1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Could shanks be the cp0 leader?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Ok990, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Ok990

Expand Collapse

So guys i think everyone agree that cp0 leader mustt be a top tire.And could he be shanks.This may be the biggest plot that will put luffy idol vs luffy father.I think only few wg officials know aboutt shanks.I always found strange he refered to another pirate with the term "pirate" i mean he could say a person or smth like that but when was the last time a pirate refered to another as a pirate(its a bit confusing i know).Also shanks seems to be everywhere where big things hapoen.Another thing is that roger crew arent arrested and either they hide very good(which shanks could provumide them) or either shanks made a deal with the wg to leave them alone.What you guys think?

2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

There have always been suspicions that Shanks might be the end boss of the One Piece journey. People always had questions, why he was in East Blue, why he isn't PK despite that he went to Raftle. The Reverie chapters made things especially look super questionable.

Small leads are given to us, but for the moment it's too soon to give out conclusions. Oda is a master in worldbuilding, it wouldn't suprise me that something like this would happen, but it would also not suprise me for Oda giving us hints in the wrong direction.

Shanks as the father figure, the master, the one everyone looks up too, can in my mind still be the end boss, but he will never be in the same group as the ones who hunted him, punished his capitain, and who made the world watch it.

GoldenVenus and Ok990 like this.
  3. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I think that could potentially be a great turn of events and make for a very eventful end to OP.

4. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Y ik it would be a "wtf"plot and would lead luffy father vs luffy idol thats why i thought it might happen but this isnt even 50% likely to happen tho.(at least with what we have seen)

5. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

Yeah it would definitely turn some peoples worlds upside down, if that were to happen I believe it could ultimately be Luffy vs his idol which would be amazing. Also that way we may finally find out how truly powerful Shanks is

Ok990 likes this.
  6. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Thats def true.

Hallowed King likes this.
  7. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Surely the CP0 leader should be badass! But I doubt the leader will be Shanks! It's very unlikely (for me)!

As a child until to this day Luffy idolized and admired Shanks, that's why he became a pirate in the first place and their promise to each other to give the hat back once Luffy becomes a great pirate (Pirate King). I see Shanks as the "Guide"

CP0 are lapdogs and work directly under the World Nobles (their master) Luffy and some of the WN (Saint Charlos) have had a bad blood in the past. The WN could have just order Shanks (lets just say he's the CP0 leader) to annihilate Luffy and his crew! Then again if this happen the promise of returning the Straw Hat would be ALL useless.

Is Shanks just waiting in the sideline watching Luffy's growth and if Luffy attains the title of Pirate King then Shanks will destroy him? (I know this will not happen and is very unlikely)

It would be great to see Luffy vs. Shanks (but probably Shanks will just test Luffy if he really deserves the title of Pirate King)

GoldenVenus and Ok990 like this.
  8. Ok990

Expand Collapse

I can also imagine shanks just waiting in raftel tbh and being the last thing betqen luffy and one piece.

Johannes likes this.
  9. Johannes

Expand Collapse

That's one thing for sure! I also imagine (would like to see) Shanks will be helping or saving Luffy when he fights with Blackbeard.

Ok990 likes this.
  10. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

This is a crazy but cool idea and I hope so.

Ok990 likes this.
  11. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I was talking to @Jawahib about this a few days ago

As interesting an idea as it is, I think it's unlikely to be the case.

Shanks has always been the goalpost for Luffy - a strong pirate who does what he wants and fights who he wants. He's also been Luffy's role model - most, if not all, of his principles as a pirate come from the time he spent with Shanks growing up. For him to be some kind of double agent would mean that one of the biggest goals Luffy set himself besides becoming Pirate King, as well as a lot of his own beliefs (surpassing Shanks and returning the hat to him) would have been based on a lie, and a pretty brutal one at that.

It would be an interesting plot twist, and we'd probably see a much darker side of Luffy if it were true, but I think it'd go against a lot of what Oda's already set out over the past twenty or so years

The East Blue thing is still a big question mark, but the "why isn't he PK" question most likely boils down to a few things:

1) He doesn't have all the right tools to do whatever it is that would make him Pirate King
    2) He's ready, but he wants to give Luffy a chance to reach Raftel first - or he knows that him and Luffy need to work together to do what needs to be done
    3) He hasn't taken the throne out of respect for Roger
    4) He knows something we don't that makes it impossible for him to be PK

This I could see happening. He might even know where the elusive fourth Road Poneglyph is

It's good to see you sharing theories and stuff so soon after joining - hopefully this isn't the last we see of you ^_^

12. Ok990

Expand Collapse

It wont i promise.I have so many ideas but you know first thing of all i should make sure that they might be true buecause otherwise its nonsens to talk about them.

13. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I always thought it would be cool if Dragon turned out to be the leader of CP0. You know the WG biggest enemy is a spy and high ranking member within the WG.

14. Ok990

Expand Collapse

That would be a bit...I mean dragon foghting himself?Or u suggest dragon using both revo and cp0 to take down the wg?If thats true than cd and wg must be in bad terms i guess.But hey its one piece everything can happen,i mean warlords was one of the three greatest forces but luffy has already defeated like 4 or 5 of them

15. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I'm with Marco. Shanks is too much of a fan favourite for Oda to "ruin" him to such a degree. Luffy draws a lot of inspiration from Shanks in his attitudes as a pirate (copping the beating at the bar comes to mind) and as Marco says it'd be a pretty brutal lie if it was in fact a lie.

I mean, what would the motivation have been for making Luffy become a pirate? I could understand some vague idea of drawing out Dragon's son and killing him before he gets the chance to become a Revolutionary, but in that case, why didn't Shanks just kill him then? It just doesn't add up from a character motivation point of view. What would have convinced him to become disillusioned with Pirate life that he'd join an organisation actively seeking to destroy it, especially given that he embodies everything that Luffy (and we the audience) find admirable in pirates.
    No matter which way you slice it, something wouldn't add up about Shanks' treachery.
    Something like this would remind me of the plot of The Force Unleashed where the protagonist is sent to round up the Emperor's enemies and start a Rebellion but is really doing so so those enemies expose themselves and the Emperor can execute them.
    I can honestly imagine something similar being the case with Dragon and Revolutionaries. The Gorosei instruct Dragon to begin spreading word of a dissenting group who seeks to destroy the World Government. Dragon would meet in secret discussions with rulers and offer them a chance to overthrow the WG, when he really just wants to find out which kingdoms are biting so the WG can come after them and destroy them or take them over.

Of course the main issue with such an idea is that the WG hasn't done any such thing that we know of. The Revolutionaries wouldn't have been allowed to get as powerful as they are now before the WG wiped them out, if Dragon was in fact a double agent. We would have surely at least heard of such an attempt to go after the revolutionary leaders and the kingdoms that joined them, but nothing. The RA have been working to thwart the WG in all things and have met little resistance.

Lt. | ArkZ and Marco Polo like this.
  16. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Definitely not. hes a yonkou why woud he be a cp0? It doesnt make sense. why would he go to wb and make him stop ace if hes cp0? If he is, then its better to not stop ace. It favors the WG. And about the deal he made with WG, you are totally wrong. The roger pirates are strong enough to defend themselves so why would they need protection? And it was already stated by kizaru that hes been looking for rayleigh and he has a bounty so theres definitely no protection

17. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Well first ace was roger son and i think shanks cared for him pretty much also i do not belidve all roger crew are at ray,i mean look at buggy...

18. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I highly doubt that Shanks is part of cp0 as well, but you do have to admit that it in this world of theories it could be pretty cool if that were the case. Shanks being Luffy's "guide" and a mediator between the pirates and WG is the most likely case.

Ok990 likes this.
  19. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Also im not pretty sure cuz i might be wrong af but was dragon even that famouse when luffy met shanks?

20. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I think Dragon has been famous or infamous for much longer than Luffy and Shanks' first meeting, his character development has just evolved. Plus he's getting obviously getting more infamous by the day

Ok990 likes this.