1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Ancient Weapons

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by baz, Aug 29, 2018.

?

What do you guys think about this?

1. I doubt any of this will happen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Some of this could happen and some of it won't

100.0%
  3. I agree with this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. baz

baz
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this has been discussed because I just found this place recently. I'd like to talk about the ancient weapons. They will obviously play a large role in the future.
    As many of you probably agree, there will probably be another enormous battle similar to Marineford (even if it isn't a rescue mission.) consisting of pirates, marines, revolutionaries, etc.
    I believe that during this battle, we will see the use of the ancient weapons.

Franky had the blueprints for Pluton, and we see him burn them during Ennies Lobby. Is it possible that Franky could have memorized these blueprints? Not only is Franky intelligent, but he could've had some strange cyborg parts allowing him to memorize the blueprints.
    I know this idea is a long shot. We have no evidence that Franky did memorize the blueprints, and sunny is clearly intended to be the Straw Hats' ship. What do you guys think?

Shirahoshi was also revealed to be an ancient weapon. She clearly favors the Straw Hats, and I believe she would assist them in this battle. I have seen multiple theories talking about going back to Marineford, and I'm pretty sure this will happen. Luffy promised to take Shirahoshi to a real forest, and for that reason I doubt she would ever go far from her home to seek out the Straw Hats. If they do go back to Marineford, I believe Shirahoshi will race to their aid.

These are just ideas, and I would be happy to discuss them with anyone interested.

Seiryu and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I remember reading a theory a while ago which went along the lines of the sunny being based off the Pluton blueprints and that it may be edited later on to take the true form and abilities of Pluton.
    Regarding Shirahoshi, I would like to believe she would aid the straw hats sometime in the future. I don't really have much to expand on that

3. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

Shirahoshi will probably reveal as a key character soon

4. blues_practitioner

Expand Collapse

Nice theory. I would like to see Shirahoshi working with the Straw Hats later on. Although, sea kings aren't all that helpful unless there are many of them.

5. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! It's great to see new members around, and it's even better when they come straight in with a theory

I think it's likely that he's memorised at least parts of it, if not the entire blueprint. There's no way he'd just burn the blueprints without learning anything from them - his passion as a shipwright simply wouldn't allow him to

Not only Shirahoshi, I think all the Fishmen would be ready and willing to help Luffy in battle after the events of Fishman Island, especially since Neptune has said he wants Fishman Island to be under Luffy's protection.

I'd argue she already has been - not only is she one of the three Ancient Weapons, she's in attendance at the Reverie

6. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s definitely possible that Franky memorized some of the blueprints but he did a fine job of misdirection with his speech about ridding the world of the backup plan when he burned them because he was mightily convincing.

As for Poseidon, I’d say she’s already shown her willingness to fulfill the prophecy by letting love (or very strong emotions to be sure) move her to use her powers on Luffy’s behalf. I see no reason to doubt that she’d do so in the future as she’s clearly making decisions based on what Luffy would do or how he would react. Example: stating she needs to go to Reverie so that Luffy won’t call her names/think her weak again.

7. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I believe that Franky will not rebuild the Pluton, so they’ll be forced to use the already-existing one found most likely in Alabasta. Imagine how chaotic it would be with two Plutons...but Oda would still blow my mind if that happened as well.

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, we do have many theories on the ancient weapons. The biggest thing is that the context implies that there is a Pluton (the allied 20 original Tenryuubito countries used it to win against the technologically advanced Ancient Kingdom). The Nefertari family was entrusted to safeguard it, which is why the poneglyph there had a bunch of info about it (potentially even where it is located).

Crocodiles plan (especially considering the dessert climate since he could do a supersized version of Pica's "final form") truly is underrated. Oda could have CP0 discover the Pluton, but that just seems like overkill since Luffy has to take on the 200ish countries, Marines, CP0, potential Tenryuubito guards, etc. in the final war.

Shirahoshi's Poseidon powers are really overrated since defeating a sea king was a powerhouse move only at the start of the series. Commoners would not be able to protect themselves, so it could destroy the world but only if no significant fighters are present. Oda might give a power-up to the original sea kings (the one's that can talk with most of them already designed from the first opening), but chances are they only are critical for Noah/the Joy Boy promise.

9. baz

baz
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe sea kings have ever been a threat. Luffy one-shot a sea king shortly after he set out to sea. However, as my friend was informing me earlier, Shirahoshi has the ability to control enormous hordes of the sea kings she pleases. We see that sea kings are of different strengths in different areas in the sea, so perhaps there are some actually capable of threatening some big names.

10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

It sounds like we both agree that Poseidon is overrated as an Ancient Weapon. It could only destroy the world if there are no fighters around, but that does not change the fact that it is still defined as a weapon that can destroy the world. As I mentioned, Oda could make the original sea kings in their own class (they are much larger, so the same logic probably applies since Oda has been almost overusing the oversized humans now).

I would also argue that Luffy is an anomaly for the weak East Blue. He easily rose to the top of East Blue as a naive teenager. His ability to defeat the sea king was to show his growth since the day Shanks lost his arm.

11. TiedyEPIC

Expand Collapse

I agree with a war and yes, the ancient weapons will be used. Oda has made the ancient weapons a thing so YES he will use them in the plot somehow. However, I don't know about marineford. What about a battle at (idk how to spell this) Marie Geoss (the holy land where reverie is.)

12. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It’d be kind of hard to have a huge battle up there I think since it’s on top of the Red Line but hey, I guess stranger things have happened.