1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

A world Inside Big Mom?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Fallen-S36, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Is there a dimension inside Big Mom? You can see a forest and tomb stones inside her mouth. Iron Balloon reference? Perhaps she has an ability that we still don't yet know about. Im thinking of something like Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist. Perhaps thats how all the orphans disappeared

2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it's a reference to those kids and Mother Caramel whom she ate

3. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

I doubt it. It looks like a real space inside of her. Zombie dogs are there as well. *Corpse Dancehall.

Attached Files:

4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She does eat a lot, sometimes even some bits of food with soul in it.

5. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

That doesn't really explain the zombie dogs and the pet cemetery. I think the pet cemetery has something to do with Kaido owing Big Mom a life long favor. Something to do with the zombie dogs. Big Mom probably brought Kaido back to life using some yet unknown power.

6. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Explains why Big Mom was saying that Kaido owes her. But reviving Kaido 17 times?Overkill.. and why?

7. Time

bogan scientist
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hard to tell. I thought it was a transitional scene but it's also likely that it's an actual cemetery inside her, which is kinda messed up and needs some explaining. Oda will probably shed some light on this in the future, at least I believe so.
    Ps: Isn't this supposed to be in the manga section? Big spoilers.

8. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I expect Oda to explain this in the future. I think there's a high possibility that this world inside of Big Mom has something to do with that debt. Maybe Big Mom hides something that belongs to Kaido in it? Kaido's soul? Then he can live forever since no one knows where his soul is and it's safe, inside of Big Mom? Or whatever else. It's just too much ambiguous.

Also as @Time has already mentioned, it needs to be in Manga Section.

Fallen-S36 likes this.
  9. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Why point out that this belongs into the manga section without doing anything about it?
    Tag the mod for OP or a staff member that can move threads of any section or just use the report button... what you did doesn't result in anything.

Btw, @Behnam Kaiou's soul being in her and being safe doesn't make sense.
    Implication is that a body drops dead as soon as the soul leaves it completely, as seen in Brooks initial death and his ability to seperate his soul from his body, which in turn makes his body lifeless. Same should happen to Kaidou if his entire soul is in her.
    Though even if it is only a fraction of his soul, why should Kaidou give it to her?
    Why would BM not use it to her advantage and simply dispose of a threat like him? The balance between the Yonkou would be extremely disturbed, if it were the case.
    Not to mention that getting rid of Kaidou would play into both of their hands. BM disposes of a thread and Kaidou would be capable of dying.

10. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well... I was going to add that but since @Marco Polo is online right now, I thought it may not be necessary. But here it is.

It was just a possibility about it inside of my head and I just presented it so people can give their ideas about it. I didn't provide any evidence for it, since there are not so much. But let me answer those problems if I can. Still I don't think it's as unreasonable as you say.

I can add something here, Big Mom has the power of Soul manipulation as all of us know. When I said Kaido's soul is inside of Big Mom, I didn't say it's just there without a body. Big Mom can easily infuse Kaido's soul to another object. So that soul will be still alive after being out of Kaido's real body. Also, it may just be a part of his soul. So when he die, Big Mom can infuse those souls to Kaido's real body. It can be something like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter. He separated his soul to 7 different parts and put every of them in an object. That's exactly what Big Mom can do with Kaido's soul. He can separate it and infuse every of them into a tree, flower or anything else.

I have no explanation in this part. As I've said, it was just a guess. But I can say that because we don't have much information from their past. There might be a reason for that too. But we don't know much about Kaido and what situations would make him to give his soul to Big Mom. It can be that Kaido was going to die at a time and Big Mom made a deal with him. So it can explain why did he agree with giving his soul to Big Mom. He decided to live instead of dying. Also I said it might just be a part of his soul that he had given to Big Mom at that time. So Big Mom can't do much right now, he can just bring Kaido back to life every time he is dead. And Kaido won't die until all of those parts of his soul are destroyed. And since they are inside of Big Mom, I don't think there can be a safer place than that. Those souls are safe right now, inside of Big Mom, inside of a Yonko.

So now you must ask, why wouldn't Kaidou give it to her? It's nothing expect benefit for him. But the problem is here, why would Big Mom accept such a thing without getting anything? I think that's when that “Debt” comes. “Every Magic has a price”.

I think the moment Big Mom used that word against Kaido to let her kill Luffy by herself, it sounded like a threat to me. I don't think it's something saving life or such things, it must be something that Big Mom already has and can make some problems for Kaido somehow. I don't think Kaido would care if someone has saved his life, he can simply kill him/her even without becoming sad. He is a real monster.

About the balance, I think Big Mom understands that it would bring problems to our current world, not she would care about the world itself though, she wants to reach Raftel and destroying the balance of world with bring some consequences and the chaos who is going to be in the future won't let her to reach her purposes. She still needs another 3 Poneglyphs.

Another possibility can be that she wants to use Kaido as another thing. Also I think it's just one dept. So she can only ask Kaido one thing and he must agree. Because she has his souls. Also Big Mom may fear from Kaido that he won't use him and make him more angry, since she was at the same era as he was and she knows how much he can be disaster.

Maybe both of them are waiting for a chance to get rid of each other and they weren't successful until now? As I've said, it's not like Big Mom can control and use Kaido as her personal pet, it's just that she have something to use it against Kaido and it seems that it's really important for him. But at the same time, I don't think it's something that had been ended in the past. Whatever it is, Big Mom has it right now and can use it against Kaido so he's going to get used to that fact that Big Mom is going to have an advantage upon him.

The souls was just a guess, but as I've explained right now, it's not really out of mind and impossible to happen. But not so much of evidences are revealed right now and therefore I have nothing that has happened in the Manga to point it out as a fact here.

But still there are some situations that can provide us the things we want right now. I exampled a few of them, but still I'd say it makes sense in some parts as I've mentioned. About the last two questions that you've mentioned (I was thinking about it too), I can say there is not much to say to be a reasonable answer as the other parts, but still I think it's easy to find a situation that can provide of this result without hurting the facts that are happened in Manga.

As I've said, it might just be a part of Kaido's soul (As Big Mom can reduce the lifespan of everyone with using his Devil Fruit and she can infuse it inside of an object), in this case, many problems would solve, such as that balance or that why wouldn't Big Mom use this opportunity to destroy Kaido, since even if she destroy those souls, Kaido can live with that remained soul inside of his body and therefore he can come to get his revenge. So why would Big Mom start this war against Kaido? She needs to stay in shadows and wait for opportunities that Kaido is weak and then destroy him, since she is the only one who knows how to kill Kaido and can do it.

I agree with you in some points, but I don't think it's really impossible to happen. It can also explain that “Life-Long”.

11. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Possible, would still create some "problems" though.
    We don't know how souls seperated from their bodies develope or behave if they're put in their original bodies. Best case scenario, they're the same, for whatever reason. Worst case scenari, they diverged from their original and are an entirely different person, if they're capable of sustaining a healthy mind after whatever BM did with them.
    Not to mention that this wouldn't mean that he can live forever, like you originally claimed. The soul parts BM takes are a literal part of the persons lifetime. It's still a limited quantity, divided up into smaller pieces. Kaidou would still die of old age at some point. Increased old age, with each death of the soul piece in him stripping him of some time.

Big Mom could destroy that part of his soul, decreasing his lifespan or simply using it to create a strong Homie that could be used against Kaidou.
    Kaidou going to die at that time either indicates some sort of illness. That would be related to his body, not his soul. Even removing parts of his soul and putting them back in the body after it died for the first time wouldn't help him, as he would just be going to die again; the illness wouldn't be cured.
    The other option would be an execusion or death in battle, though we know that all of those failed and that no one was ever able to kill him, not even he himself.
    Though Kaidou is capable of dying as long as a part of his soul is in his body that can fade and the body needs to have a part of it's soul in the body to function in the first place.
    So that explanation does not work.

Stripping Kaidou of his manpower alone is a valid threat and she has the means necessary to deal massive damage to him.

Dealing with Kaidou would let her access at least one other Poneglyph.
    Not to mention that it wouldn't give her a lot of consequences. WB's didn't have consequences for her either. The power vacuum left behind by Kaidou's defeat would be filled by someone else. Would end in the same scenario, with her being potentially weakened.

For the debt to work means for both parties to agree. If Kaidou doesn't play along now means her attacking and that appears to be the case currentely. It's not like Kaidou is forced to play along her demand because of a mere debt. Violence is always an option. not to mention that we're talking about an alcoholic here, no guarantee for anything with Kaidou.

Only if they comply.
    Assumption
    Unnecessary emphasis on "Life-Long". Every debt is life long, unless other conditions were met prior.

12. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

Is bbn
    I suspect something similar. And perhaps by defeating big mom, they could then be able to defeat or drive out Kaido? Maybe one of the straw hats would be able to enter big mom(nothing dirty) and extinguished the mechanism of Kaido's immortality. I dont see how the Srawhats could drive out Kaido out of Wano without defeating him. And I dont see straw hats being able to defeat him as long as he could survive a fall from skypia with only receiving a minor headache.

Big Mom could be Kaido's Achilles heel

Behnam likes this.
  13. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

Maybe its a matter with the strength of soul. Remember how brook could release all the homies but the ones created by Big Moms soul?
    I bet that if someone weak willed had a Soul-Soul, brook would be able to defeat the homies even if they were made from the user's soul.

We know that Big Mom cant take a soul from someone who is strong willed. But what if someone strong willed offered it up for safe keeping as they were dying? Would she be able to then consume that soul? I dont think so. I doubt that she could consume Kaidos soul.

And even if she could, assuming that Kaido was about to die(a few minutes of life span), it wouldn't be worth the effort.

So if Big Mom saved Kaido's by keeping his soul within the Pet Cemetery, the neither she nor anyone could reach it.

Or she took thousands of lives and implanted it within Kaido. Does life span effect how tough you body is?

14. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A good example that I've given you already is “Horcruxes” system in Harry Potter. A person can split his soul into different parts. I'm not going to focus more on Harry Potter series here, but Big Mom's ability can manipulate souls and as I've said she can put that soul into an object. It's exactly how Horcruxes work. I don't expect that One Piece follow Harry Potter's pattern in this case, I'm just giving an example that you can understand my meaning better with it.

There can be some problems as you've mentioned but since they are shown or anything like that, but I think it somehow depends on Big Mom, since he can manipulate souls almost without limitations. But these are all assumptions.

Even if they have different personalities when they are separated from Kaido's body, I still think when they return to their true owner, they are going to somehow be the same as before. Two other possibilities that I can mention are:

1. The souls are somehow connected with each other and when a part of someone's soul is out of his body and it's separated from the main soul, still some connections such as memories and other stuffs can be connected still with each other. But it will be a problem in this case, since Big Mom can have much more control now and can easily destroy Kaido with destroying one of those parts, or at least maybe she can delete a part of Kaido's memory with destroy different parts of his soul that she has right now.
    2. Another possibility is that when Big Mom has separated Kaido's souls, every soul were carrying a part of Kaido's memories and therefore Kaido won't know much about his past and it would drive him insane. The problem in this part is that Kaido would just forget that debt. If we want to fix this problem, again we need to give some other doubts here.

I think the reason those objects that are infused with other people's souls aren't showing so much of similarity with they true owners is because of their memories. We know that our personality and desires and other specifications about ourselves, are coming from what we've experimented from the happenings who are surrounding us. Therefore, when they experiment different environments with different people and buildings and other things, they might forget what they had been at past. Or maybe it's that the memory has no connection with soul, in this case, there are not so much of clues here to talk. Also we know that those souls fear from Big Mom and her energy, since she is somehow a god for them. The one who infused them and can control them.

Great point here, I was going to add something but I will do it here. I know that the moment when we saw Kaido, it came to minds of most of us that he might be a giant. He looks like a one. His height and weight and everything I can say he is so much similar to giants. Though it's not still revealed. But let's think what if he is a giant. It's the first race I can think of it right now. Hence, like all other giants, he can live like more than 300 years normally. Though still he dies, but only the time can do it.

So now he has no problem if he dies because of some attacks or damages, since Big Mom can easily give a part of his soul back. But I know what you want to say and I have to confess that it's a big problem here. I think we know that how souls work in One Piece world. As Big Mom herself mentioned that when she was getting souls from her victims. We know that when a person gets older, his/her soul gets older too. So there is a direct connection between body and soul. I don't want to give an assumption that can deny this sentence, for example I can say that the age of that soul doesn't get older, but the connection between itself and the body will become weaker and weaker until they separate from themselves. But let's just ignore this assumption here, because I don't think it can solve much problem right now.

So let's get back to what I've said: “ Then he can live forever since no one knows where his soul is and it's safe, inside of Big Mom?”

I've said, and I again say that it's just a thought. I don't see how you can see it as a claim with that “?” mark. So let me correct myself here if you see a problem. Btw, I think Kaido being a giant (Though not still confirmed) can give it a help that with his souls being separated inside of one of the safest places in the world, inside of a Yonko and not himself, he can live even when he dies because of physical damages. And that's the secret of the most powerful creature in One Piece. And since he is a giant, he will have enough time for anything he is planning for.

Other possibility that I count so much on it is that, as you've mentioned his body would corrupt, but I think the soul of a person, as long as it's in an object that can have longer life, can be there until it gets corrupted. For example, a tree may live more than a human, so if you put that soul inside of a tree, it may live more than a human or even if you put it inside of a giant's body. So it's true that his body may get old over time, but since his souls are separated and they are inside of Big Mom, she can provide other bodies for Kaido and put those parts inside of it. (Although it solves these problems, but still it will give us some other problems, that why and exactly why would Big Mom do that? I know that, but I just presented this possibility too, though with this situation it just gets so much stretched.)

About destroying those parts, I've mentioned that even if she do it, the part who is living inside of Kaido will be still alive. It's not like if one of them get destroyed, others will get too. But I think you wanted to say that when Kaido is going to die, she can easily ignore him and don't infuse a part of his souls and then destroy them all. And as I've said, there is a huge problem here that's hard to explain it. I don't think it's going to be explainable right now.

About decreasing the life span of him, I can say if she wanted to do that, why would she help Kaido at the first place? Obviously she thinks that she can use this beast to reach her purposes. Why would she destroy him when she can use him? About the Homie, I don't think it can reach the most powerful creature in the world. Even if she does that, or maybe even if she is willing to do so, still haven't succeeded in this case and that fear may prevent her.

Let me mention something here, I want to ask that how can Big Mom with that much power could only posses only one Poneglyph after all of these years? The answer is that it's not only she who is looking for them and other Yonko are going to find it too. So now that she has one of them, and if she do as you say and destroy Kaido, she will have two Poneglyphs. What about others? How can she find those two? Obviously if she works with Kaido she can let Kaido find Poneglyphs ( Imagine that how much Jack was close to one of the Poneglyphs in Zou) and then she can destroy Kaido and get the three Poneglyphs at once. So which is better you think? Though it will be much more complicated than what it seems. Not gonna be easy like that. But still a possible that can't get ignored and not out of mind, clearly.

I really can't compare Kaido to WB, but let's assume that both of them would give Big Mom the same results and consequences. Even in that case, I think the pirate that would damage Big Mom's territory aren't Kaido or other Yonko right now, let me mention that Kid who destroyed some of Big Mom's ship or Luffy who came into his kingdom and just made her angry and somehow fked Big Mom's reputation around the world. So which really made her look weaker? Kaido? I don't think he does as much as brave new comers who come to New World nowadays. They are giving Big Mom much more damages over time, since still we don't know if Big Mom and Kaido had a fight at past or even if they had, how much times did they or things like that.

So that vacuum that's going to be filled, will be much more problem if it get filled by a person like Luffy, since he will go and directly fight with Big Mom. So she needs an opportunity to just have the Poneglyph in a short time and all of them to gather, and then move to Raftel.

I gave only some possibilities up there, that I thought would be possible. But if you ask me, I'd go with one of these three here:

1. As I've said, it may not be a mere debt. If it was, I'm sure that Kaido wouldn't give a damn about it, and also Big Mom wouldn't mention it when she was talking with him. So it must be something like what I've said (Though as I've said already, it's only a guess. I'm not sure about it, but still possible as I've explained), or a thing that can work as a weak point against Kaido.
    2. Maybe the debt can't let Big Mom to force Kaido to do anything, as mentioned before, maybe even with destroying all of those parts, Kaido can still live since there is no connection between them and he can live as long as his current soul in his body is not corrupted. And that Violence option comes as you've mentioned.
    3. It may just be something simpler than what we think and also it may related to Big Mom's Devil Fruit. It's like you deal with evil to become immortal and you need to pay something for that deal, “Debt”. As I've said, you need to pay that price for the magic. Or consequences would just caught you up.

Well... he is alcoholic and at the same time his anger is over coming the logic inside of his mind. Who would trust someone like him to pay his debt. That's why I think he is somehow forced to accept it. Otherwise I see no guarantee as you said, for Big Mom to even make him owe her, since he is just a creature with no heart and no brain, I guess.

Well... They aren't three-years-old kids, are they? (Damn, they are!)
    I mentioned it and I say it again that I confess this part is a big problem for them being an ally or something similar to that. It's hard to expect them to act like knowledgeable people (like Gorosei and Shanks, maybe?), they are pirates. They solve their problems with fight.

It's what intelligent people would do. I'm not sure if Big Mom is intelligence enough to do so, but still she is a famous pirate and known as a Yonko. She may give much more attention to strategies than we expect her to.

True... but still the first thing comes to mind is Kaido's immortality with that word. I think other people would think about it if doesn't come right after it. It may be a hint from Oda, since he likes to give two meanings behind a single word. It can be as you say, and it is, I guess. Every debt like that Big Mom would mention to Kaido when she was talking to him, must be life-long, otherwise she wouldn't mention it. But at the same time the word is showing us a way to that immortal life of Kaido, somehow. And why he never dies, no matter what.

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Oda has too many things to keep track of, so this is why the simple explanations that connect all the dots are the most likely to happen. The "immortality" is likely just the result of an awakened zoan on top of his already elite durability. My mind immediately jumped to the legendary zoan fruit in terms of the life-long dept. Big Mom already had a top tier fruit ability from 5, so giving a legendary devil fruit would definitely qualify.

As for the original topic, it definitely appears that the "pet cemetery" is a separate dimension. I am biased to think Oda will stick with his censorship of cannibalism, so maybe she is adding to her own lifespan from reabsorbing the lifespan from homies.

16. Rexraptor

Expand Collapse

Why my little Brother Why do you post That Much Big Thing. T_T

17. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Not big, it's called proportional to the topic. I had many things to remark, btw.

Rexraptor and Seiryu like this.