1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Critic

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by silent-otaku, Feb 4, 2018.

1. silent-otaku

Expand Collapse

I think OP is the best anime in the word and has the best story , but , it get's me angry cause they keep making the story longuer with stupied shit , like remembering stuff we already know , i mean that's just one thing , there is a lot , like those moments where they frease faces or where they keep doing stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the story , from my personnal opinion I think they are screwing up this animes popularity
    p.s. sorry for the ortographe misstakes

KKG likes this.
  2. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Even though the anime holds a special place in my heart, the pace isn't certainly a good aspect of it, at least in the most recent times. I don't actually know how the Whole Cake arc is developing since I've not been watching it, so I can't talk about that.

This is a popular criticism of the anime, but we also have to understand and respect whoever is working on this series for so many years while a huge percentage still watch the anime for free. Anime studios don't always have an easy job, animators are underpaid, schedules are tight and the conditions in general are not the most favorable.

Don't know if this is actually the case of Toei, but I always try to look at it in the most respectable way, otherwise I might sound entitled to have something that I don't really understand its process.

3. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I can agree with you,@silent-otaku.
    And what pisses me off really is this bullshit limitation of Gear 4th in Luffy.
    Oda sensei has to understand that Luffy already has a pathetic devil fruit that won't give him any type of advantages against lots of enemies except absorving blunt damage and they have lots of ways to hurt him badly.
    He made Luffy use his powers with great imagination but his enemies are too strong for such a weak power,sometimes i think if Luffy can have some ultimate gear that makes him amazing he will just die after he beat a really strong enemy,if you compare Luffy with Kaidou and the Admirals and Big Mom you could really think there is no way Luffy can reach Raftel alive after fighting them.
    Mangakas allways try to show crazy overpowered enemies to make their hero suffer to beat them because they don't like fights to become easy and then they will be stuck with plot armor every time because they created such a weak main character that has no logical way to stay alive by his own strenght and of course they want us to be focused in the story so they show us memories and other stuff just to makes us wait to see the story getting better,drifting us away from the weakness we can see in their characters and then this is adapted to anime.
    The only action anime i really watch today is One Piece because it is still the one who is better built for action,otherwise echi animes are much better than lots of action animes ruinned by "poor character development and lots of stupid flashbacks like Naruto" that is not needed to echi anime creation.
    Echi animes have excellent comedy and they really show us what echi is suposed to be,unlike lots of action animes.
    And censorship is another problem,i would like to see an anime of gunslingers fighting gangs or something,like a guy hunting smugglers,and i'm stuck with Black Lagoon that is good,but not really what i'm looking for,and since censorship doesn't allow animes like that few mangakas will try because it will not sell and studios won't make animes with those.
    You will find plenty of action animes even worse than One Piece in this particular subject you are talking in this thread.