1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Blackbeard's secret

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Admiral Ryokugyu, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone

Today I'm gonna tell you what I think regarding Blackbeard's mystery. How was he able to eat 2 Devil Fruits and stay alive ? As you know, Teach has eaten both Yami Yami no Mi ( fruit of darkness, logia), and Gura Gura no Mi ( fruit of earthquakes, paramecia ).

There are 2 known theories about this subject, but it's very easy to prove that both of them are incorrect.

The first one says that it's a special ability of the Yami Yami no Mi, which lets him eat a second Devil Fruit. The second theory says that Teach had eaten a Devil Fruit even before the Yami Yami no Mi, which is the Mythical Zoan that makes him transform into a Cerberus ( a three headed creature ) and thus Teach can eat a Devil Fruit with each mouth of the three heads. But think about it. The Gorosei themselves said that nobody had EVER eaten two Devil Fruits and stayed alive. These are the guys for whom the hyper-genius Vegapunk works. If there was an exception they would have known it. They were puzzled themselves for what Teach did, because no one can ever eat 2 Devil Fruits, as they said. Now if Teach had that Mythical Zoan fruit, he would die as soon as he eats the Yami Yami no Mi because it's still the same body. As Jabura from the CP9 said in Enies Lobby, eating 2 Devil Fruits is impossible because it will make one's body explode. Same thing if it was a special ability of the Yami Yami no Mi. It's still the same body so it would explode, or at least the Gorosei would know about it. Do you really think that Teach would know better than the Gorosei and Vegapunk ? Of course not.

Well, I think i figured out how Oda got inspired regarding Blackbeard. He was inspired by the real famous ottoman pirates: the Barbarossa brothers, or the Red Beard brothers, Khizir, Isaak, and Arudj.
    Arudsch-barbarossa.jpg

Here's the story: there were 3 brothers Arudj, Khizir and Isaak. Their mother was named Katarina ( same as Blackbeard's crewmate ). The older one, Arudj, was a pirate while his 2 brothers were working with their father. After the father's death, the two brothers joined Arudj and became pirates with him under the Crescent Moon flag. You know what is Catarina Devon from Blackbeard Pirates nicknamed ? the Crescent Moon Hunter.
    Catarina_devon-1-.jpg
    Blackbeard has 3 guns. Blackbeard Pirates flag features 3 skulls, and we all know that a pirate flag describes the captain.
    Blackbeard_Pirates'_Jolly_Roger.png
    Look at the DeCalvan Brothers flag for instance. It has 2 skulls, because the captains are twin brothers.

You remember when Luffy, Zoro, and Nami encountered Blackbeard in Jaya ? Look what Luffy and Zoro said to Nami when she told them that HE might know the way to Skypiea:

photo-31.png

Here's another version:

yYeuRlr.png

You remember when Luffy met Blackbeard in Impel Down ? Teach told him that " his haki has improved since the last time they met ". Have you ever thought about what the hell did Teach mean by that ? I mean the two never fought before, so how could he know if Luffy's haki improved or not ? Did he mean Armament Haki ? Of course not, because Yami Yami no Mi is the only Logia that you don't need haki to hit its user. That's what Teach called its weak point. So no point in saying that either. So here's the answer: Blackbeard was talking about Luffy's Observation Haki, because that's how Luffy and Zoro knew, back in Jaya, that Teach is actually more than 1 person.

So here's what i think about Blackbeard's secret: Teach has 2 twin brothers. They are 3 in total. When he ate the Yami Yami no Mi, he was joined by his 2 brothers ( Barbarossa parallelism ). Teach used the ability of his fruit to " hide " his brothers inside him, that's why they covered him before eating Whitebeard's fruit. He had to let his brother out to eat the devil fruit. When you saw Blackbeard in Marineford with 2 different powers in each hand, the hand that used Whitebeard's ability wasn't actually Teach's hand. It was his brother's. Teach used Yami Yami no Mi to pull his hand inside him, and let out his brother's hand. If you think that Teach uses a different Devil Fruit with each half of his body, i'm gonna prove you wrong:

marshall_d__teach_by_wolowizzard-d37rksv.png
    Teach has the Gura Gura power is his right hand. Yami Yami in his left hand.
    Now look at this:

Screenshot_2018-06-04-13-58-24.png
    The Yami Yami is now in his right hand, and he uses Gura Gura with his left hand.

Now look at Blackbeard's right hand :
    Screenshot_2018-06-04-13-16-23.png

And compare it to this one:

Screenshot_2018-06-04-13-16-04.png

The rings in his right hand disappeared.

Now have we ever seen the face of Teach's twin brother ? I really can't tell, but if we actually did, he would be this one:

eOI4aVE.png

Teach has missing teeth. This one hasn't.

So here's the conclusion: with the power of his fruit of Darkness, Teach hides his 2 twin brothers inside his body. Darkness has no limits, he can pull his hand or leg or head inside and let out his brother's hand or leg or head. They covered him in Marineford because he had to let his brother out to eat the fruit, and he didn't want people finding out about his secret. Teach ate the strongest Logia. His brother ate the strongest Paramecia. Now there's the third brother left, and he'll probably eat the strongest Mythical Zoan. As for how he could get the Gura Gura no Mi, easy. You just need to have a normal fruit with you ( apple for example ) while you're standing next to the dying person. The devil will possess the normal fruit you have and there you go, you've got that person's Devil Fruit ( like we saw in Punk Hazard with Smiley's fruit ).

Thanks for reading, i hope i didn't waste your time.

Kia, Yamanoki, Polybotes and 22 others like this.
  2. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Magnificent! Great and with no problem. One of the most perfect theories that I've read until now. There is nothing wrong with this theory as I see. Good job man! You revealed the Oda's secret!

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  3. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I must tell...this one is the best one regarding blackbeard and 2 DF

4. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This really means a lot. Thank you so much. I almost pulled an all nighter writing this and i guess it paid off.

ZakNik likes this.
  5. Deathbloke

one unlucky bastard
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait to watch your theory at that fucker's YouTube channel :P
    I'm kidding, this was great^^

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

LMFAO he'll copy this too i'm sure about that

Deathbloke likes this.
  7. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

You should bookmark this theory for when blackbeard's secret is revealed. In my opinion this is a strong contender & something that really could make sense.

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Haha yeah great idea, thanks for reading man

9. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I like this.

10. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

This is probably the best theory I've seen. I always believed in the Cerberus theory so I'm glad to see it may be true.

Are there other panels with blackbeards teeth changed?

11. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think yes. I'll try to find more. thanks for reading :D

12. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Blackbeard didn't suck your keyboard into a black hole after all.
    Your theory is good but i don't think he has that Cerberus DF.
    That Zoan DF won't allow him to have alter egos,it would transform his appearance into the guardian dog of Hades (Cerberus).
    Zoan DFs only boost physical power and resistance in the body of the user,Zoan is the best DF for close combat,Rob Lucci said that once.
    Blackbeard seems to be really weak to physical damage so it's unlikely for him to have a Zoan DF,Luffy used a more powerfull attack than Jet Bazzoka to beat Minotaurus and did less damage than BB.
    A Jet Bazzoka is a weak attack and did lots of damage on BB at Impel Down.
    In my opinion,he ate Yami Yami no Mi and then he absorved Gura Gura no Mi from WB's dead body because it's a unique ability of Yami Yami no Mi.
    It was great to read your theory.
    Zehahahahahaha!

13. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

Awesome! To throw another thing in I believe if Luffy & co. Defeat Kaido in Wano I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes his DF, whatever it is an that will complete it. Granted Kaido has to die but I'm honestly sure at this point when he gets defeated he will die since that's pretty much been his dream. BB will show up an probably have a quick fight with Luffy like Impel down an then they will escape barely.

14. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow. this was a really, really awsome theory. Thers been so many theories about Blackbeard, but this takes the cake.

It explains so much of how he can do things. Ive been thinking if he was a cerberus, like you said, but they still would have the same body. Which is a problem.
    If he has 2 other people inside him, then that isint a problem. Cause it isint the same body.

Admiral Ryokugyu and Behnam like this.
  15. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

But i never said that Blackbeard has the Cerberus DF. In fact i proved that theory wrong.

KKG likes this.
  16. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

@Storm chaser @Admiral Ryokugyu

It must be uncomfortable for the twins right? Living inside yami yami no mi means they reside in total darkness. What do you think ?

17. amuitatuseru

Expand Collapse

Astounding. No theory has taken my eyes yet so intense as yours. It may be very well because blackbeard himself is an intriguing subject, but then again, the plot you described is amazingly attractive. I could say one thing tho.... out of all the possible scenarios that led to BB being able to own 2 df powers I kind of wish there would be a much more satisfying true scenario. I mean , blackbeard is always a coward as he is, so him having yet another 2 beings that help him would make him even more pathetic

GoldenVenus and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  18. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for the feedback !

Yeah at first it seems weird but Oda will find a way to make it sound logical, like he always do.

19. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dude,beautiful,just beautiful.The idea I had suggested about BB in an old theory of mine was that he absorbed his brother physically while still in his mother's womb (special body) and mainly disagreed with the opinion that his dual wielding ability came from the Yami-Yami no mi.Your idea combines both the fruit and the "special body" that Marco mentions,I quite like that.The thing that I don't agree with is Luffy's and Zoro's observation at Jaya.I really do think that they simply commented on BB's crew being at Jaya too.As for the haki,the only kind that has been seen to have been felt by others mentally is haoshoku. So either haki levels can be sensed in general (perhaps using observation haki) or BB sensed Luffy's haoshoku .In either way,I don't think Luffy could use observation haki then,even subconsciously.Still though,that's not really all too relevant.

Now,we get to the point that makes this theory one of the very best ones in my opinion,BB's teeth.Most people probably regarded as Oda's drawing "quirk" or something.Hell,I think even the One Piece wiki says so.But you interpreted in an entirely different way,beautiful,just beautiful.Perhaps it may seem obvious after someone points it out,but this point was huge in my opinion,the cornerstone of the whole theory.The teeth,thee rings,and an explanation that combines the special body with the Yami-Yami fruit,simply excellent.I like this so much,that if Oda doesn't make things happen that way,I'll most likely be disappointed,honestly.Looking forward to your work was worth it,excellent theory.

GoldenVenus and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  20. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A nice theory indeed. The parallels between Blackbeard and the Barbossa brothers are very good points, and I'm certain that Oda uses many different cultures as inspirations. However, concerning the Jaya scene, Luffy and Zoro were referring to Blackbeard's crew as "they," as Luffy met with Doc Q and Burgess beforehand, and could tell there was some connection between them. Besides that, why would Teach's brothers allow themselves to assimilate with him for his own greedy desires? Were they with him while he was on Whitebeard's crew? It also doesn't matter which hand Teach's powers have their abilities on, as it wasn't confirmed that his Tremor powers would remain on his right and Darkness on the left. As for the filled teeth and missing rings, those might just be cosmetic mistakes.

But those are just my thoughts. I think your theories are something that makes me happy that the OP community has such active members.