1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Anime adaptation of Vinland Saga announced!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga News' started by Owl, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Owl

Owl
    Expand Collapse

Vinland-Saga-Anime.jpg
    Wit Studio, known for anime series like Attack on Titan, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and The Ancient Magus' Bride, is producing an anime adaptation of the manga series Vinland Saga.

Its author, Makoto Yukimura, shared this comment and illustration:

Makoto-Yukimura-Vinland-Saga-Anime-Adaptation-Illustration.jpg

An official website for the anime was also launched at https://vinlandsaga.jp - along with the promotional video below:

Yumavo Cado likes this.
  2. Owl

Owl
    Expand Collapse

The official website for the television anime of Makoto Yukimura's Vinland Saga manga unveiled the anime's main staff and first visual on Monday.

vinland-saga-anime-visual.jpg

Shuhei Yabuta (Inuyashiki Last Hero director, Attack on Titan 3D director) is directing the anime at Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, The Ancient Magus' Bride). Hiroshi Seko (Banana Fish, Ajin - Demi-Human) is supervising the series scripts and writing them with Kenta Ihara (Saga of Tanya the Evil). Takahiko Abiru (Hunter × Hunter animation director) is designing the characters. Bamboo is in charge of the art, and MADBOX is in charge of special effects.

The tagline accompanying the visual reads, "Cast your sword aside." The visual shows the main character Thorfinn on a Viking ship in a raging snowstorm.

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-saga-anime-unveils-main-staff-visual/.135676

3. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Yumavo Cado likes this.
  4. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#4 Yumavo Cado, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    I read about this last week. I'm really excited for this anime - I had lost faith that Vinland Saga was ever gonna get one. I've been following the manga for a few years now, I've recommended it to customers many a time when I was still working at the comic book shop. It's good to know there's still some justice in this world.

It is for me. For me specifically. They must've announced it as a late birthday gift.

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  5. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

awesome!