1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Aokiji stronger than Akainu

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by AkagamiNoFaisal, Aug 31, 2014.

1. AkagamiNoFaisal

Expand Collapse

The immediate thought is Akainu beat Aokiji so Akainu's stronger but I believe Aokiji ranks higher than Akainu in the one piece character pecking order in terms of strenght. Although Luffy beat enel there's no doubt that enels the stronger character luffy only won due to his immunity to enels lighting ( Oda stated that if Enel was a pirate his bounty would exceed 500 million B ) but even with that disadvantage enel couldn't last a day battling luffy but Aokiji even with his DF disadvantage (magma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ice) he managed to last 10 whole days and Akainu barely escaped death himself although Aokiji lost by the smallest margin I think Aokijis stronger for the reasons stated above.

What'd you think. Who's stronger?

Okama Wayy likes this.
  2. KonradZuse

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Enel was ONLY strong due to his df power, as well as his observer haki.

Bounties DO NOT = strength.

Look at any Warlord and this proves true.

Look at Crocodile @ 90 million beri.

Bounties are set based on what you do.

Kidd's bountry was higher than Luffy's only because he was known tio pillage, rape, and burn towns.

He wasn't a kind Pirate like Luffy.

Granted Luffy did things that should have made his bounty much higher, I think the WG is trying to not make him that big of a deal by upping his bounty every time....

Speaking of bounties, 400 million beri Luffy (Post Time Skip) would RAPE Enel.

Even pre-timeskip Luffy might have shit on him, and I mean just with skills, and not df abiltiies.

Remember, Enel really had no skills. He just sat around shokcing people with his df.

Akoiji could be stronger, but who says his df is weaker?

Yeah Magma is hot, but can it be frozen?

3. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I always thought aokiji let akainu win :P

4. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think so. I think they tried to depict they were both of equal strength.
    I know what you mean about Magama vs Ice (Hard habbit from Pokemon), but in OP case, I think Magma and Ice are suppose to be complete opposites and so cancel each other out.

Magma should be able to melt Ice, BUT...
    Ice should also be able to cool Magma.

5. kazuko.i

falling star
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

10 days of fight already shows they're equal, then why Akainu finally won? I think they made a deal.

6. RedFlag

Expand Collapse

Where did you see this information?

7. KonradZuse

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I mean just by the nature of pirates... Not that Oda would say uit in a kid friendly OP world :P.

8. RedFlag

Expand Collapse

Yea thats a harsh word for OP world.
    I didnt write my opinion about main subject. After 10 days of battle akainu win and aokiji lost. They fight 1 vs 1 in same conditions so if you gona compare them, akainu is stronger.
    What you think is magma is hotter than fire and ice match to fire so magma wins over ice. In my opinion both fire and magma same against ice in op world.
    When akainu killed Ace i wish he die because he didnt enter logia form to protect luffy to stop akainus fist. But Oda explained his death with akainu is hotter. If Ace is in logia form then how can he stop akainus fist? It doesnt matter hot or cold if you want to stop a fist you have to do it with your real body. whatever, in this kind of situations i dont understand mechanics logia.

9. Lawliet

Expand Collapse

I think Akainu is just a little better than Aokiji because he have advantage of his df.
    Akainu vs block of ice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPzZmoHwt4
    Of corse Aokiji should be able to froze magma but he won`t be able to froze Akainu because he can unfreeze himself very easy.Another disadvantage is the fact that he have to touch the object who want to froze and Akainu is made from Magma so he can melt Aokiji and if Aokiji is melting he can only use haki to protect himself,he can try to froze Akainu with Ice Ball but won`t work ==> Aokiji is better in terms of haki than Akainu.

10. FrankyGaon15

The Barbarian
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

akainu is stronger (definitely after timeskip). oda stated that if akainu was main character of the series with his level of strength that he would find the one piece in only a year. this definitely puts him at yonko level, maybe even higher and is also prime candidate for final villain of the series and in my opinion will be the one to take down blackbeard. when you look at their fight from objective view points its clear to see that akainu has the advantage on devil fruits, but the fact that aokiji was able to last 10 days fighting against his weakness could make someone think that he is better combat wise. this is wrong to think. when it comes to the top tier characters in one piece they all specialize in haki and are extremely good at using it, just look at vergo who was no where near their level. so using the logic that the top tiers dont rely on their devil fruit powers you can come to the realization that they were using haki as their main weapon throughout the fight. however dont get me wrong they were using haki mixed with their devil fruit powers as it is obvious they used their powers from the way punk hazard looked after their fight. another reason why i believe akainu is stronger would be cause of the injuries aokiji has whereas akainu seemingly has none

11. maisafie

See you later, space coboy ...
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

12. FrankyGaon15

The Barbarian
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

fair enough, but like i said "seemingly". i personally dont see any injuries on akainu after timeskip and we have seen him in a film and two specials plus a couple of chapters in the manga. remember jinbe didnt watch the fight. when we see him more i the manga then i can make full judgement but as of now aokiji has massive injuries that are clearly visible

13. LoyCa

Expand Collapse

That being said, we can assume that they have major difference in fighting style (dodging, timing, stamina, haki, etc). In the world of OP, you can't rely on DF itself as always mention when you go to new world that you cannot boast and be reckless because you've eaten a DF.

14. Dark Flames

Mechanical Engineer
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think they are equal in strength, but there cant be two fleet admiral so there has to be a winner and a loser. As they are equal, the first one that finds an opening or the opponents weakness is the one that will win. Luffy has beaten guys way stronger than him, but we cant say that luffy was stronger. He just found the weakness and an opening which ended up making him win. :smile:

15. shinsekai

Expand Collapse

btw, if we talk about major injuries, aokiji seems has more injuries than akainu.
    but, whats with Akainu image after time skip, oda still hide his eyes. is akainu get blinded by aokiji?

16. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I like Aokiji, but Akainu is ruthless and can uses any methods to win so he ended up winning the fight.

17. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They are the same. As @"rio poneglyph" pointed out, they fought for 10 days...that alone means they stood on equal ground. They came to agreement.

18. SanjiOP

Expand Collapse

AOKIJI OFCOURSE

19. Okama Wayy

Expand Collapse

Araraaaa....

I'd like to think that Aokiji is stronger because he's one of my top 5 favorite characters my most favorite marinebut to be fair with the discussion, I'm gonna say that Akainu is stronger than Aokiji. But their difference in strength should not be that far or even noticeable...I can't wait to see Aokiji go all out ICEE AGEEE!!!

20. benbankai

Expand Collapse

i feel like even if the ice freezes akainu's lava, lava will just remain as magna and akainu's df powers still somewhat can be used (basically shooting out solids) whereas, aokiji's ice will just evaporate and turn into air. so, even if they might seem evenly matched based on what you said, lava is a tier above "fire." had a been aokiji vs. ace, i think ur case is definitely true. but lava is a level up from fire, which can also be seem with akainu vs ace.