1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by sweetjacky, Feb 16, 2019.

1. sweetjacky

Missing him :'(
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

image003.jpg

There's loads of different dog breeds that vary in size, colour, behavior and so on. I'd love to know which dog breeds are your favorites or which one do you not like? Do you prefer small dogs or big dogs? You can name one breed or loads of them. Let's share our love for dogs <3
    You can also share some interesting facts about certain dog breeds or just talk about then in general.

(Sorry if there's already a thread like this, I could find one.)

Storm chaser, Edinbour and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I love all kinds of animals, dogs included. What makes me especially sad is when they’re raised poorly so they get a bad reputation for being cruel. Or when they’re bred to the point of breed deficiencies. Did you know that French bulldogs can not reproduce on their own? Their body structure is such that the male cannot mount unassisted. Also, Lhasa Apso’s are actually bred to be guard dogs originally. They were paired with Tibetan Mastiffs. The Lhasa’s were inside the temples and the mastiffs were outside. The Lhasa’s would alert the mastiffs to danger as they had better hearing. My Mommie’s first dog was a Lhasa. They’re prone to having seizures. Did you know that some dogs are allergic to peanuts? That’s in addition to the standard raisin, onion, garlic, chocolate problems. Also, they can have different paw shapes for different functions. Some include webbed for swimming and rabbit shaped paws for speed. Some of the sweetest dogs that I’ve known were pit bulls and Rottweilers. It’s all in how you raise them. My sister was attacked, unprovoked, by a Labrador. Some of the meanest have been small breeds. However, I think that the reason you often find unruly small dogs is because people get them and treat them like accessories or toys. They ignore that they’re highly intelligent creatures that need to be trained and stimulated. Let’s not forget to give lots of love to the mutts and old dogs!! Anyways, dogs are awesome and I was inspired to ramble when I saw this. ^_^

Edinbour likes this.
  3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Of course @Edinbour has to comment in this Thread! ;)
    As everyone knows, I am a very big animal lover, especially of puppers and doggos. What you may not know is that although Zevah is a Husky and I love her more than life itself, Huskies are not my favorite breed. My favorite breed is the German Shepherd. My Father owned a pair of German Shepherds when I was a wee lad and needless to say, they were very protective of little Edinbour. I don't remember them though, since I was like 1 year old :P

I've always wanted a Belgian Malinois but studying the breed, I don't think I could handle training one. Plus, they're primarily used as Military/Police dogs so they need lots of attention and training, which I work all the time so adopting one wouldn't be a good or fair idea.

Border Collies and Australian Sheperds are too damn adorable and smart. My friend used to own a Border Collie and he was just a big, fluffy, loveable goof. I remember when they [my friend's parents] adopted him [Jack] they had to work and my friend was in school, so since I was home-schooled, they needed me to take care of him the day he was adopted. He was such a tiny guy, the runt of his litter but he probably had the biggest heart. We instantly bonded and I really loved that dog. I still miss him.

Don't get me started on Samoyeds! Their literal clouds that you just wanna hug and cuddle with all day :hearteyes:

Weimeraners? I think if I owned one I wouldn't be able to resist flip-flopping their floppy ears all day. From what I've studied and read, they're apparently very "clingy" to their owners. :)

Golden and Labrador Retrievers are the standard "family" dogs, at least they are around here. I don't think I've ever met one that has an aggressive bone in their body. ;)

Huskies. Well, they shed.. A lot.. And boy, do they love to sing! Huskies (as well as Alaskan Malamutes) are the closest relative to the Wolf and Wolves are awesome :P

As you can see, I am a bigger fan of larger breeds of dogs, but that's not saying that I dislike smaller breeds. Corgi's and their little stumps that they call "legs" as well as their floofy behinds and their stubby tails are just so damn adorable. I could go on and on about what I love about every single breed but I think this post is long enough for now. Perhaps I'll continue it in the future, because I could talk about dogs all day :D

Storm chaser and Kia like this.
  4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

i can appriciate a lot of doggos. but not the small loud ones. I wouldn't like to chill walk and kill my dog by stepping on it.

5. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Chihuahua's are lower on my list too. Not a big fan of the "ankle-biters" :P

6. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My all time favorite is the German Shepherd allways.
    They came from your country,jacky.
    My parents had 2 once and we all loved them.
    The best dog in the world.
    They can work with the police,fire department,search and rescue,guards,hunting or company.
    They can learn anything easily and they are extremely intelligent and brave.
    Rex (Kommissar Rex series) is one of the most famous dogs in the world.
    The Akita is also nice:grin:

Edinbour likes this.
  7. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Let's no forget about the Wolf!

There's a Sanctuary I think in either Ohio or Oklahoma (I'd have to look it up) that has domesticated, endangered wolves that are very friendly with people. Like, you can cuddle with 'em and all.

Needless to say, when I earn myself my paid vacation and if I have enough money to travel, I'm gonna spend my vacation at that Sanctuary. :)

8. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like dogs, cats and other animals. Germans shepherd have a special place in my heart, since my friend had one. The small, loud dogs are not on my top 10 list.

Snakes are also awsome.:zoro:

Edinbour and KKG like this.
  9. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I seriously love Shibe! I hope to meet one soon.
    [​IMG]

Edinbour likes this.
  10. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

On my way back from the bank, I saw a woman walking not one, not two, but THREE Shibes :P

4thBlade likes this.
  11. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Damn, she’s a keeper i’d say.

Edinbour likes this.
  12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've only seen Shibes a few times in my life and always forget how small they really are. I compare them to Akitas (which are significantly larger breeds)
    I guess it's like comparing a Husky to a Malimute. They're from the same family but Malimutes are like 3x largers.. lol

The more you know! :P

4thBlade likes this.
  13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Pit Bull Terriers are very common around here and have a very bad reputation because of Dog Fighting, but they are absolutely adorable and harmless, unless you train them to fight (which obviously I'm absolutely against). Just the thought of someone corrupting a Dog brings my blood to a boil.

Last week when shopping with my Sister, we saw someone walking their Dog, a Belgian Malinois. They must either be in the Police Force or Military because those are very difficult breeds for a regular owner. They are classified in the "Herding" group and are extremely hard-working, which is why they're used for Military purposes. I want to have one, but would never get one because I know that I don't have the time/qualifications to train 'em. Yet. ;)

Kia and KKG like this.
  14. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dogs are just as good as their owners.
    I saw a video on Youtube of some idiot talking shit about the GSD,the most dangerous dog in the world...
    My family had a GSD and i was a kid who used to pull his tail but he used to hid behind a table,he got angry but never attacked me.
    Any rabid dog can be dangerous.
    And the biggest are often the most kind such as the English Mastiff or the Saint Bernard.
    And some people get strong dogs just to show off and then it will become a problem,they will be assholes just like their owners.
    People who don't know how to deal with fighting breeds should get a Beagle or a Labrador,they're nice dogs with kids and very playfull.

Edinbour likes this.
  15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I believe the technical term would either be "working breed" or "herding breed"
    Dogs should never be used for fighting, against each other anyway.

Kia likes this.
  16. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Any dog will be cruel if their owner is that way. My sister was attacked by a Labrador when she was minding her own business riding her bike through our neighborhood. The dog chased her, dragged her off her bike and mauled her arm. So it’s not about the breed. It’s about the person and how they’re imprinting upon them what behavior is appropriate. This is in contrast to many pit bulls, Rottweilers and such that we’ve known to be kind and gentle animals because that’s how they were raised. Dogs are just like people (we’re all animals and learn the behavior we’re taught).

KKG and Edinbour like this.
  17. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

One time on my way to work I was chased by a huge Doberman. I haven't peddled my bike so fast in my life! Lol

18. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

a know some people who have that breed casually. Lovely sweet doggos if your not their enemy :sweatsmile:

Edinbour likes this.
  19. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They are real sweethearts