1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Consequences of NO Sichibukai system?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Marine slasher, May 8, 2018.

1. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Hello guys , since the start of reverie arc the theories regarding the events that could unfold at the summit are popping out one after other.

Although, One major thing to keep an eye out for is tye topic of sichibukai system. There are 3 countries & 1 admiral as of now that we know of who are against it.

But let's say it happens. Then what? This is the question that is exciting .
    What exactly is the role of a sichibukai in the balance of three powers & how important exactly is it. Cause we have seen 3 warlords defeated & 2 defected over the course of story so far...

How will the world react , more I.portantly how will the warlords themselves react. I know there are not many important warlords left(2)but what about those who are still free.

What will mihawk do? What will happen to Amazon island. In the Amazon arc it was mentioned that the only thing keeping it safe was the sichibukai status of the queen.

What will the WG do to the warlords? Will the capture them ? Or let them roam with their unfrozen bounties.

What will yoùnkos do? Will balance of power be affected really? The defeat of 3 sichibukai hasn't impacted the power as far as I know.

There are many more questions that come to mind. But I want to know what you guys think could happen.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Tony

The Lurking Legend
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The Shichibukai are important because they are the link between pirates and the world government/Marines. Their intended job is to hunt/trap notorious pirates. Their importance as one of the 3 powers is that they are feared by pirates in a way where they think “don’t do reckless things or the Shichibukai will come after you”. Also, even though most of them seemed useless for their job, some of the Shichibukai actually do/did hunt pirates (Mihawk, Kuma, Moriah, Weeble).

The reason why Fujitora and, i guess, Smoker want it gone is because it’s flawed. Some pirates only use the system to rise to power, protect their country/themselves, get access to places and do whatever they feel like doing.

The impact of the Shichibukai would be more of a mental change within the pirates, not having to consider the danger a Shichibukai coming after them. The government/marines would lose a source of info + they would have to dispatch the Admirals and Vice Admirals for those jobs. Though i don’t think the impact will be that big, for both pirates and the marines/government, as well as the most Shichibukai themselves (except Buggy and maybe Hancock).

I think the replacements for Law and Doffy will be pretty essential for future of the Shichibukai. They need some solid people for this but i’m guessing they won’t be easy to find...

3. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I think the Shichibukai system is more of a way for the WG to strengthen the frontline of the Marine's offense. Having some powerful pirates under the control of the WG/Marine will serve as a warning to other pirates.

I actually agree with Fujitora and Smoker's idea to abolish the system, cos I think it's really unjust. The WG and the Marine, who make so much fuss over their sense of justice and what they think would be best for the world, let the Shichibukai do as they please and turn a complete blind eye to whatever they do. Like Doflamingo's case, for instance. They just let him be and look what happened; more destruction, more deaths. Well, most pirates become the Shichibukai because of this exact reason; they're given free rein to do anything. (I have no idea about Mihawk though, he's just too mysterious)

Well, if the system were to be abolished, I think they have no choice but to unfreeze the Shichibukai's bounties. That means more work for them lol. I don't think the Yonnkos will care much though, they don't give much fuck to the Shichibukai.

4. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Chaos and anarchy will be there to present those consequences.As all of us know, the world is not just grand line and new world.And Admirals who are the most powerful weapons of Marines, are not gonna go for some low level pirates in other seas.They remain in new world and grand line to hunt and control powerful pirates.
    So I accept Shichibukai system is a bit weak.If we compare them to Yonko and Admiral.But still they are so much important.Because not all of pirates around world are as powerful as the ones in the grand line and New World.
    Also the Shichibukai are making other pirates scared and with this, they won't do much against the Marines.Because as mentioned they fear to get captured by them.The Shichibukai system, among two other systems is remaining the balance this world, not only grand line and New World.They are known really powerful and invincible in the other seas and even in the Grand line.But maybe they lack of power in New World (a bit).
    I guess without this system these happenings would happen:
    • The crimes of pirates around the world will increase and it will bring chaos everywhere
    • The triangle of power is ruined and it will bring unbalance in the Grand line and many pirates can easily reach the end of the Grand line
    • Another consequence of that is, it will change New World totally.Imagine the Joker's organization.When Luffy defeated him.It brought peace in many countries because Doflamingo was selling weapons around there.Now as we know there is another Shichibukai who got an organization.Buggy.When there was no Doflamingo, the countries and others was buying weapons from Buggy.So the reason why the New World is still in the balance is that Buggy is covering the role of Doflamingo.If he wasn't doing it, there would be a great change.The New World is rounding on wars and is controlled by organizations that are ruled by powerful people.

5. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Mihawk and Kuma are good Shichibukai,they don't cause panic or enslave people.
    Hancock would be an ally of Luffy so she will support him,he doesn't do anything bad so she will follow.
    But some Shichibukai like Crocodile,Moriah and Mingo were the problem.
    Crime could increase,but i really don't know for sure since Mingo was a Shichibukai and the greatest weapon's smuggler.
    Hancock wouldn't have that title to protect her island but the strongest pirates are going for One Piece,only weaklings would go for Amazon Lily,the navy doesn't give a shit about that island.
    The point is the WG is the biggest criminal who allows slavery to continue and the Shichibukai system didn't really solve that.
    I think Fujitora is right,this system must go down,because if somehow the WG and even the Navy are dirty and close their eyes for the actions of Crocodile or Mingo,there is no point on having it.
    For the WG the definition of justice is "Don't go to the sea trying to find One Piece because it can cause us problems and don't even try to say i'm a pirate".
    As for what the Shichibukai are doing,as long they can kiss the WG's ass it's ok.
    The fall of Shichibukai would only injure the WG and nothing else because honestly for what i saw in the anime the few of them that commited crimes taking advantage of it ruinned that system and the WG doesn't desearve any respect because they actually want to hunt the pirates that saved those people from them.

6. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

They are definitely that extra power for the WG. The Marines dont really have some real powerhouses besides the admirals, a few vice admirals & the older generation (Sengoku, Garp, Tsuru etc.) There are more pirates powerhouses out there. Take away the shichibukai and you have 2nd or 3rd in commands would be able to demolish some marine fleets. Marco, Katakuri, Ace, Benn Beckmann, Jack could all solo a few fleets themselves. If it wasnt for the shichibukai I think more Pirates would attack marines but some have that fear of the shichibukai coming after them. They're like the anbu in Naruto. It balances by adding that extra power.

Taking them away and you have the pirates far eclipsing the WG & Marine. More fleets/men get sent out and defeated by pirates. The marines get withered down.

But as some have said most abuse the power of the shichibukai. You have people like Crocodile, Doffy, Moriah abusing their power enslaving people. For the WG to preach about justice and doing the right thing, they let them do whatever they want. It's highly contradicting. The ones who do the job of hunting pirates do the dirty work that the admirals & vice admirals don't. Now we see some low level marines (Coby) do hunt pirates but there are a lot who are to powerful for people of his level. They wouldn't want to send the admirals and a bunch of vice admirals out all the time spreading there numbers thin if something like marineford or Dragon planning to crash the reverie happened spontaneously. They would be at a huge disadvantage.

Without this system the marines would have to train up men much quicker and we know that's not happening. Most dont seem to be benefiting from it anyway.

Marine slasher likes this.