers situation full circle with a nice closure for everyone.

8. BooSheyt

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

If Blackbeard ate the DF (Cerberus), an Ancient or a Mythical Zoan Type prior to his Yami Yami DF and Whitebeard's Gura Gura DF. Then, he should just be transformed into a Cerberus himself, rather than acquiring 3 DF powers just because Ceberus is a 3-headed dog.