1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  4. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!
  5. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  6. Vote now for the Monthly PAW October 2019!

Boku no Hero Academia 215

Discussion in 'Past Chapters & Episodes' started by Zeek, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

2. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I'm going to be the one to start creating these threads consistently. I just need the rest of you to become more active with these chapters! BnHA is slowly becoming a Top 3 like Bleach and Naruto were.

• Page 1 - It seems like Horikoshi likes to remind us that we're being told this entire story by Midoriya as he reflects on his own past
    • Page 2 - I wonder why All Might never came close to accessing the previous powers? He seems very surprised.
    • Page 3 - I really wanted Midoriya to reassure Shinso that he wasn't bluffing and then I remembered you can't answer him! Yes, Horikoshi does an excellent job following the rules of his world. It wouldn't make much sense for Deku's new quirk to work flawlessly without any trade off; especially with it being his first time using it properly.
    • Page 4 - see in the non-official release it didn't go into the fact that he doesn't think he'll be able to use Black-Whip until he's mastered OfA. Makes sense but it's sad knowing we won't really see it much until then. We can't even use 20% consistently yet!
    • Page 5 - Uraraka is mad thicc
    • Page 6 - Uraraka being smart and tough. Easily best girl. She's made the turn that Hinata needed to make in Naruto but a lot sooner!
    • Page 7 - Captain Copycat is actually a pretty tough opponent!
    • Page 8 - Shinso is going to be Midoriya's eraser head but with a way better relationship between the two. If this wasn't already apparent. He's very smart and capable! I think the better he gets with binding cloths the more dangerous he'll be.
    • Page 9 - how was the twin impact so delayed I wonder?
    • Page 10 - maybe I'm just too harsh to gag characters but Mineta just isn't class 1A material IMHO.
    • Page 11 - Deku looks like he's about to carry the team on his back.
    • Page 12 - Uraraka's hand-to-hand skills are simply legit. BEST GIRL.
    • Page 13 - I hope this signals the end of this battle. These fights have been fun but they've also felt slow. Seems like an arc that when reread will be awesome. However, right now reading it week-to-week, it's felt a bit slow paced.
    Good chapter! Hoping this series has a One Piece like longevity.

3. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Uraraka is def this fight’s MVP, I like the growth she’s gotten in the past few chapters.

As for Deku... Mr. Quirk notebook is going to have to go to the stationery store methinks. He’s already got a surprisingly good handle on Black Whip, even at reduced power - is it a case of him being quick on the uptake, or is OfA itself “showing” him how to use it?

4. Ebony Rustle

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Monoma explained the trick to it actually. Assuming Twin Impact operates in a mark-and-trigger style, mister copycat can choose to hit first (thus marking the target), switch to another copied quirk without removing the mark, then later on switch back to Twin Impact in order to trigger the 2nd hit.

- - - - -​

As for the revelations regarding One-For-All, I discussed it with my friend recently, and I later came up with this theory (I dunno if this is original but whatever): Deku is the only OfA user so far to have access to past quirks, and its all thanks to All Might.

The main requirement for accessing past quirks is to first cultivate or master OfA's core ability, which is to stockpile power. The mistake that previous OfA users probably had was that they treated the stockpiling as a secondary ability that only served to boost their original quirks (e.g. normal Black Whip -> super Black Whip). Up until it reached All Might, the stockpiling ability was never really maxed out separately to 100%, so the previous users then had no means to tap past quirks, let alone see the vestiges. All Might then came in, originally quirkless, and had no choice but to master the stockpiling. With OfA's stockpiling having already reached peak form, passing it to Deku automatically gave him a free ticket. In other words, he no longer needs to grow the tree in order to reach the clouds; he just needs to climb it.

5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Yes! She's been absolutely awesome without saying much. Horikoshi handles female characters better than most Shonen mangaka. Again, yes, I think that his analytical nature makes him the perfect one to tap into new powers. Definitely want to see some notebooks getting holes burned through them.

Makes sense on both points.
    I hadn't thought about the previous users not attempting to tap into the 100% and it's likely their 100% was so much weaker in the earlier iterations so they didn't see the training as valuable. Like you said, they used it as a supplement and not as the main course. Our boy Deku is going to be utterly broken (OP) by the time this series ends. Definitely will help him be more versatile than the "punch it in the face" philosophy One for All encourages.