1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Boku no Hero Academia Season 4

Discussion in 'Boku no Hero Academia' started by Kia, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season
    [​IMG]

Alternative Titles
    English: My Hero Academia 4
    Japanese: 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4thシーズン

Information
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 25
    Aired: Oct 12, 2019 to ?
    Premiered: Fall 2019
    Broadcast: Saturdays at 17:30 (JST)
    Producers: TOHO animation, Shueisha
    Licensors: None found, add some
    Studios: Bones
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Action, Comedy, Super Power, School, Shounen
    Duration: 24 min. per ep.
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

SynopsisFourth season of Boku no Hero Academia.

(Source MAL)

https://sganime.org/category/boku-no-hero-academia-4th-season/

Galkie and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So this was a really heartwarming one in the end but man did I get freaked out and think that Midoriya’s cover was going to be blown already as soon as that reporter started sniffing around. That would’ve really been something. I already had all these scenarios in my head on how it would force him to get stronger, etc. That being said, this way works as well. The fact that it’s privately blown and he’s being called upon to step up to be an inspiration to someone in whose life All Might was so pivotal and who has such an opportunity to ruin him is major. The faith that they have in each other—that’s majorly touching. Ochako’s reaction though—why are you getting so close to my man?! I mean that was basically it—I wanna hug him like that—and you got a picture for later—no fair?! Like good thing the food distracted her lol. Honestly when he was talking to Gran Torino and the mention of All Might sidekicks came up, for some reason my mind was on the brainy one but that’s likely because of the movie. Pretty sure he’s out of commission and a non-issue though. Looking forward to more though and honestly that stuff might’ve been from the end of last season which is fine it’ll still come up soon. ^_^

3. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Recap episode as far as I can tell, since I'm reading it weekly anyway I didn't get much out of it but it was entertaining nonetheless - it's good to see our heroes back on screen!

What I'm more excited for is the movements the League of Villains appear to be making in the preview... will Deku encounter Shigaraki and co again?

4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

What?! I mean. Overhaul being old yakuza who wants to take over League of Villains with a proper plan is bad news. Is that attack/insult going to fly and will they become scary powerful/organized? I like Midoriya’s new goals. But WTF is up with that BDSM scene in Nighteye’s office? Kinky. Poor Izuku, I think that humor attempt is going to go over like a fart in church.

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Way too many emotional twists and turns this episode. So the whole mega fan thing had me thinking that they were bonding and things were going well for Deku. Then holy hell it went sideways and that test was ride of its own. Just when I thought I’d gotten my heart rate under control, that last scene plays and I’m like oh hell. Is he about to actually fight him? But even worse the preview—WTF?! He gave the little girl back!!! Deku—fail. Yes Nighteye said surveillance but she was asking for help. She was terrified. What kind of hero ignores that?

Sorry. I know that his head is all full of turmoil over everything he just learned from Nighteye but still. All the more reason to try your best.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Whoa. At least he tried his best to save her!! He did better than Togata who was just trying to de-escalate the situation, IMO. He was like F this. I’m a hero and I’m not letting this girl go. I’m speaking up. Screw the suspicion. I mean LeMillion did well to adjust the hood and play off the internship things. But Deku was like what are you doing to this girl?! Too bad she was coerced back.

Looks like the team up is occurring after all. Gotta see where this leads. And good on Deku for facing All Might and all that it entails head on. I don’t think that they need to have the forecast run again necessarily but that resolve—both to talk to him and to twist fate are commendable.

7. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Yet another thread about which I’d forgotten!
    I skipped a bunch of episodes but I guess I’ll just cover them all now...

Okay so Eri is being used to make the drugs, there’s a team up to go save her. That smarmy bastard trying to win her over meanwhile she’s thinking about how Deku was different and she felt safe with him. And the infiltration is happening. Also, Iida being there for Deku was awesome. A lot of people stepping up to the plate for sure here in this raid. Suneater really came through. Nice back story as well. Kirishima—whoa. Who knew? That’s some story and Fat Gum I was wondering what else he had going for him besides absorbing shock. Super great teamwork! Interesting that the yakuza group isn’t actually supportive of Overhaul, they only fear him.

8. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

holy crap. Lemillion really went for it. I mean those were some hard truths to face. It would’ve been easy to get crushed under the weight of the guilt of knowing you failed Eri and made the harsh choices for your own well being. Instead, he kept pushing and strove to be a real hero. Nicely done. Of course Deku shows up just in the nick of time as I’m chanting his name in my head. Nice assist from the LOV folks, of course. ^_^ No visible future for Deku and Eri sounds intriguing but the episode title is upbeat. Regardless, I’m here for seeing Deku versus Overhaul and hoping they save Eri finally.

9. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

oh man i REALLY need to watch this soon. my flatmate's been watching it and he's saying it's really good...

10. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

ahhh!!! Soo good. So many feels. I mean, WTF?! The self-sacrifice, the Deku super power up. The “she doesn’t want you” and “I don’t care; I’m going to save you anyways”. Ahhhhh. I can’t wait for the next episode!!

That’s not even going into Rock Lock’s speech or Nighteye’s whole spiel about how he foresaw them getting killed and Chisaki winning. Just saw much
    Totally would’ve posted last night but was too tired lol upload_2020-1-6_6-34-45.gif

11. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Finally have the time/energy for this.
    Whaaaaa??!!! Deku went hog wild!! That was awesome! He flipped his shit. And I’m so proud of Eri for deciding to seek help. We can talk about the heroes all day and night but until she’s ready to leave an abusive situation and actually ask for and accept help for real, it’s moot. She actually chose to fight for herself. That’s f*cking phenomenal. After all that psychological and physical abuse, it cannot be understated how difficult that was for her to do. This was a gorgeous episode. It was touching, meaningful and enjoyable to look at. Maybe I was still high from my date and ritual when I watched it so all those endorphins spilled over onto the show at 2 something this morning. Guess we’ll see what others have to say.

12. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So I was super hyped for Deku’s fight. It was amazing. I. Was. There. For. It. It finished so well. Everyone showed up in the nick of time. Eraserhead stopped Eri from doing what she didn’t want to do. Then shit got real. LOV shows up. There’s a moment where Deku gets a great compliment but—f*cking heartbreak ensues. That ending. No way.

13. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

They straight up snacked that transport and left Overhaul helpless. Then they had a huge surprise waiting for them in the woods. Damn. Deku can’t possibly want to leave Eri after saying he’d never let her go again. She’ll wake up alone. That’s rough. Aww the cuteness of everyone greeting them. Oof the feels for Ururaka. Wow. All Might and Endeavor—that could be fun. Camie is fascinating and what do these guys have in mind? It cannot be good.

What?! That turned from cute into now they’re really about to fight these kids? This I need to see. Does the leader have some sort of quirk that lets him control the others, by the way? And the Endeavor All Might heart to heart was adorable.

14. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

The way that they turned things around on the kids was great. Bakugo giving sincere advice to the troublemaker of a leader and Shoto not only reaching the kids but inspiring Endeavor in the process were touching. Aoyama’s whole bit with Deku was funny. I look forward to the festival. Poor Eri woke up alone. I didn’t even see any cards in there with her.