1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Absolute and moral justice marines

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Cytheria, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Cytheria

Expand Collapse

Hello, this is my theory about the justice that almost (if not all) all marines follow.

There are two main categories which are absolute and moral justice and there are many lesser justices which are just branches that fall under either one of the main categories.

Three of the most known lesser justices are Aokiji's lazy justice and Fujitora's blind justice which fall under the moral justice category and Rob Lucci's excessive/dark justice which falls under the absolute justice category.

Most famous/known absolute justice marines
    1. Akainu
    2. Kizaru
    3. Spandam
    4. Rob Lucci
    5. At least 90% of the marines believe in absolute justice

Most famous/known moral justice marines
    1. Garp
    2. Aokiji
    3. Fujitora
    4. Smoker
    5. Koby
    6. Jonathan (even though he is non-cannon character)

Marco Polo and Seiryu like this.
  2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

As If Floridians Get Cold (cause it's so hot)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You forgot Lazy Justice, which Kizaru follows.

Marco Polo likes this.
  3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, this is a great way to categorize the main antagonists (truly corrupt, even if their intentions started out pure like Lucci) vs. the "moral" Marines that see that there is gray area in the world. Based on Akainu winning and taking control, I would assume 95-99% of the Marines are forced to follow his absolute justice (Oda had some sort of fiery/burning description, but I forget what it was).

To further expand potential discussions, this is probably going to be a theme that continues with CP0. We already know Lucci and Kaku got the promotion, but it's probably safe to assume all CP0 members are going to be loyalists to the absolute justice group/mentality. It may be possible (especially since the most recent Donquixote Tenryuubito is the only living "human" Tenryuubito) to have an outlier that becomes at least a partial ally.

4. Johannes

Expand Collapse

does an ex-marine count? Z, also known as "Black Arm" Zephyr (Absolute Justice)

[​IMG]

5. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

To me absolute justice is just what the Celestial dragons decide. Rob Lucci was ordered to attack innocent people and still called it justice. While moral justice seems to follow what’s best for the people.

6. TiedyEPIC

Expand Collapse

I always liked Kaku

7. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

*7.Condoriano
    Yes,this is true.
    Also the 5 on "Most famous/known absolute justice marines should be on another cathegory:
    Most famous known absolute justice lap dogs.
    90% of the marines believe in absolute justice because if they believe in anything else Mr Absolute Rabid Dog will kill all of them;P

8. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Mini Robin:
    Lazy Justice is Aokiji,Kizaru is Foggy Justice.:laughing:

9. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I agree with everything you've posted up there, it all makes sense to me

What impact do you think the different styles of justice will have on the story, @Cytheria ?

10. Cytheria

Expand Collapse

Well, the absolute justice marines are simple minded and dangerous, most low ranking marines are less dangerous (as we've seen in Dressrosa where they followed Fujitora's orders rescuing civilians, etc) but we have seen what vice-admiral and above have done in ennies lobby (with the buster call they didn't hesitate to blow up a battleship and kill 1000 marines) or in Ohara where Akainu blew a ship full on civilians.

On the other hand moral justice are way less dangerous almost none at all by themselves but as we've seen with aokiji or even garp they still follow orders and they will fiercely hunt down pirates but they will never endager civilians on the sake of capturing them.

So i am not quite sure what plans Oda have and i am not even sure that he considers justice to be two categories on that matter but i definitely like moral justice marines more than the absolute ones. One scenario that i can imagine is that maybe we will have a second paramount war (pirates vs. marines) at the very end but with straw hat grand fleet this time, Akainu will probably order Garp to capture Luffy but Garp will refuse, then Akainu will attack Garp calling him betrayer and then we will have an epic battle between those two. but of course this is a long far fetched theory hehe.

Marco Polo likes this.