1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Code

Discussion in 'Information Technology (IT)' started by Red, Aug 12, 2016.

1. 4thBlade

Ice Prodigy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

wait, what is the joke about? Omg. I'm such a caveman.

2. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

• Do you write code? Well, yes.. is my job lol
    • Would you like to learn to code? I love learning new languages, especially web based ones.
    If you do code:
    • What languages do you know? I am confident in lots of web based languages, i have a lack of knowledge when it comes to microsoft server based languages as .net, c#..
    • What languages do you plan on learning? I am trying to learn node.js and socket technology, also
      augmented reality is a matter i'd love to get deep into. Found some interesting stuff "ar.js" (you can find it on github) that could help me achieve some cool stuff
    • Rate yourself on code. I can't really rate myself, can i? lol thing is, for what i am competent with i could rate myself 10/10 but to be honest there's always something new to learn. In this sector one can never feel accomplished.
    • What do you like about code? The unlimited possibilities that come with it. You can seriously achieve anything just writing some lines of code. Saves time, saves money, makes you feel like god when something finally works out ahah

Owl and Red like this.
  3. Dark Flames

Mechanical Engineer
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I know c++ and matlab with simulink. I want to learn g code for CAM which is computer aided manufacturing.

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

As a non-mechanical engineer, this program is necking me. All those processes and transferfunctions :(

Dark Flames likes this.
  5. Plozoh FTW

Salad Tosser
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Coding is beneficial if youre interested in pursuing a career, or you just really love technology. Theres benefits such as learning even more stuff along the way while learning how to code (you always learn something, even if its not related to it.)

6. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm good in PHP and CSS...

7. Bakugan2556

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My dream job is a programmer, so i am trying to learn how to code.
    I use a site called Roblox( you might have heard of it)
    which allows you to code your own games using their game engine and their own dialect of Lua( called Roblox Lua)
    Coding is difficult for me, but it's fun when you see what other people have made.

8. maisafie

See you later, space coboy ...
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you write code? - yep :)
    Would you like to learn (more) to code? - yep :D

What languages do you know? - Python, Php, Javascript, a little bit of VBA and AHK (Html, Css Xml etc isn't really coding)
    What languages do you plan on learning? - have to go embedded these days so i'm having a hard time with plain old C :( :). Also planning to go Java/C#
    Rate yourself on code. 5-6/10
    What do you like about code?. .... well is like speaking/writing etc ... you know is good but never know how good is until u really use it :D

btw - i'm an engineer .. not programmer but programming is helping me each and every day from daily task as .. let's say manipulating hundres of row of text or some advanced calculus to some more advanced things like ... i had to do a program to randomize a little bit of data (>> 100.000 excel rows) based on quite many formulas and criteria where the trick was that i had to do this before having the actual data.
    Anyway, a thing is clear u don't have to be programmer to get useful things from programming and if you're already in the zone the step is small (for an engineer for example python is pretty easy to understand. Not advanced topics like generators or lambdas at beginning but those aren't really needed for small daily scripts where u import you're libraries and do something fast).

9. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's not very true man.
    Don't know if you have hear of a platform called Magento for instance, the whole damn thing relays on deep Xml coding.
    And in the moment css is compiled from sass/less/scss it becomes coding as you can create functions, variable etc.

I agree html is easy, still, you can't say is not coding, is still lots of effort and a language to learn anyway.

If we want to put it in an easier way, if Php is a language, html is a dialect :)

10. maisafie

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#30 maisafie, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    As it's name implies ... html is a language ... but not a programming language but a markup one :). (HyperText markup Language).
    And css is not programming but a style sheet language. Sass, Less or Stylus are very basic programming languages which have at their very base css syntax and they also compile into css. But also js, php java, c# and is someone makes some libraries even fortran or cobol can produce css too and they still aren't css :D. And while xml can become very complex is still just a markup language too :).
    PS ... and I'm sorry to disappoint you but html is not hard at all :). As xml it can easy become extremely complex and it's very frustrating to try to understand it if isn't well commented and structured especially thinking that html only make sense when used together with css and (almost every time) with js. But pure html is only about opening and closing the needed tag. I was as front end developer in my college years so if html didn't became some other breed of animal in the last 15 years i know what i'm talking about :).

11. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Everything you said is correct, but you also said, and i quote again:
    you didn't say is not a programming language, i was "arguing" on that..

html is coding, easy coding, but still coding, you are indeed writing code.. and i've been a full stack developer for most of my life lol

12. maisafie

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

well then you should know better then me what I'm talking about :D :D :D :D :D And yes .. technically speaking you're right and any computer language is after all coding :D. But I still maintain my opinion that HTML is very easy to approach.

13. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The easiest, yes, but you would be surprised how many people try and can't figure it out as (just like any other code syntax) if you miss even a slash is going to break everything lol
    But yeah, i agree, definitely easy to learn

14. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Coding to me is like solving the meaning of life. I feel like an idiot with it lol

lucci likes this.
  15. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#35 lucci, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Do you write code?
    yes

Would you like to learn to code?
    I am learning

What languages do you know?
    Very few ppl truly "know" a language but for our purpose by knowing a language I mean I can write and debug code in that language with help of google for syntax .
    Javascript ,C ,Java ,html (with css) ,php ,asp.net using vbscript . Also since I know C and java I think I can say I can code in C++ but tbh i would take java over C++ anyday.

Edit: I saw some ppl mention matlab, idk if it is a language but yeah i know that too lel.

What languages do you plan on learning?
    python and node.js .

Rate yourself on code.
    I think i am pretty good lel, if i had to rate myself i'd give like a 7/10.

What do you like about code?
    Problem solving by far is my favourite aspect of coding but writing tedious code is something
    I dislike which is why i prefer to modify/optimise existing codes.

16. Bakugan2556

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I have recently become interested in python, if i get the chance i will download the program and start coding with it(it's actually quite simple compared to how hollywood puts coding as)

17. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Recently I've been trying something new, since I'm taking some data science lessons I've been messing around with R.

18. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sorry man, i strongly disagree..
    What you're saying is like "very few people can learn a second language, but they can write some words and communicate with the help of google translate"..
    Most of the programming/web languages i work with are like a second language for me, i know them, i can write pages and pages of code without having to check it on google.
    Then of course, like i do with the English language, here and there i forgot/don't know something and i look it up, but there is an enormous "vocabulary" behind.
    Learning a coding language is like learning a second language, hence the expression "i speak php" or "i speak java" and so on..

That said, i am absolutely not attacking you, is just my opinion on what you said :)

19. lucci

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

nowhere did I imply that, when people learn a new language, there is always a steep learning curve and if i go by ur example what i said makes perfect sense to me cuz " very few people can actually speak a second language as good as their first" but that doesn't mean "they can't speak a second language at all", just look at japanese/asian people, the way they speak english can pretty much never compare to an european or and american. while in a conversion it is ok to make small grammar errors and vocabulary mistakes cuz on the other side there is a human to interpret, it is absolutely not acceptable to make any syntax errors in code cuz on the other side there is a computer . which is why i said very few people truly know a language.. but nowhere did i imply very few people can code in a new language

that just means u know ur languages well
    but for me remembering "how" to do the same thing in different languages is difficult, not to mention each language has its own way of doing things and knowing the internal working is paramount which is something every coder must know.
    If u say " i know java" do u know about each and every code u r using in each and every library u include ? most likely not
    obviously i am not talking about simple things like printing something, loops or if 's but knowing a language takes years of practice
    and vast knowledge, if u can write pages of code without looking up syntax then u can say "i know that language"
    but me when i write a code, the logic i am using will most likely be correct but there will syntax errors here and there which can be fixed with a quick google search

that is absolutely correct, there is a huge difference between speaking a language (being able to use that language) and knowing a language(a solid grasp of the language and ability to manipulate the language at will)

riofriz likes this.
  20. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ok, that makes more sense now, sorry, but i take my job waaaay too seriously! ahahah

Still tho, i know so many people who can do that, i think that once you define yourself a programmer/developer is implied that you are able to write pages of code without having to look things up. At least if you intend to work with it and indeed that comes (as you said) with experience.. is a job where you never stop learning, that's why i love it that much!