1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Pacquiao8, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

After watching the first fight I think Joshua has to adapt massively to Ruiz's style - I've watched the fight and to me it looked like Ruiz had his number from the start. I've also seen a few interviews where AJ seems convinced he only lost because of a "lucky punch" so I'm not sure his head's in the right place. That being said, he might just be saying that for show... hopefully the loss has humbled him a bit and he's done the work to get the win he's more than capable of getting.

It's tough to predict, but I'll say the longer the fight goes on the more likely Joshua is to win - if he uses his reach advantage effectively and keep Ruiz at a distance he's halfway to a points decision. If he lets Ruiz in again, however, it'll probably end quicker than it did the first time.

2. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

After the Heavyweight fight this weekend, I would like to share my thoughts regarding the status of the lineal championships across all 17 divisions and it's kinda depressing.

3. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

So, AJ took back his title. I hope he'll fight Wilder, set aside the rubber match for a while.

As for the lineal championships, it's so depressing to see that many fights to fill the vacancy are being blocked by promoter wars and major org mandatory orders. Some are even using "lineal" the wrong way like Tyson Fury, his cohorts and fanbois are doing. No, he's not the reigning lineal champion anymore or you'll have to consider Crawford as a lineal champion.

Over 17 divisions, there's only 5 lineal champions with 3 of them not even have a hint of defending them next year. The cringe.

4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Anyone wanna see Edinbour vs. Pacquiao? I'll book it! I think I could last a minute or two before he turns my head into mashed potatoes. :P

Chaudfontaine and Pacquiao8 like this.
  5. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

How do you think AJ vs Wilder goes? Even with AJ developing a more defensive style for the Ruiz rematch I still think Wilder knocks him out

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  6. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

That would be awesome to watch! How about Pacquiao8 vs. Pacquiao?

AJ will eventually be knocked out after some successful rounds. It would be similar to Wilder vs. Ortiz rematch.

Marco Polo likes this.
  7. Yosnob D

M E L A N C H O L Y ™
    Crew Member
    Expand Collapse

Pacquiao vs Mayweather part 2 please :tongueclosed:

8. Anjo

An alcohol dependent being, born at a young age
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

If there is no current lineal champion, a new lineage may be created when the consensus number 1 and number 2 will fight.

9. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

So... who watched Fury vs Wilder 2?

10. Anjo

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Only watched highlights but coming into this fight, I knew Wilder was gonna get schooled.

11. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

I’m surprised it went on as long as 7 rounds, he looked HURT for most of it.

Next big fight is supposedly Fury/AJ... will AJ even want to take that fight? Fury’s in a league of his own

12. Anjo

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

His eardrum was ruptured so his balance was greatly affected causing him to look wobbly the rest of the fight.
    This to me, is a little bit intriguing because AJ is a more skilled boxer compared to Wilder who only had his right hand in his bag. But Gypsy King is really up there, in terms of skill, in the heavyweight division. Only guy who has claim to have equal skills in the division, in my eyes, could be Usyk who is relatively untested at heavyweight.

As for the Fury vs AJ fight, I have no doubt AJ is itching to fight. I mean, for one, it is the biggest fight in the UK. But then again, you have these promoters who always want to marinate fights, have this ridiculuous purse discussions, etc. which could ruin the timeline of this megafight. I hope it gets done though. And I hope AJ wins to make the division more lively. It could be similar to Hagler-Hearns-Leonard middleweight era which was an absolute treat for the sport.