1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

A special sub-section for AMA-threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Mapache, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Mapache

means raccoon
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

12th of March 2015, @Cobain creates a thread called Ask me whatever you want. I dare you. and for a long time this would be the only one of its kind. At this time nobody could have guessed what big of a trend this act would bring forth in the future.

22nd of November 2015, Cobain created a newer and better version of his previous AMAWYW.IDY.-thread which had become too confusing due to the great response of the other members.

29th of September 2016, more than one year after Cobain's first thread @Phantom sets out to create an even better, more awesome and sexier thread modelled after Cobain's design. And so it began...

During the last months a lot of AMA-threads (Ask Me Anything) have been created in the General Lounge. What started out as a joke (I guess) has developped into a serious genre comparable with introduction or birthday threads. From the glossary that @Skivar has written down we can learn that at the moment there are already 21 members who have made an AMA. Seeing all these threads scattered across the General Lounge made me think that it might be better to bundle them up into one section. This way it's easier to browse them, they won't get lost easily and they won't flood the General Lounge anymore. So I propose to make a new sub-section for them either in the General Lounge or with the Konnichiwa-threads.

I've already told @Cosmos about this in the skype group but I still wanted to make a thread about it.

2. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Thankyou for your suggestion!

It has already been raised as a point of consideration for the forum team, nothing much has been said/done yet but it's something being considered since more people have an AMA than don't

Will get back to you soon,

Marco

xox

Christina Choi likes this.
  3. Skivar

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Wanted to pitch my support for this idea. I strongly believe this sub section should be placed in the Konnichawa area as it will give new members a single place where they can introduce themselves and get to know the current membership.

4. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

honestly don't see the point of making a sub section for people asking eachother questions, if people wanna know more about each person they can always private chat with them.

4thBlade likes this.
  5. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

The idea is being discussed in the team, but there is something that we already agreed: if the section is indeed created, it will be in the General Lounge.

Marco Polo and Skivar like this.
  6. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Indeed. And that would mean that there's no point in the AMA-threads in the first place. Still, they are there, and they are beginning to get the General Lounge crowded. Especially now that the newer members even think that it's a normal thing to have on OPF.

Thanks boi.

7. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I guess it would be easier to see who's made a AMA and be a bit more organized. I support it!

8. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

i don't see why a newcomer needs to be pm'd and asked trivia/personal questions. that's kinda creepy.
    having an AMA is more of a forum-related activity which helps recognize who are active/friendly/caring/or just bored people.

9. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Just want to give this thread a bump. Maybe the suggestion will be reconsidered.

10. pskecount

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Though there's Ask Me Anything Glossary... a sub section would really be a nice idea :) considering there are so many threads and all.

11. Drewan

Bezzy Bomb
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I support the idea for creating a special sub-section for that. :D

12. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Ok I just read this suggestion and I think it's a great idea! There are so many AMA threads that they could easily get a subsection. Ealier when I was browsing around general lounge I noticed there are indeed a lot of AMA threads mixed in and that makes it harder to browse the other stuff.

It's such a shame nothing was done about this suggestion even though it's already some months old :/

13. Marco Polo

circus act
    Expand Collapse

There's a discussion thread somewhere in the mod section about it that I think @Cosmos started
    I'll give it a bump now

4thBlade and sweetjacky like this.
  14. Marco Polo

circus act
    Expand Collapse

To @Mapache and everybody else who liked this suggestion,

We've had a discussion about this topic as a team, and we feel that the sticky thread in the General Lounge is sufficient based on the current activity of AMA threads. The trend seems to have died a little, though the threads themselves still serve a purpose for new members getting to know people on the forum. It'd be a little pointless to give them a subforum if only the same few people post questions in there every other week.

Hope this makes sense, and apologies that we aren't able to put this into place (for now)

Much love,

Maruko

xo

15. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

I know I'm annoying with this. But browsing the General Lounge and going through that jungle of AMA threads that make all the mixed threads go so far back is almost as annoying as I am.

16. Marco Polo

circus act
    Expand Collapse

every section is just a jungle of soft-deleted threads for me so i can almost empathise

it’s up to the man up top to decide on this, so i will tag

@Owl perma-delete option for marco WHEN

Chaudfontaine and Mapache like this.