1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Can we talk a little in how awesome is BlackBeard crew?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by xRawberry, May 8, 2018.

1. xRawberry

Expand Collapse

Can we talk about how much Blackbeard's crew is interesting? I mean, Burguess seems to be a former professional wrestler or something, and before the timeskipe he had a big force capable of throwing a whole house at ace. Laffite has a sinister personality and always says that he is going to kill whoever harms his captain, the Doctor intrigues me a lot as how he knew Teach and the horse that has got sick as well as his master alike, the sbiper is case exceptional, because before the timeskipe was already too skillful, Ussop would not reach him even in his dreams.

2. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

His crew is only powerful, not awesome. ;)

Storm chaser likes this.
  3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hello and welcome to OPF. You can introduce yourself here https://opforum.net/konnichiwa/

As for the thread. Yeah I think he has alot of powerfull people in his crew.

I think Usopp will be powerfull enough to fight van Augur when the time comes.

yashaxaraniey likes this.
  4. FireFist×SABO

Expand Collapse

Ya there hella strong. I can't wait to see Zoro fight Shiliew. Its going to be epic.

ZORO 4 LIFE

5. 10thMember

ⓀⓐⓟⓣⓔⓨⓝⒼ
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

BB is a danger himself, and not to mention he's not alone.
    It if true that SH are cool and powerful, but we'll see what'll happen.

I'm dying to see what'll happen and how things will happen.

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah his crew is very strong . Laffite and Shiryu are two characters i really wanna know more about .

7. Vesi

Bruno Buno
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They really are interesting but some reason it's very hard for me to take them seriously

8. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

True but just because they are strong they are gonna get beat

Plot armor

9. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think they're terribly lame and Blackbeard + his crew = worst antagonist in all of One Piece with stronger plot armour than all of the Straw Hats combined. In fact, now that we know Big News Morgans has a proclivity to lie, we can assume that his battles with the Revolutionaries and the Whitebeard Pirates likely weren't as dominant as the headlines would lead you to believe.

Blackbeard is just an opportunist with a broken ability.

Storm chaser and Chicano180 like this.
  10. Dara

Expand Collapse

I have to agree, really. I'm not quite sure why though? Maybe because I believe so strongly that they are going to be beaten? It will be interesting to see what sort of horrors they are going to do before Strawhats get into a fight with them.

What do you mean exactly? I also think that the headlines about the fight with the Revolutionaries might be overstated, but I'm interested to hear about your opinions about plot armour around them as well why you would think Blackbeard as weak (or do you?). After all he can but every devil's fruit user out of balance when fighting with them and he has got the Tremor tremor fruit's power as well.

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Laffite is super underrated. How did he get into Marine strongholds twice? He definitely seems like a magician mime.

12. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and he has wings. They said he was a seriff before his ''career''. I would like to konw more about theyre history.

13. Razeo

Expand Collapse

I think its too early to gauge the overall strength of BB's crew. Other than BB, we've hardly seen anyone else engage in a fight.

14. DarthPyro

Expand Collapse

They should be powerful, Infiltrating marine base, most notorious level 6 prisoners, recognized as yonkou crew...etc
    But there is one think o don't understand, why they have fled from Akainu? Is Akainu so powerful to beat them all?

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I definitely agree on the numbers (it was only Akainu and his immediate crew, so probably only a few ships of Marines). I think the key is that they would not escape unscathed. It seems like Teach has a very specific plan, and it requires all if not most of his new allies from Level 6. Taking on Akainu would have delayed/hindered his plan. Even attempting to take on the RA was a calculated risk, but one he was willing to take for the notoriety (my assumption is that he had enough time to train his combined Yami Yami and Gura Gura abilities; or the alternative theories of being able to absorb multiple abilities for himself or give stolen abilities to others).

It is safe to assume that the Blackbeard crew has steadily powered-up, just like the Mugiwaras. Although the Level 6 guys could hold their own, maybe the rest of the original crew couldn't at that point? Sniping from several miles seems minuscule to what New World powerhouses are doing now.

DarthPyro and Storm chaser like this.
  16. Juggy

Expand Collapse

Well, after the recent chapter, I tend to believe that there wasn't any major clash at all. Until now, the RA forces were scattered around the world, so I think we can assume that the forces that remained at their HQ just left.

17. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree on that the "Zehahaha" is really powerful, but I'm not quite sure about the others.Since I've just seen nothing from them.For now it's not really fear to talk about them.Because they look weak.But still I don't think they are gonna be weak though.But the only person I can be sure about him, is "Zehahaha".

18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I've argued that point from the moment that manga chapter was released FYI...It wasn't that popular back then, but it was the most rational. Not gonna hold that against ya since you joined well after that.

I'm not sure how serious or sarcastic you are @Behnam but Oda gave Teach a very masculine laugh from the very beginning (a continued trend of unique laughs for significant characters). Just wrote about this in some other thread, but more of the literary genius Oda puts in with almost every petty detail.

Juggy likes this.
  19. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm not mocking him or anything like that, it's just that laugh is a part of his personality right now, I guess.He is so much overpowered and we need to accept that.I didn't mean you or the others to focus on that laugh.It was just a new way of treating him.Though it was nothing new, I think.

20. Juggy

Expand Collapse

It was my mistake to put it this way. Let me rephrase it so it may clarify what I meant. I saw here at OPF as well (not sure where though) the idea of RA just leaving the HQ without actual clash and the last chapter seams to be a confirmation for that event.