1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Did O-Tsuru recognize the Kitetsu?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by BlindWolf, Aug 31, 2018.

1. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

10.jpg

Do you think that in this moment O-Tsuru recognized the Sandai Kitetsu?

We have seen how Zoro was able to "sense" the aura of the Nidai Kitetsu that Luffy is carrying and I am not sure if that was observation haki or swordmanship skills.

In this case, O-Tsuru properly sees the blade and her facial expression changes from the initial astonishment to a more serious and concerned expression as you can see below.

11.jpg

I know 914 came out a little while ago but I thought this may be worth your attention...let me know what you guys think :grin:

2. Johannes

Expand Collapse

well it is a famous sword (a curse sword to be exact)! she probably recognized it.

3. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Probably. I mean a few people from wano apparently know what shusui looks like despite the fact that it was buried underground for many many years before it was stolen.
    Kinemon noticed zoro had it and immediacy flipped out and zoro was somehow captured because people noticed he had that sword which made him look instantly suspicious.

Also back when zoro was first buying his replacement swords in logue town anyone who knew anything about swords instantly picked out and named the 3 swords.

So it has to have a uniqu design that belongs to them.

My question is I wonder if there are actually people who design fakes and try to pond them off. I mean people like this have to exist so I always wondered why no one ever goes up and even in passing asks “ is that sword a fake “ everyone just instantly knows that they are real.

4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

How would you fake the energy of a cursed sword to pawn it off as the real thing? And blacksmithing is hard work. I think that those who are in the trade are too proud to use their skills for something so underhanded, unless it was someone like Bill from the filler anime episodes who ate the smelt-smelt fruit or whatever it was. Now if you’re talking taking existing swords and painting them or something then maybe that could happen... but only an idiot would fall for that.

5. mysticalflute

Expand Collapse

I'm sure she did, but I think in that moment she made that face out of a more "Holy shit I almost died" view than anything else.

Kia likes this.
  6. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Maybe she just had her life flashing by because of an arrow 10cm away from her face

7. Rexraptor

I'm not a Monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Those eyes don't seem like they recognize something.
    But I bet 0-Saku Senpai might have recognized both Zoro-Senpai and Luffy-Senpai's Swords... Rather thought to ask them later.

8. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Well her by first off the fact Zoro can sense cursed swords is pretty unique so 99.9999% of the time a customer isn’t going to know the difference.

Second. There are a lot of dishonorable people. Take that sumo guy from the recent chapters. Sumo wrestlers are suppose to be honourable to but in his fight with Luffy when he started losing he did illegal moves like trying to jab at Luffy eyes or punch him.

So I don’t think all the sellers would be honourable. Take the guy from the shop in loungetown he gave Zoro 2 very rare swords because he was a true swordsman but remember when Zoro walked in first he tried getting Zoro to see the Wado ichimonji for a cheap price pretending that the sword wasn’t anything special.
    Who says the reverse can’t happen

9. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She might have noticed it as something special, not sure though. We don't know if the likes of Tsuru in Wano can determine sword grades the way experts do.

10. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Now that I think about it, how did the information about all these swords get out ? I mean there is a book and experts around the world who know about these named swords from wano but wano is a very isolated country.
    Not that many people can come and go as they please and the samurais themselves I don’t really see leaving their country either.

11. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I didn’t say the sellers would be honorable, I said the blacksmiths themselves would be so there would be no supply of fake swords to sell in the first place.

The sumo guy works for or is associated with the pirate who is running the country and has been taking advice from a gifter so he’s either corrupted from the get go or blinded by rage right now and lost any remaining principles he may have had. But yes there are definitely lots of dishonorable people in OP or who would Luffy guys fight?