1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Blackbeard Crew & Devil Fruit Extraction

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Urek Mazino, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Before I start check out @Admiral Ryokugyu theory about BlackBeard https://opforum.net/threads/blackbeards-secret.83499/
    In a way it plays hand in hand.

I don't have much since we haven't seen it happen except I think once. If you remember back during Punk Hazard, Ceasar was able to give Smily the Sara Sara no mi, model: Axolotl. We see towards the end, when Smiley died that his devil fruit went into the nearest apple which happened to be right below him.

We also know Blackbeard an his crew have been traveling the New World searching for and taking Devil Fruits (geez there are a lot more than we thought). On Dressrosa we seen Jesus Burgess try to take the gomu gomu no mi from Luffy.

From seeing Smily an the way his devil fruit did, I believe the secret to how they BB pirates attain devil fruits is that the "soul" of the fruit come out an goes obviously to the nearest fruit. But that the literal soul becomes tangible and goes to said fruit. However, I also believe you do not need the actual fruit to gain the powers. I couldn't imagine the BB pirates always attacking someone with an apple or orange on hand. If I also remember right it has to go to the nearest fruit of the same kind it was. For example Kakus fruit was a banana and Buggys was a pineapple. They'll always be that. I believe they can literally eat the soul of the fruit an gain it. We know their are inanimate objects, animals & live experiments who have gained devil fruit powers
    However, I believe that the soul is invisible. By surrounding it with darkness it becomes visible and tangible. This would be why Blackbeard was covered with a black shroud during Marineford. He was able to see it and either had a fruit of the same kind or he was able to grab it and eat it. I believe they do something similar to everyone who they've taken fruits from. They dont need many sheets as big as Whitebeard so it's much easier to do if they're by themselves.

As I said I do not have much proof besides that little bit and it's just a theory.

2. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#2 Mcguint, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018

Want my thoughts on this?
    - I will talk about every subject you're discussing, and will try to interpret what some things may mean. I believe you have a very good grasp on what those things are doing at a face value, but perhaps lack some understanding where the magical elements meet the scientific ones.

I would like to explain that, if I may.

---

1. The very first thing on my mind for this is... I want to talk about Souls. Does a Fruit have a Soul? If not a Soul, then what?
    - Perhaps... The Voice of All Things? -- The Voice of... Rubber. The Voice of... Elephants: specifically, Mammoths... the Voice of.. the Swamp.. or... the Voice of Poison... and, Hobbies, and Candles, etc., etc.,.

Is that one way to look at it? It is, isn't it?

2. I do believe Blackbeard understands the mechanics behind Devil Fruit extractions, and he is using that to obtain a crew with very suitable Devil Fruit abilities for them. Blades just happen to be a suitable weapon for killing others because sometimes you can't just strangle a dude or punch them to death like Burgess wanted to-- a clean kill. (Burgess might have believe it would be easier to try to kill Luffy if he had a blade since Luffy is immune to most types of physical strikes [blunt attacks]).

3. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting theory you've got there. It can explain why did BB cover WB's body and also how DFs work after their user is dead.

Well... I don't have much to say since there is not so many evidences to argue about. But indeed your theory is possible and based on facts ( Though there are not so many)

Urek Mazino likes this.
  4. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Souls may not be a good way to put it but that's why I put the 1st use of it in quotations. I don't believe it's a soul as in the sense of someone's being. But I think of it as the literal aspect of the fruit whatever it is made of that makes it the fruit. Since they said eating 2 would cause the devils to fight an explode I think of it similar to the actual devil that they said. Whether it was literal or figuratively that's the aspect I mean whatever makes the gomu gomu no mi itself or the pika pika, etc etc.

I can almost say 100% that Blackbeard understands the mechanis behind DF. He has the encyclopedia while on WB ship, knew how to wait an find the yami yami no mi, knows how to obtain 2 devil fruits (granted this seems to be physiology of his body more than a method), knows how to extract the "soul" just mentioned to gather multiple ones for his crew. The only person who may be even close is Vegapunk.

5. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Thank you. I will have to look into more things to add some proof. I will have to reread a lot but once I do, I will provide most of my theories has some evidence this is one of mine that has almost none.

Behnam likes this.
  6. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting theory. Would indeed make BB & crew getting all the DF's so much more easier.
    Maby there's a ''cheat'' that makes that possible to get the 'soul' like that of the DF.
    Blackbeard having the darkness DF and not using it while having a big shroud covering the body is interesting too. Why dosent he just use his DF if darkness is only needed.
    Anyway, I hope we will know more of this.

7. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

You mean.. hmm.

So, you didn't answer my question.
    - Is it reasonable to assume it is, "Voices". Each and every one derived of, "The Voice of All Things".

Yes/no?

8. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

I wll say yes cause I feel were both thinkin the same and have the same premise but are using different terms. Honestly I like your voice of all things concept better than souls. It uses a already established concept that holds a lot of evidence more than souls which seemed to be more of a figure of speech than actual devil's in the fruit

9. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Thank you. I honestly want to know where BB knew this stuff from. I'm sure the encyclopedia just mentions which devil fruit is which. I'm highly doubt it teaches you how to extract DF from others.

Storm chaser likes this.
  10. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

That question lead us to an inconclusive answer. Didn't it? A, "Voice"?
    - What exactly is a Voice, then... ?

Well, let me talk about what Zoro said while fighting Daz Bones...

Daz Bones: Impossible.. even after that, he's still standing... how did you evade the falling rocks!?
    Zoro: ……….. evade all of them?
    Zoro: No...
    Zoro: It's because I knew they wouldn't land on me.
    *Zoro thinking, "My sword... it's under that rock... I know it!"
    Daz Bones: What are you doing now?
    *I've had this feeling before, too. Everything is quiet. Except my heartbeat, which is so loud, I am near death's border.*
    *The falling rocks had a sense of life to them. Not life, I would call it... BREATHING.*
    *The breath of those rocks...*
    *The trees... they are breathing as well."
    *Even the land is.*
    !!!
    *Is this the meaning?*

---

I would argue a, "Voice" is... energy inside of things, in a somewhat loose definition.

Then, what type of energy goes into all things? I'll answer this one. It's Primordial Energy (energy which existed before and during the creation of the universe).

11. Buggy D. Clown

Expand Collapse

I still prefer the theory of @Fire_Fist_Recca. He said that the devil fruit is not eaten and it is stored in one of blackbeard's rings.

12. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Well the voice seems to be an actual thing. As in voice of all things. Roger crew couldnt read ponoglyphs but he could hear the "voice" of them. Luffy an the samurai kid both have it. They can literally hear a voice of things. That's why I said it could go hand in hand with a soul. It seems lots of living thing in OP universe have a "living conscience" of some sort. They're not alive but they have this essence to them as if they are. Their meaning is able to be heard.

It could very well be primordial energy that gave everything a living essence to it almost like a soul. Its living but it's not.

13. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

C
    Can you link me to this havent seen it.

14. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maby he found out about it before joining any crew. Like as a kid or something. He said the only reason he joined the Whitebeard pirates was, because he tought that crew would likely find darkness DF.

15. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

We may find out a lot about this when his arc comes up. We know nothing about BB besides being on WB crew an in Jaya. We got a few chapters over big moms background I'm sure Oda will do it for all the Yonko because we know nothing about them.

16. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#16 Mcguint, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Well...

Hahaha

Voices...

If I gave you my explanation on what they are, you wouldn't believe me anyway.
    - I think it's electromagnetic radiation.

But, if you do want my explanation.. you will have it.

17. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Oda is keeping BB's secret's to himself. I think we will get to know more about him with time, but the backstory will probally only come when the manga is near it's end, or the big fight between Luffy & BB.

18. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

I think it will be either the beginning of his arc, before him and Luffy fight or in the middle of it. Unless shanks or someone mentions it. Seems they have a history so i wouldn’t be surprised if he knows. I honestly think that’s who he is talking to the gorosei about

19. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. When we meet Marco, he might tell some things too if we get lucky, or if it becomes relevant to the arc. Ace will pop up in the Wano arc. So maby BB will too.

Tough, it is possible there is someone who knows how he is doing it, but isint saying anything. He got the knowlege from somewhere, others might too.

20. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Now that you say that it may be Marco not Shanks. We are getting Ace background in Wano it’s been confirmed.

Truthfully I’m sure he didn’t just experiment or find out by himself. Someone definitely knows but isn’t saying anything.