1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Bonney Has Revolutionary Ties And Sorbet Kingdom (Chapter 908 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Robin-Senpai Is The Best, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

LoLK is killing me send help plz
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

In the latest chapter, Bonney seems to be visibly upset that Kuma is being beaten around. She might know him from being in the Revolutionaries. I know that sounds crazy, but it was implied she was on the run from the Government before. So that would hint at her being in the Revolutionaries. But why?

Well, she is currently ruling over Sorbet Kingdom in disguise, and Kuma was stated to be a former king of it. Maybe she's related to him somehow and the ruling family of Sorbet went Revolutionary and had to run, but Bonney could disguise herself and managed to rule over it so she could keep it on the Government's good side while she's not doing pirate stuff like "forgetting" to pay her tab at every single pizza place you can think of. You know, so her country isn't busterfucked (very informal but accurate description). Kuma's Epithet being "Tyrant" makes more sense now that it's implied he was a ruler who betrayed the Government.

Kuma's mystery is starting to get revealed a little. The World Government chose him to be a cyborg specifically to make an example of him. Maybe he agreed to be a Warlord and eventually an emotionless cyborg because the Gorosei threatened his country?

dsgfbhnumvubyofgnufvbyunYBEFUOGISJDBZFYVNUCSINUVSBZYFZNUVDIMUNBDYNUVDIMUFNYBG NUIMUNYBGUNCIMSVUFN FSIMDCMFU NGFIMDMFUNMIDO,ASCIMFGMICDOX,MFCDO,PIFM UDCO,XPMDMSIAD CJ KDIUNVFJDMOIEUVHFYDVUNEWJMOJFUVWJMOVUERHYEBFNRMIOTGURFHYWBCHF VJJVUNCYDBHNFVRJMKGTOIUNFYBDHENJFRKMGTOIUNYFWJFRMGKT,HIMUGNFJKRTGMHUNYFHDEJMRGTUNYFDEJMERGNUTBYRFJEMFRUHYUNDMEIFOGTB9UNFVJC KLFEOMBYUFVHC JKEMIBUNYBGVUN

2. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

i like that unintelligent screaming

3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I really wonder how they are related, or were they friends or what. I wanna know!

Nice, that finally we are getting some info about Kuma! He is such an mysterious person.

4. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Bonney being able to change her age and also her appearance really makes it difficult to figure out her relationship with Kuma but I'd like to believe her 24 year old look is the real Bonney and she's Kuma's daughter or maybe younger sister. I'm leaning towards younger sister. Not sure about her ties with the revolutionary army though. Doesn't look like she's working with them on her mission but she might very well have to now, which means I hope she will meet Sabo's group.

5. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

She was expecting to see Kuma but unexpectedly, to see him that too early. Could one of her motives be to save him? Seems like she's waiting for the right time to save him just like as the Revolutionaries do.

I believe that both Kuma and Bonney are somehow related but not to the Revolutionaries.

6. Penguin

Captain Law's best subordinate
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

maybe Kuma and Bonney was like Shanks to luffy

7. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I could see this happening.

8. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Bonney is surely someone important. Possibly Kuma's sister which will make her royalty.

Remember she was captured by Blackbeard who left her to Akainu and his comment was something about her escaping the WG and now being back with them. And now she is roaming free. That isn't how Akainu rolls.
    She likely really is royalty.

9. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I also think that she's important because of her royalty, not her devil fruit power but then seeing what they did to Kuma, I kinda wonder why they're not doing anything to Bonney if she and Kuma are related. You'd think that after what they did to poor Kuma, they could have done the same thing to Bonney.

General Zoro likes this.
  10. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Kuma is being punished because he is a king that stood against the WG.
    My guess is they still need someone of Kuma's family to rule the kingdom which is why Bonney is important.
    I first thought she might be some kind of spy on the condition of Kuma being released but I dont think the WG would keep such promise or Bonney will believe it.

Time likes this.
  11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Context implies that Kuma willingly decided to go along with the "punishment" of becoming a cyborg tool of the government. If others know that Vegapunk is being held against his will, chances are the RA had that info. Thus, Kuma volunteered to be the ultimate double agent.

I would say there is no blood relation to Bonney, but her fruit ability allowed her to take over as the royal family once Kuma goes through the above. Thus, I would say Bonney was a member of Kuma's crew and she best fit on creating a fake identity out of nowhere.

12. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Is there a reason to believe Vegapunk is working for the WG his will?

And Bonney will have to be a close relative to Kuma. Her powers make her able to age herself and others forwards or backwards. She can't change how actually looks just how old she looks. So, if she cab age herself enough to look like the queen mother of Sorbet kingdom, then she as to be a close relative to the queen mother who would likely be Kuma's mother.
    So, she would have to be a sister, daughter, cousin or niece to Kuma and therefore a member of the Royal family.

13. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

It was revealed back with Germa 66's ties with Vegapunk. Prior to that, we didn't know if Vegapunk was a good or bad guy.

I would completely argue against the blood relation now. I forgot that Kuma looks exactly the same in the original RA flashback. Thus, it is 100% guarantee they are not blood related (unless Oda changes his pattern of excessive carrying of physical and personality traits with genetics; Luffy as an elder really matching Garp is another key example of this and the most recent reveal). Kuma and Bonney look absolutely nothing alike, so they are not blood related. There was a chance if Kuma looked different before the cyborg changes, but Vegapunk's technology allowed all changes to be made without any change to Kuma's looks or physical frame (vs. the dramatic changes with Franky).

14. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

There are lot of Big Mom's kids who aren't near giants like her. And Big Mom's parents were normal sized. So, it all still fits.
    If Bonney can age herself to look enough like Kuma's mother, then she most likely is a relative of Kuma.

BooSheyt likes this.
  15. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

Wow.. this looks good to me! Interesting..

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Pudding is the only exception (all "true" children have the oversized human and or the wacky/eccentric design). Oda does have exceptions, but the genetic exception is saved for someone else. For big reveals/twists, Oda has been able to keep things distinct/unique (that's inside info that makes it much less likely).

17. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Cracker is quite normal sized and Lola and her sister are also not nearly as big as their mother. So, if all Big Mom kids aren't big, if her parents aren't big, then there is nothing against Kuma having normal sized family members.

18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yes that is true, but it is completely ignoring the other key aspect of other physical traits. Kuma is another eccentrically designed character, so Oda's pattern is to have at least one of the eccentricities to be carried. Just like real genetics, it is not 100%, which is why we have such variety among the Charlotte kids. However, Kuma being eccentrically designed and not passing any eccentricities is where the context implies against the theory. It is still a possibility, but much less likely since Oda is saving this sort of twist for something else. Oda is just so damn masterful at putting in so much detail to every critical aspect of the plot that theories will likely conflict with something else from the previous 20 years of material.

19. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

I get what you are saying but it if Bonney is a sister or relative as I expect, then the eccentricity need not carry. It might need to if she is his daughter but less so if she isn't.

20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Based on their age (Bonney's true age is likely her "base" appearance; can't remember if Oda revealed it recently, but he did keep her age a secret initially despite SBS questionings), she would have to be a daughter. Even if you take that assumption out, the general principles of genetics still apply. All relatives will share traits. In Oda's world, this is amplified exponentially so that even partial relatives share key traits (i.e. genetics carry personality traits in One Piece; an extreme example of this is despite not being blood related, the "brother" connection between Ace/Luffy is why Ace shares the same narcolepsy as Garp). So in this sense, Bonney is further from Kuma. Kuma is willing to go to any extreme, while Bonney has constantly chose safe/conservative options.