1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  4. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!
  5. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  6. Vote now for the Monthly PAW October 2019!

Boku No Hero Academia Chapter 213

Discussion in 'Past Chapters & Episodes' started by miss_SMP, Jan 18, 2019.

1. miss_SMP

Kahel
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

I think it's cool that Deku can learn how to use the quirks of previous One for All users. He deserves it a lot imo! Maybe it's a bit op but i think it will take a while until he can actually use the abilities properly and mtly guess is also that he might lose control again when he tries to train those abilities i also think this could be a good reason for Shinso to join Class A because if Deku loses control he is the one who can stop him (and Eraserhead as well i guess).
    But I wonder if All Might was able to use the other Quirks as well or if Deku is special in that aspect. On the one side it would make Deku unique and different from All Might but on the other side but on the other side it would give him the potential to be much more overpowered than All Might already was and I'm not sure of I'd like that. So either he could use them too when he was still in his prime or he doesn't even know about those quirks.
    I also feel bad for Kacchan because he's probably gonna be left behind ability wise, he'll be really pissed! XD

3. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

I’ve seen people online who are upset about this One For All development saying “oh but Horikoshi should have hinted at this earlier instead of pulling it out at random like this”

He did. There are probably multiple examples, but the one that sticks out to me is when Bakugo and Todoroki are playing with those kids with strong quirks to get their Hero License - they stated then that quirks are continually evolving as generations pass, and as different quirks begin to “mix”, kids are born with stronger and stronger quirks. Hell, Todoroki’s family are an example of this - why do you think Endeavour went through so much trouble to produce Shoto’s exact quirk?

When we were introduced to One For All, All Might said it was a power that one cultivates and then passes on - i.e. a power that evolves. Even though Deku gaining a whole arsenal of quirks is sudden, it’s not unexpected. Obviously this evolution is the most significant in terms of strength increase, but in all honesty I don’t think it’s THAT shocking. I kind of like this as a future plot point as well - Deku meeting the ghosts of One For All past should give us some interesting quirks and some quirky characters. And we might meet Nana Shimura as well, exciting.

From what Hellboy is saying, the quirk is only starting to evolve now - meaning All Might “only” had the strength-boosting part of One For All. But then, All Might seems to be kind of an anomaly by himself since he could just use 100% of the power from the get-go.

miss_SMP likes this.
  4. miss_SMP

Kahel
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I actually really like the turn of events.. It makes Deku's life more interesting. Reminds me of Recca (Flame of Recca), he was just a simple flame user but then near the middle of the story we found out that there are more to his flame (many persons in it too)

This will make his growth more challenging and interesting. We still have lots of question about the technicalities, as long as it can be explained properly and atleast justified, I'm good with it. :)

5. b34r2013

Expand Collapse

agreed. actually horikoshi has done more than just hint about OfA's ability to mix with whatever quirk the holder has from the day he revealed that the First's actual quirk was one that let him pass down his powers. If that quirk and the strengthening quirk his brother gave him didn't mix, OfA wouldn't come to existence in the first place.

I think he doesn't even know about them. If i recall correctly so far it's hinted that All Might didn't have much interaction with the previous users. What i understood from his call with Gran Torino is that he never experienced a vision/dream like the one Deku and Nana had.

If he could, wouldn't he use them in his deathmatch with AfO? The first one we learned about is a binding quirk which would be of great help against AfO. I think the only special things Deku has are that a) he was truly quirkless (see below) and b) he's a constant feeling that he's not enough so he always wants to do more.

At first i felt the same way but then i realised that as op as All Might was, he still haven't dealt with AfO permantly. Furthermore, as it was already said, quirks are evolving which means that AfO or his successor has the potential to grow expontentionally stronger given the proper circumstances (with all that power concentrated on one person) and that would require an equally op good guy. So in a way it's almost necessary for Deku (as the MC) to have that potentional...the other reason being that it will prolong the series so more milk out of the cow :P .

From the info given to us so far OfA is getting stronger/evolving with each pass down, it didn't just started evolving now that's why i lean more towards the fact that each OfA user had the potentional to unlock every quirk but for various reasons they didn't, at least that's what Nana's "it's not time yet" dream hints to. I have started to think that All Might's "anomaly" was actually an endurance/adapting quirk, something that allowed his body to adapt to physical changes (e.g. extreme climates) that wouldn't be noticed otherwise hence that's why he was seen as quirkless.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I mean... we knew this all along right? The wording has always been that the previous users’ abilities were all passed down. Most just assumed it meant strength.

It’s obvious All Might didn’t have this ability. The guy Deku is talking to says the ability is growing and a Deku will be the one to finally access it.

Now, here’s my thought or theory, it’s likely this is necessary due to Deku’s weakness. I don’t think he’s touching 100% anytime soon; so this new ability was a much needed power up.