1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Bad Luck

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Edinbour, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Everyone has bad days. Others have bad weeks. Some have bad months. The most unfortunate have bad years.

Myself, I fall under the category of "bad months". For the past 3 years ('16, '17 and '18) my "bad luck month" was always May. Now here in '19, it's without a doubt July. This month has NOT been kind to me. Like, not at all.

Here's the good things that have happened:
    • I got a new job, with great hours, great pay and I absolutely love it.
    That's it. That's the only good thing that has happened this month.

So here's the bad things!
    • Left my last job because the stress was killing me faster than I wanted
    • Had my bike stolen
    • Stepped on a tiny shard of glass (which is still lodged in the heel of my foot)
    • Dropped my phone and cracked the screen
    • Accidentally shut my earbuds in the door and broke 'em
    • While cleaning, backed up too fast and broke a window
    • My phone, laptop and internet have been acting up (on and off)
    • My previous [said] job ripped me off twice. First for $100, then today for about $300
    I'm doing what I can to stay afloat. The only thing I'm behind on is rent, but have been working hard, doing side jobs and might be having a friend move in to help out. I can't lose this place. This month has been a nightmare, and it's only half done.. *sigh*

So! I'm curious. Have any of you ever had a bad luck day, week, month, or even year? Where everything and everything goes wrong? This topic is basically the polar opposite to the "Best Thing Happened Today" Thread and sort of a Sister Thread to the "Thread of Rants" even though that's specifically for ranting. This is more about past (or present) bad luck experiences.

Hope you all have a great weekend. We just gotta stay positive, even in the darkest of times because things will work out :)

2. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Hope that you're already doing good by now @Edinbour!

I wanted to share all the bad luck that I experienced in my life. But thought that the thread might come out as super negative and dark, like a horror house in an amusement park. HAHA. So I'll limit them to 3. Here are them:

• My Mom got sick (kidney failure) in 2003. She went with my eldest sister to US to get treated. I haven't seen them (physically) since then. This event basically made me what I am today as I grew up w/o a mother.
    • I'm 27 and I'm broke. Like, really. The bank's been calling me non-stop everyday due to my loans. I can't really pay all of my bills. I'm living paycheck to paycheck. I don't have any savings. I believe I'm in what they call "The Quarter Life Crisis". I've been dealing with this for months now.
    • Super recent event - my Dad got hospitalized yesterday. I don't want to go into details but that was something that we were unprepared. Good thing he has a health card so everything's been taken care of.

Despite everything that has happened, I am still positive. Besides, there are still a lot of things to be thankful about. I try to focus on the good things every now and then just to get my mind off of the bad luck.

That's all. I hope everyone is doing good. :)

Edinbour likes this.
  3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

That's the spirit! Just gotta stay positive, as things always get better :)

Cleand likes this.
  4. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

my problems are relativly not as great as the rest here, which I am greatfull for, but I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks/months.

Edinbour likes this.
  5. Marco Polo

「MISTA TWELVE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

when i think of bad luck i think of running out of toilet paper when you’re mid-wipe, not the catastrophes mentioned in this thread

hope things get better for you guys!

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

My laudry basket was full, so I left my apartment to book a laudry turn. But right after I had locked the door, I noticed that I had left my keys inside the apartment...

So I hadn't choice but call real estate management to get the door open. I waited almost a hour in the hall before a worker of the management came. After opening the door, I got a bill. I felt myself a little bit frustrated after this event.

7. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Yikes. Sorry to hear about that. Back in '07 I was quite attracted to this girl and picking her up on our first date, I locked my keys in the car.. I had to have my father bring me the spare to unlock it. Talk about embarrassingly bad luck! :P

Dreamer likes this.
  8. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

i am failing catastrophically on academic level and it gets in my head. not really bad luck but bad nonetheless.
    will have to work without diploma to keep up. sadlaif.

9. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

When I graduated university, I moved in with my mom to help her out/be close to her. She lost her job after some drama went down so I took a second one at Starbucks in addition to my full time desk job, to try to help make ends meet. I was working 60+ hours a week with no days off and zero social life. It still wasn’t enough to really cover things. On a rare Friday evening that I felt I deserved a break, I accepted an invitation from my supervisor at Starbucks to go out to the club. So I worked both jobs, went home, changed clothes, went to the club (a popular rave one) where I had a fantastic time dancing the night away and drinking only water—partaking of zero drugs. Then I came home, cleaned my bathroom so as not to upset my mother, showered and changed for work. I worked my shift at Starbucks but had to stay late, much to my mother’s chagrin because she called and was upset about needing me home for some reason. Alas, when I did leave, I decided to NOT speed, as was generally my custom. Thus, I fell asleep behind the wheel and totaled the car just a few blocks from the house by crashing it into a tree. Luckily I was pretty much unharmed, thanks, according to the paramedics to my being asleep. They didn’t, however, want to believe that I wasn’t or hadn’t been under the influence of anything based upon the residual glitter in my hair and the fact that I’d been at the particular venue the night before. So yeah, that was how I learned that I wasn’t entitled to any fun when I was supposed to be working/supporting the family. Or maybe the lesson was that I should’ve just broken the speed limit and been home before I fell asleep?

10. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

I fixed my tub and light, only to spill juice on my laptop and break it.. I just can't win.

11. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I had forgotten my phone's PIN number this morning. It took me two hours to finally remember it.

Hopefully nothing else as frustrating as this doesn't happen today.

12. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I’m glad you didn’t get locked out and have your data erased! I hope your day gets better! ^_^

Dreamer likes this.
  13. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I hope same to you and everbody else in this forum :).

Kia likes this.