1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Another Royalty From Straw Hat Crew?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Johannes, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Johannes

Expand Collapse

It is a well known fact that the Straw Hat's have a Royalty member in their crew which is Vinsmoke Sanji of the Germa Kingdom. But what if there is another member born from Royalty?

[​IMG]
    Here is the Possible members who are born from Royalty:

1. Monkey D. Luffy
    2. Roronoa Zoro
    3. Nami
    4. Nico Robin
    5. Brook

Monkey D. Luffy - Possibly! Family background is very well known except for his Mother (which could be a royalty) Grandfather Monkey D. Garp is a Vice-Admiral and Hero of the Marines, Father Monkey D. Dragon is the World's Most Wanted Man and Leader of Revolutionary Army, 2 Adoptive brothers Portgas D. Ace 2nd Division Commander of Whitebeard Pirates and Sabo Revolutionary Army Chief of Staff and Adopted Mother Curly Dadan Mountain Bandit Boss. Only few hints of luffy's mother.

Oda speaking about Luffy’s mom in an interview: (Source)

“D: What is Luffy’s mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby?

O: I think she’s alive. I’m still thinking hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she’ll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There’s no way that she’s a beautiful mother. She’s got this typical middle-aged woman’s permed hair. Speaking of families, I did a backstory for Nico Robin and her family. That was actually the first time for me to draw a mother in a character’s memory. Up until that point, I’d never drawn a blood relation. In Chopper’s case, he’s called a son even though he’s not blood-related. So I’ve put in a message there saying that you can still call someone who’s not related by blood your family.”

In SBS volume 44, we had this question about Luffy’s parents.

“D: Oda!! I have a serious question. Won’t you draw Luffy’s parents? -Mr. Uni – 16 Years Old

O: His parents… they’ve already been drawn. They’ll appear in the next volume. Look forward to it ~”

Roronoa Zoro - High Possibility! Family background Unknown.

Nami - High Possibility! Family background War orphan, Adopted mother Bell-mère and Nojiko non-biological older sister.

Nico Robin - Possibly! Family background Mother Nico Olivia Archaeologist of Ohara. Father Unknown (could be royalty).

Brook - Possibly! Family background Unknown.

I only pick this 5 members as they still have some unknown and mysterious family background than the other members, which some of them or not could be of Royalty.

What DO you think? :coffeepal:

2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Personally i hope none of them have blue blood. It makes the story of random people getting together and forming a family better.

Hallowed King and Johannes like this.
  3. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Oda pretty much never really told us about the exact background of the characters (like those you mentioned above) and also Dragon (the second most mysterious to me after Vegapunk). I believed that he'd eventually let us get a glimpse of their stories, but now that One Piece is gradually nearing the end, I'm not sure if we'd ever get to see them.

Anyway, I've always liked the theory of Luffy's mother being a Tenryuubito (this gives a good a reason for Dragon to build the RA) I'd be disappointed if his mother was no one important. And, not sure about the rest, but I think Brook might be from a prominent family (not royal though) because of his appearance; he dresses well, like a wealthy person, and the way he sips his tea and play music.... lol idk he just seems elegant to me.

4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

As If Floridians Get Cold (cause it's so hot)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It would get a little redundant if everyone was aristocratic, but it would make sense for Brook to have palace connections (it just feels right).

5. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I saw the picture and genuinely thought you were going to say Chopper was royalty - that would have been a ride

As for the members you’ve suggested:

1. Luffy - his family are already notorious, making them royals as well wouldn’t really make much difference at all

2. Zoro - I doubt it, given his demeanour, behaviour and mannerisms.

3. Nami - What royal family abandons their baby? In a war situation, the royal family would be the priority for protection - it’s super unlikely that they’d leave their baby lying around like that

4. Robin - see: Luffy

5. Brook - He’s the most likely but again I think it’s a long shot. He might have had royal connections, perhaps as a protector or attendant to a royal, but I don’t see him being royal himself.

6. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

First time posting on here,

I agree with Marco Polo, with Brook being the only potential contender. Also if you value the work Oda has done in creating a somewhat ever evolving manga, re-using material like that isn't really his style.

Johannes, Grin and Chaudfontaine like this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The biggest thing is their upbringing. Even if they had a freewill personality (like Sanji), the lack of "proper" mannerisms means they were likely of common/normal upbringing. Brook is the closest, but his role in the military is still far from being a royal. The closest thing is the twist for Luffy's mom, but that's a whole separate issue.

Johannes and Hallowed King like this.
  8. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I'd prefer to believe that Luffy's mom is either a figure of notoriety or a simple island girl. Would you agree ?

9. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

There is a high hope that we might see Zoro's Family in Wano Country. Am pretty sure his parents are also equally bad ass :)

Johannes likes this.
  10. Johannes

Expand Collapse

that would be awesome indeed! :cool:

11. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The island from wich Zoro comes from, resembles wano(or japan) so the founder of the villages there might originally come from wano. I actually would love to learn more about the families of Zoro,Nami and Brook.

Johannes likes this.
  12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I would have agreed before Oda's former editors leaked the original plan. Assuming Oda doesn't make changes for the worse (like WCI), it will be something much better. Contextually, probably doesn't come up until the final war (I would assume a big family reunion between Luffy, Garp, and Dragon).

13. Johannes

Expand Collapse

lets just ALL (is it just me or are some of you are with me) hope that Oda sensei would also make a back story from the other members family background! it would be really unfair from the others.

Hallowed King likes this.
  14. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

That would be great, there will definitely be an evolution with regards to Luffy and Dragon. Do you think that his mum is still alive somewhere and will return at some point?

Johannes likes this.
  15. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Yep his mother is still alive but only has a few hints of her whereabouts! (you can also check the hints that I mentioned on my first post) :smile:

16. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

Ah okay, well hopefully she shows up at one point, as I think Wano might be one of the last big arcs

Johannes likes this.
  17. Johannes

Expand Collapse

I was thinking of Luffy vs Marineford 2 arc or Luffy vs Blackbeard arc, this 2 upcoming arc would be big as well!

18. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I can only think of Luffy or Nami being the closest of being ones.

Luffy's mother is quite suspicious and might have the "opposite side" blood with him. Nami, on the other hand, we don't know her origins other than being a war survivor so there's a possibility that she's from a fleeing/escaping royal family.

About Brook, he was once a high-ranking armed forces official of a country. We have yet to see someone who is a member of a royal family leading the armed forces so he's quite unlikely to be one.

Johannes likes this.
  19. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I feel like adding something like royal blood to Luffy is a bit overkill, considering his dad's family, sabo and ace are/were so prolific. Then Nami hasn't had any hint or indication toward that. We'll most likely find out about Zoro's past next. Which I hope does him justice

20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

As a fan, I can definitely agree that I would want more content once the story finishes, but Oda has said he is going to just move onto his next project (he was thinking a mecha manga a while back, so might have changed). Considering his family is growing, maybe he stops work for a while.

If anything, we probably get some sort of spin off by a different mangaka.
    Personally, I lean towards the mystery mother being deceased already. Oda always has drama surrounding mother figures, but that unconditional love is something that is pretty much universally touching (I can't think of a protagonist mother figure that didn't have hardships). The only one alive is the old mermaid Kokoro, but she had to live through a life of prejudice/being hunted (even if she is the only ugly mermaid of the series) prior to the crap the Government brought to Tom. Not going to say too much since it would spoil the twist.
    I've always argued that there is no room for this (especially if Oda is truly condensing the series). Koshiro already takes the place of his "parents" in the plot (just like Bellemere for Nami). There is not emotional attachment to their true parents, and contextually they are just commoners (the answer to the original thread topic). If the blood parents come up, they either have to be powerhouses (impossible contextually) or highly influential (also highly unlikely for everyone other than Luffy) in order to have a place in the story. The Vinsmoke family was an original part of the 5 year manga plan, which is why it fulfills both categories.

Just like the first part of this post, we of course want the content as fans, but at this point the story already has most of the puzzle pieces in place. Changing anything is going to contradict something already presented.