1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

After the Rain

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Chaudfontaine, Aug 8, 2018 at 6:16 PM.

1. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

After the rain - Koi wa Amaagari no You ni
    An anime i started with no expectations but twelve's & servo's small recommendation.

After 8 episodes I can certainly tell you it is great. Animation and music are on point, maybe even beyond that. The story is as rom-coms always go, a girl falls in love. But it is not as easy as it sounds. Given the simple story, the characthers build and developement make up for that. Every episode you feel it, the growth.

I'm gonna watch further but here is some information.

[​IMG]
    Episodes: 12 (Finished airing)
    Aired: Winter 2018
    Studio: Wit Studio
    Genres: Romance, Seinen

my anime list: https://myanimelist.net/anime/34984/Koi_wa_Ameagari_no_You_ni

servo likes this.
  2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

@Twelve did you start cutting onions? what is this liquid in my eyes?

I have a hate/love relationship with such endings. It fits, it works perfectly in this situation, both charachters moved on from their status quo and their "being together" did that. I hate it because you can't see the real ending, how Akira will do in track&field, how the novel will turn out. I guess it is our imagination now that drives this series even further than it is and even more personal than it was.

easy 8/10, maybe even 9/10, heck i'm in a good mood. 9/10!

Twelve and servo like this.
  3. servo

Expand Collapse

@Chaudfontaine

Yes it is beautiful by any means, no matter how you look at the show, nothing seems to disappoint , as for the ending let me reply in spoilers

Well I actually wanted a bit more from the ending as well may be they could have shown a bit of future, but meh these writers really like to play with our emotions. But I believe they ended up together as Mr.Kondo said that once they both complete their promises and Akira replied she will definitely let him know and just before that they hugged ( dunno if it was imagination or not , even if it was I think they both Imgained it ) I think the intention was they will be together in future ) but meh these writers ..

I wud give it 12/10 lol it has become my most favorite anime of all time , beating Spice and wolf but a mere .5 XD

Chaudfontaine and Twelve like this.
  4. Twelve

Boo'd up (^∇^)
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ohohoho this anime made me cry too, dw xD You're making me want to watch it again! :astonished: Also...Can't believe you'd actually finish it this early #ripwork

My thoughts:
    I really love how this show ended. I think I gave this series a 9/10 on MAL.

The characters, including the supporting ones, are adorable. It's an anime that explores regret and frustration on things that you were unable to do or things that you have failed to achieve/ do well in. IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT LOVING PEOPLE AT ALL. It was more about loving yourself or at least about forgiving yourself.

I believe the anime did justice to that exploration by its good story-telling and very pleasing art. I really like the voice acting (though I might just be biased since I am hearing Hiroaki Hirata most of the time xD). The ending is what I expected and it made me feel happy and contented despite not knowing if the characters would be together for good. Would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a chill anime that will still make them feel things :smile:

Chaudfontaine and servo like this.
  5. servo

Expand Collapse

@Twelve wow you give reviews like a pro , not everyone can actually convey and pin point smaller details not praising you for the sake of praising what I like that in such a small paragraph you just defined the show, MEH reviews tend to be so long it really hard to read :P