1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Ancient Weapons

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by miss_SMP, Jun 12, 2018.

1. miss_SMP

Hit by Horo horo no mi
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dunno if this was ever mentioned before and I'm too lazy to search it. So, here it goes:

According to Wikia:
    (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Weapons)
    "The Ancient Weapons are three weapons capable of mass destruction, each taking a different form. They are known as Pluton, Poseidon, and Uranus, each named after a deity for their godly powers. The weapons are not limited only to inanimate objects, but consist of living beings as well."

We know Poseidon, which is Shirahoshi. She now inherits the power of Neptune which is to talk and control (to some extent) giant sea kings.

Pluton was mentioned to be a ship, which Franky and Robin knows.

No information about Uranus, as of the moment.

Now, one thing I noticed is that the Void century seems to be full of Giants (additionally, the Giant Straw Hat at the end of Chapter 906, [well its look like a giant anyway]). Shirahoshi, as well is giant size and something tells me Pluton is a huge ship.

On the island of Zou, we met Zunesha, the ancient elephant tasked to walk and nothing else. His voice can only be heard by few people and he responds only (so far) to Momonosuke. His a bigger than a giant elephant that goes way up the sky.

I'm starting to think that he might be, or somewhat related to Uranus (as well as Momo).

Thoughts??? :)

images.jpeg

2. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible that Zunisha is Uranus ? Absolutely.

Do i think so ? Not at all.

Poseidon is underwater.
    Pluton is above the surface.
    So Uranus must be something related to the sky. Uranus means " sky " or " heaven ". He's a mythological greek god personifying the sky.

Moreover, Zunisha's lifetime predates the Void Century. It's been sentenced to walk the seas for eternity because of a crime it committed that led to the deaths of a lot of innocent people ( as Oda said in an SBS ). So i don't really see how it could be the Ancient Weapon Uranus.

That's just my opinion. Great theory nonetheless.

Blacky Rose and miss_SMP like this.
  3. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

You mean Poseidon

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Same god, different location (Rome vs Greece)

Let's wiki everything we know about the gods
    • Uranus/Ouranos/Caelus
      =Father Sky
      He is one of the oldest Titans and predates the Zeus-Poseidon-Hades fraction.
      Uranus locked away the youngest childeren of Gaia in Tartarus. For that Gaia made a sickle and Chronos (his son) castrated him
      - out of his testicles, aphrodithe was born
      - out of his blood, giants, the avenging furies, the ash-tree nymphs (and some say the humans from Rhodos) were born

After Uranus was deposted of, the sky came no more to cover the earth at night.

In art, he is a mature, bearded man who holds a cloak over his head so that it billows in the form of an arch.

• Neptune/Poseidon
      This is the one the Zeus-Poseidon-Hades fraction that overthrew Chronos. These are thus the grandchilderen of Gaia.
      He was given the sea (Zeus the sky and Hades the underworld), and is also god of other waters, earthquakes and horses. Always portreted with his trident, in a carriage and with horses. He lives in the seas. He also has control over sea-monsters. They figured that islands where formed by this gentleman and honored him for that.

• Pluton/Hades
      Brother of Zeus and Poseidon. God of the underworld and wealth. Most known attributes: the horn of wealth, cerebrus, invisibility helmet. The underworld has different parts: the best is Elysium and the worst is Tartarus. He had a boatman (Charon) who transported the souls from the living world to the underworld.

We can definitly see where Oda find the mustard. And the most known Ancient Weapon, the mermaid princess, has a lot of charachteristics of this neptune figure (and maybe some spoilers).
    Pluton is known to be a ship of destruction, but the only connection I see is the boat that transported souls from the living world to the underworld (in other words, kill a lot of people). How this connects to wealth and the other weapons I have no clue.

Uranus is the Weapon we know nothing about. But I find it strange that we have weapons with the names of the brothers in the Zeus-Poseidon-Hades fraction that overthrew their father, but Zeus is not a Weapon. His Grandfather is one.

This means:
    -Uranus is much older than the other weapons and has charachteristics of the God described above.
    or
    -Oda means Zeus and we have the triple brother combo that changed the world.

1. Zeus
      The Chief of Gods, compared to Wodan, Odin, Jupiter and other father figures of god realms. He led the battle against his father Cronos and locked all the titans away in tartarus (like in the hercules disney movie). After winning the winning fraction drew lots who would get which section of the realm. Zeus got the sky and air. (The earth itself could not be claimed for one but was shared (Poseidon = earthquakes, Hades = people who had lived on earth))
      He got a thunderbolt from the cyclopses, which is his favorite weapon of choice. He also once flooded the earth because he was mad at humans. He killed them all and created from stones new humans that repopulated the earth. He can use violence to get his way. Rain, snow, and everything that comes from the sky is Zeus. An eagle (symbol for lightening) accompanies him, the oak was his sacred tree. He also used rainbows and the flight of birds to guide humans.

small note: a second war broke out because Gaia wasn't content with the actions of Zeus locking up her childeren (titans). It was a big battle that changed the shape of the earth (mountains were moved) but Zeus and his gods became victorious. This is what gave him the title of ruler of the universe.

Behnam likes this.
  5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

At least off the top of my head this is a unique Uranus theory. We do have the mysterious giants in the Floridian Triangle, so this definitely could be a possibility. Zunisha was punished for a previous crime (during the Void Century), so he/she might not be normal giant being and might be the creation from Ancient Kingdom science.

6. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We really don't so much information here to talk about void century and ancient weapons, therefore I can't say much here. But something that I'd like to mention is that, the Poseidon is an ancient weapon as you said, and this weapon can control sea monsters. Well... in the depths of sea we have Poseidon, as ancients mentioned, the Poseidon was the god who could control the seas. Then, we have Pluton or Hades, a ship who can destroy an island with one shot. Well the Pluton can control the lands if is that so. It's on the surface of sea (Unlike Poseidon who is in the depths of sea), and can destroy islands with its power. It's really similar to Hades who was responsible for the earth, unlike his two brothers, Zeus and Poseidon who that one of them was controlling seas and another one was controlling skies and heavens. So the third ancient weapon must have something to do with sky and it must be placed somewhere with a great height. I think Sky Islands or the red line is a good place for that third weapon (Since they are in the sky), but I'd go with the Sky Island here.

One is there to control the seas (Poseidon)
    One is there to control the lands (Pluton)
    One is there to control the sky (Uranus)

7. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Naynay the underworld. The earth was not given to any of the brothers but partyly divided.

8. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Still, I think Hades was the one who had more control over humanity. I think that's why he was angry. When he was struggling with humans, those two other brothers were enjoying their time, one under the sea and other one in the sky.

9. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Humanity yes, but not earth. Big difference!

10. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't say completely, but he had more of that role. It's not like two others were jobless right there. But Hades was the poor guy who needed to struggle with the humanity more than them. Well... yeah there is a difference, but still a huge similarity between humanity and the place they live.

11. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

I don't know if anyone has realized this, but I've been saying the same shit for like 2 years.

I've even stated Princess Shirahoshi has The Voice of the Sea, and Momonosuke has The Voice of the Land. I have also speculated Princess Vivi has The Voice of the Sky.

All reincarnated people of Ancient Nations in the One Piece World. Affiliated to different types of human/animal hybrids-- The Minks, The Fishmen, and the Skypieans (land animal/men, sea animal/men, sky animal/men).

I'll talk more about this. But, darn it if I'm not a little disappointed that people didn't talk about this two years ago when it was still fresh to me. Now, I've got ideas about all sorts of shit.. and, this is just one of the stepping stones.

(pardon my language)

12. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#12 Mcguint, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    To give you an idea about how much more consideration I've given this in the past, consider what I'm about to tell you...

Zunisha was [commanded] to wander the seas endlessly.

Guess where else that occurred.

Vander Decken's ship, the Flying Dutchmen, was [commanded] to wander the seas endlessly (it does it all by itself... well, it doesn't, it's a Haki technique).

Those people in the Void Century were capable of much greater Haki techniques than those of the current era. Possibly why there is rumor of Gods throughout the history of One Piece.

If you understand what I'm saying... then, you'll realize there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Evidence of this is found in the fact that Poseidon is tied to the occurrence with The Flying Dutchmen, meaning the same technique was performed on Zunisha. However, they are different types of things in different environments-- so, it can be assumed it is a different type of God (not Poseidon's work) who rules over a different place (either Uranus or Pluton.. the Sky, and the Underworld).

Simple deduction to make. It's the other stuff concerning Vivi which is actually a bit difficult to explain due to what I'd consider a Monkey Wrench-- she has a plot device holding back the development of her powers. But, the coming of age ceremony likely remedied that (coming of age is when these people take on big responsibilities and that is what triggers their powers).

---

Seriously, research The Flying Dutchmen of this story. Vander Decken killed his crew and his ship was cursed to forever wander the seas (Poseidon altered the Current). Zunisha also committed a crime, and was cursed to forever wander the seas. How they do it might be slightly different from one another. Like, Poseidon might change the sea-- so, he can make objects float in it or stuff like that (possibly). In other words.. I'm saying he made the sea itself carry the ship around.

Guess who did that to those guys.

13. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

Well, it is always Oda's masterpiece, after all. HEHE

We all shall find it in the next and coming years and more years. Just don't stop watching One Piece and always be a NAKAMA!! :D :D

14. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

It's just a piece of fictional writing to me based on anthropomorphism and pseudo-science.
    - But, it is quite enjoyable. I agree.