1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection - New Code Geass Sequel!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga News' started by Owl, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Owl

Owl
    Expand Collapse

Sunrise announced at the Code Geass 10th Anniversary event on Sunday that the franchise is getting its "next project," as well as a three-part compilation anime film series. Below is the visual announcing the next project:

Code Geass Lelouch of the Resurrection.jpg

The next project is a sequel titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection), but the announcement did not reveal the format of the project. The story takes place several years after Lelouch's "Zero Requiem" plan. Sunday's event featured a teaser promotional video with Kallen, Jeremiah, Suzaku Kururugi, and other characters. The staff also stated
    Lelouch himself from the previous anime, and not an alternate dimension version or clone, will be in the new project.

The three-part film series will recap all 50 episodes of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion series and the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series. The cast are re-recording all their lines for the films, and the films will include new scenes. The first film will open in 2017.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...el-and-anime-compilation-film-trilogy/.109224

Portgas D.Hilal likes this.
  2. Danny

死の外科医
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Rewatched the series a while ago(partly) and it was as much enjoyable as ever.Truly a masterpiece.
    The story ended perfectly,so announcing a ''Sequel'' kinda ruins the previous story.I wanted a third season so badly at first,after finishing it ,but when you think about it ,a sequel its not really necessary.

Even tho the Brain is not that excited, the Heart is independent on its own.I'll be looking forward on how the sequel will be played and will surely watch it when it comes out.After all I don't bealive they'r doing it purely just for the money,so I hope the quality will stand aswell :)

3. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

I'm very happy for this, since it's Sunrise, a studio that very rarely screws up, I'm sure the sequel will be brilliant.

I had the misfortune of reading the spoiler, unfortunately; I would have preferred to find that out myself.

4. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#4 Dustfinger, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Does Code Geass have a manga version?

5. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but it's not so good. The anime is loads better

6. Dustfinger

Jack Of No Trades
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

A yeah thanks do you have the link where I can watch? Pm me please, thank you! :)

7. Odeshevich

Expand Collapse

A very emotional moment for me was Nunnally seeing Lelouch's memories after touching him: The creators of this show failed to mention the fact that Nunnally has an instinct of figuring out if anybody is lying to her by touching their hand.

Although it might seem as a mysterious or supernatural ability it isn't, at least that's what the fan forum says. It is merely a consequence of her being blind has allowed her develop other senses and by touching a person's hand she can figure out the truth possibly because of their heartbeat(as it may grow abnormally should they lie). Well honestly this part is quite perplexing. Her figuring out the entire plot just by touching his hands is very absurd. It could be the case that after dying Lelouch's code got activated and she managed to see some of his memories just as it happened when Lelouch managed to see C.C.'s during R1.