1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[DISCUSSION] What Happened to Jinbe?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Pacquiao8, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

As we all know, Jinbe left the Sunny Team in order to support his former crew. The last time we saw him was when Empress Big Mom arrived at the site where Sun Pirates and Germa 66 on the defensive. We haven't seen him since then, not even in color spreads.

In a recent Oda interview, Oda mentioned that the reason why Jinbe is not showing up in the color spreads is that he doesn't want to spoil one of the surprises about his last known situation.

In a previous interview, Oda mentioned that readers are to continue reading without worrying about anything.

So based from the things that Oda mentioned above, we can safely conclude that Jinbe will have a major physical change in his next appearance, and that there are lots of surprises with the situation. And I think it's safe to say that his arms are still intact since he's the helmsman and a Fishman Karate user.

Now, what happened to Jinbe physically? Is it for better or for worse? Do you think Germa 66 fixed his injuries like Mecha Frieza?

Discuss.

2. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I've been wondering about Jinbe too, cos I need to see him fighting side by side with the Straw Hats soon. And yes, I'm also assuming there would be some changes in his appearance, but if you're saying a major change, I seriously can't imagine what he'd look like XD Could he perhaps have lost something? Perhaps an eye, and would be wearing an eyepatch? Or perhaps he lost a hand, or a leg? I hope not, I prefer to see him intact. I'll be happy enough to see him again, as long as he won't actually end up looking like a freaking Mecha Frieza.

3. gzgn

Expand Collapse

He didnt die. He may lost his arm or leg or eye. Just that, not so much. And ı think he will come back soon. Maybe in Wano.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  4. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

First thing that comes to mind is an eyepatch, yeah. But losing an eye or both will make it similar to Pedro (lost eye) or Admiral Fujitora (reliance with Observation Haki).

However, this is Oda's work. My guess is that his body is seriously burned (using Prometheus), probably lost the Sun Pirates mark. since he's with the Vinsmokes, they must have healed him and put something around his burn. And then a new mark would be seen: the Straw Hat mark.

It's safe to expect to see him in Wano since Luffy said that they'll wait for him there.

5. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Jinbe followed his deathflags and will be cooked for big stomac.. i mean mom

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  6. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes I'm liking the idea. Since the Sun Pirates mark will probably forever bind him to his former crew, losing the mark might've actually been a way to indicate his beginning as a Straw Hat.

7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Ugh...more crap from WCI being changed. I'm hoping it is only some sort of scarring (he already has scars anyway). I definitely would hate something more than that because it would be a constant reminder of Oda's B.S. Thanks for sharing though since I know what's going on at least...

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  8. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That would be so badass!

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  9. YuYangz

Expand Collapse

A fried fish now..

10. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

no mecha frieza please.
    even if there is a part missing then it better look like Hook from peter pan if its a hand or if its a leg then something like barbosa from pirates of the Caribbean

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  11. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Should that idea happens, I think Oda wants to create an impression that "a sun is used to destroy a sun". I mean, Prometheus is used to burn the Sun Pirates as a punishment. A new mark creates an impression of "another day".

Yeah, I think he's massively burned in a visible part of his body. Just imagine a burn mark similar to Kuzan and Fleet Admiral Sakazuki.

Amputation is so repetitive and hook is Crocodile's signature. Almost impossible, especially that Jinbe's role in the crew and his fighting style relies onto his body parts.