1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Ahiru no Sora

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Kia, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

Nanao is a smart cookie! Super devious and crafty. I love it! The boys started off doing well but then her plan went into play and bam—it’s over. Good thing Chiaki is on their team. Let’s see how it goes from here. ^_^

2. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

I’m curious to see what Chiaki’s counter strategy is - the fact he’s not using the size advantage is interesting.

Taking Sora and Kite off is probably a good idea though, I think they have a lot to gain by watching how the team play etc.

Kia likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

Boys lose as expected - but it’s more concerning that the pace of their game is so slow and that they can’t score without Sora/Kite... this training camp better bring results!

Also the moment with Sora’s mother was cute

Kia likes this.
  4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So I enjoyed the strategies. It was also nice to learn her backstory. It looks like Sora was following along with Chiaki’s plan as it unfolded so he was able to see how he used teamwork effectively. I’d like to say that he chased after Nanao because he had a feeling her strategic input would be useful, not just because she’s cute. However, he can be an idiot so I don’t know. I do look forward to the camp and further growth though.

5. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Ohh this one was rough. It really looked like the team was pulling itself apart for a bit there. But, thankfully, I think the guys are starting to see the importance of passion. It also looks like Sora has found the words to reach them and help them get past their frustrations because they do enjoy it and want to enjoy it more. Sometimes you have to do the not fun stuff to get to the fun stuff like Tsukki was told in Haikyū “if it’s not fun, you’re not good enough yet” or something like that I’ve got to say that that’s some really good advice and also bad advice. You can have fun at things that you’re bad at—you can also enjoy getting better at them. Or suffer through the skills process in order to enjoy the moments when you’re really good. So it just depends on the person and the activities.

6. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Chucky and Nabe will be fine, the pickup game they lost probably taught them a lesson. It’s nice to see that Yasuhara’s really getting interested in the sport - will he be good enough to contribute to the team, I wonder?

7. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

I started watching this when I was sick a couple of weeks ago and wanted something that was enjoyable but that I knew I wouldn't get that into (so a casual watch). I'm not a big sports fan but I really like all the friendship stuff here and there are some funny moments that made me laugh. I was really hoping that this wouldn't just end after 12-13 episodes and thankfully it seems like that won't be the case (and according to the Wikipedia page the manga has been running since 2010 so there is a lot more for the anime to cover). This was my first time watching sports anime and I think I chose a good one.

Marco Polo and Kia like this.
  8. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I watch this anime and I like it.

It is not just the quality but the quantity of story shown in every episode is fulfilling..

9. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

Robin-Senpai Is The Best and Kia like this.
  10. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

11. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Kia likes this.
  12. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Flashy Ace is a fun rival, even if his motivations for playing the Kuzu boys are questionable...

It's been an interesting matchup so far, though there's something about the animation direction that makes the game feel very slow. Maybe it'll pick up a little next episode?

13. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he’s so... I dunno and that is a mullet right? I’m not imagining it? It’s killing me. The shoes were great. I was loving the whole shared moment over them when Sora decides not to return them until after the game. On the one hand, logic since he’d been practicing in them but also emotional, right? There’s totally an attachment aspect. So I get the response. Then come to find out that they piled even more meaning on top of them by revealing their origin story lol. Come on, it’s too much but in all the right ways. I like that Sora is somehow unclear on dude’s motives because it was less than 24 seconds of processing time there and he was focused on the game. I wonder when he will get a clue and how this is going to play out. Tokiwa learning how much they’ve improved is a mixed bag. Now they’re gonna go practice even more and get that much stronger plus he’s aware of some of their new moves. Alas, recon has always been a possibility but surprise is nice even while you want to be taken seriously.

I think it feels slow because we’ve had a flashback in the middle of a shot, and other stuff like that. We haven’t really gone far into the game as far as I can tell. We’re really stretching things out to get into the minds, reactions, etc of the players rather than the feel and tempo of the game itself? Like they’re taking the tack of let’s slow it down to show the technical stuff that’s happening for all the early plays. It could be that they do this the whole game or they skip forward through real time plays a bit or just skip over a bunch of points scored and go back to the same tempo? I’m not sure.

14. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

it is, don’t know how he thinks he’s going to impress the ladies with that on his head

15. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Well this isn’t really a spoiler but there’s been a lot of sexy guys with mullets (a la Jean-Claude Van Damme back in the day) and according to this article it’s making a comeback with some examples of those that are found attractive. I just think he did it poorly. Plus he’s kinda creepy lol.

16. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Sora’s doing a great job of shutting Taro down. Momo is letting his former kohai get under his skin a bit too much, I think but at least he’s playing well with Chiaki. The coach is a sneaky bastard, that’s for sure. He’s totally pushing Taro’s buttons and trying to get him to go batshit. I wonder what that will look like. He’s a piece of work as it is. Alas, watching the teamwork of Kuzu come together is satisfying and I’m enjoying the game even as it’s a learning experience for sure. I hope Momo leaves it more, not less, encouraged.

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

#57 Kia, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Poor Sora got so discouraged when he thought he’d failed the team. But knowing that she was just worried about his health helped a bit. I truly appreciate Kite scoring that point though. And Chucky man, I’m glad you grew a spine and decided to put up a fight. Babe running after you was something to see though! How is this going to play out?! Doesn’t that totally change their defense?!Spirit aside.

Whoa so it did change their defense and they’re getting their butts handed to them. Way to go Sora bringing them back dramatically at the end of the quarter and raising morale of your teammates about their playing. But no... this devious ass coach is at it again. And oh drama. What is the full history between Momo and his kohai?

18. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Aww. Momoharu left him hanging and abandoned his poor little kohai. That’s why the resentment. Beyond that, of course Sora got Momo to get his act together. I’m glad Kite is resting though. At least the immediate foul called wasn’t on Yasu. And who knew the nurse was Madoka’s sister? I had a feeling the call was about his mom but not the connection. PG for Sora, huh? I appreciate Chiaki admitting not being able to multitask though it’s nothing to be ashamed of—single tasking is very zen. This next episode is gonna be lit. Can’t wait to see what happens like are they going to have her sneakily watch so as not to influence things or is her presence going to be part of the hype that energizes and inspires Sora more? He’s not supposed to know she knows he’s even in the same prefecture or whatever. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be good stuff and more than the opposing coach is expecting.

19. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So there was a lot to say but I couldn’t post it and I’ve forgotten all but that ending—all I know is I was sure it was going to sink. That 3 pointer. Let’s see what actually happens that that I’ve got a moment to watch today’s episode!! We’re all dying to know, right?! Do they win?!

20. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Oh no. Well the title wasn’t a good sign but they could’ve been tears of joy. So they lost but at least Sora is trying to grow from this. Though it seems that Kite is not trying to give him an inch. Madoka—does she realize the impression she’s giving here? Is this a low key harem show?