1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Clannad (+ Clannad AS)

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Cobain, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Cobain

Original Nami-lover
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Clannad

[​IMG]

Episodes: 22 + 22 (+2 ovas and 2 specials)
    Studios: Kyoto Animation

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance,School, Slice of Life, Supernatural
    Score Mal: Clannad: 8,36 / Clannad AS: 9,1

Synopsis:
    Tomoya Okazaki is a delinquent who finds life dull and believes he'll never amount to anything. Along with his friend Sunohara, he skips school and plans to waste his high school days away.

One day while walking to school, Tomoya passes a young girl muttering quietly to herself. Without warning she exclaims "Anpan!" (a popular Japanese food) which catches Tomoya's attention. He soon discovers the girl's name is Nagisa Furukawa and that she exclaims things she likes in order to motivate herself. Nagisa claims they are now friends, but Tomoya walks away passing the encounter off as nothing.

However, Tomoya finds he is noticing Nagisa more and more around school. Eventually he concedes and befriends her. Tomoya learns Nagisa has been held back a year due to a severe illness and that her dream is to revive the school's drama club. Claiming he has nothing better to do, he decides to help her achieve this goal along with the help of four other girls.
    (from MAL)

Personal review:
    I couldn't believe when I saw no one did has created a thread for this series. I finished it two weeks ago and God damn,if it wasn't an experience. First season focus on the comedy and character's relashionship's development, while After Story is a mix of comedy/drama/romance. I really liked both seasons (I started to like season 1 when I finished season 2 xD) but season had some powerful moments. Like being hit by an Atomic Feels Bomb and still feeling the aftershock to this day :D
    Long story short: I'm sure mny of you have seen this show already so for those who didn't, what are you waiting for? :p​

2. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Clannad was good, Clannad: After Story was very good as well. Episode 18 of AS made me cry rivers.

My favorite episode was episode 24 of Clannad, which focused on the Tomoyo-Tomoya relationship in a parallel world. I found it incredibly beautiful.

3. Cobain

Original Nami-lover
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"First thing from Daddy"
    "Sanae-san told me. Only places I can cry are in the bathroom and in Daddy's arms."
    "Nagisa, I've found it. I've finally found. Something only I can protect. My precious treasure only I can protect. It was right here."

4. Satomi

Expand Collapse

#4 Satomi, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
    Clannad
    [​IMG]

Synopsis: Clannad TV presents the life of a young high school student, Tomoya Okazaki, who turns out to be a flunk, also seen by others as a delinquent. Rather tired of his life, his days turn out to be too monotonous, nothing that does not meet the challenge of interest. He hopes to see his life change one day, and thus meets Nagisa Furukawa, a student in the same high school as him, and who seems more mysterious than it seems. The latter begins to make strange dreams, perhaps related to this meeting, and continues to meet one by one girls each with special personalities. This is how Tomoya's life will be turned upside down as he never imagined!

Information
    Authors: Studio Key & Visual Art's
    Type: Seinen
    Genre: Love, friendship, drama, romance, fantasy, comedy
    Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation
    Production year: 2007
    Duration: 22 episodes

5. Satomi

Expand Collapse

6. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I merged because there was an older thread about Clannad already :innocent: no worries :grin:

7. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I tried to watch one episode of it but it is very boring.
    It's like Nisemonogatari.
    I didn't like it.
    To Love Ru Darkness 2nd was so much better.

8. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Albeit I've seen it as an anime, I also read the visual novel. The comparison obviously is that the VN had more content, but I think they did a good job bringing the main story to the anime format. The side girls get their moments, notably Fuko, with whom there isn't a boring scene to be had. While I do think people are overly dramatic when they say Clannad is SO SAD AND BAWWWW IT MAKES YOU CRY, it is a touching story. But it also has lots of funny and heartwarming moments, as well. It's called "slice of life" because much like life, you take the good and the bad and make the most of it. And with a little luck, miracles can happen.

9. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This show made me depressed

KKG likes this.
  10. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It made me sleep.