1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

OFFICIAL Dr. STONE Chapter 138: End of Part 3

Discussion in 'Dr. Stone' started by Marco Polo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Expand Collapse

THE ENDING OH MAN OH MAN

Does this make Senku "Why-Man?"

How did they not notice sooner? Surely it wouldn't just be Ukyo and Senku that would have realised?

Next chapter cannot come sooner...

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  3. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Oh hell yeah. Now it's getting even more interesting. Seriously I'm gonna die waiting for the second season of the anime.

When I first started Dr. Stone, i kind of had this thought about, what if Senku had another version of himself? Cos there have been stories like this before, where there's a future self or another self from a parallel world. Though, I can't really say I'm gonna like the idea. I hope there's a surprising twist behind all this.

He could be the Why man. Or, there's more than one person. But yes, the thing is, Senkyu and Ukyo were the only one who noticed it was Senku's voice. Not sure about the other modern people, but Chrome, Kohaku and Suika were definitely shocked to hear Ukyo saying it was Senku's voice. Perhaps because the sound was low? God I seriously need the next chapter ><

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudinante Fontamingo
    Member of the Season Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Time machine senkuuuuu

5. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Expand Collapse

At this point, I think we've established that the only person that can rival Senku in terms of pure intellect is Senku himself. Would certainly be an interesting twist to see him have to beat himself...

I'm guessing it was really low quality sound given how primitive their cell phone is? As for this "other" Senku, I can't even begin to guess...

Time travel would be a VERY risky plot decision, but I have faith that the writing team for Dr STONE could execute it well.

Interesting thought if time travel's a thing - what if this other Senku's from a timeline where he abandons/loses all his friends? Since his first thought after winning the fight was him being "alone again", maybe he really did end up alone in another timeline (or maybe in the future of this timeline?)

GoldenVenus likes this.
  6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

This isn’t much of a twist for me...the voice mimicking is new since the previous message was not anyone’s voice. Plus there is already technology to match the pitch of a person’s voice. Matching the individual intonations or other variances is hard but something like a number is easy.

Oh, the bad thing is that Why-man has satellites...bugs on the island are unlikely since it is so far away so spy satellites would be the most realistic means of hearing and recording Senku’s voice.

The oversimplification of Senku/Ukyo only is Senku should know his voice and Ukyo has the superhuman hearing. Realistically Taiju should know Senku’s voice hearing for years.

Also, we were never shown the real scientists until the Byakuya side story. Senku is a prodigy but doesn’t have lots of real life experimentation. An adult scientist should easily explain the ability to do all of the Medusa, satellite, cryogenics, etc. shown thus far.

I am excited to get to Why-man, but science explains a simpler and probably the more realistic plot. Time travel seems too much of a deviation from the science heavy series. Ah I think the science reference was purposefully put early to not give hints on the satellite aspect. There isn’t anything to reference on that early page that I saw.

GoldenVenus and Marco Polo like this.
  7. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I'm not too fond of time travel as well. I'm hoping it's something else entirely. The reason why time travel isn't the best idea is because it comes off as sort of an easy way for writers to make a twist with an easy explanation. Though, these days, most have learned not to simply use time travel as they please. But like you said, Inagaki hasn't disappointed me so far, so I'm sure it'd be something exciting.

Actually I've almost forgotten that Senku isn't a real scientist (cos he's awesome) but yeah I just remembered when you said he still lacks real life experience. Up until now, he's the only one who has the knowledge of science, but I wonder how it's going to be if he meets another, especially if it's an enemy with greater knowledge. And...someone with his own voice.

Seiryu likes this.
  8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

For sure on this! Despite the relative simplicity (looking at the main events of each arc...it is super straight forward), there are always intricate details that just fit perfectly together. The fight against the old perv is literally a perfect example since the fight could legitimately ended multiple times, but both sides had perfect counters that fit their personalities. It seems so obvious afterwards, but seemed unpredictable prior. Inagaki has the rest of the series planned (he knew he couldn't fit the Byakuya part and had the perfect timing with the anime to do the side story with BOCHI) based on Kazakhstan being official/canon. SOOOO much to look forward to, and with the break-neck pacing, it's coming sooner than we think (=> Medusa coming up already).
    Kinda scary that Senku excels even with his "failures" of experiments. But it is still "raw" since he only understands the theory of microchip or higher levels of technology. So how Inagaki handles Senku trying to take apart/figure out how Medusa works will be super interesting. I have to think this is where we see Senku legitimately fail (for a short time only hopefully).

But the voice thing shouldn't be that big of a deal. Even without technology, anyone that is not tone deaf (but does need excellent control of the throat and muscles around their voice box) can make perfect impersonations. With modern technology, having a computer analyze the pitch and play certain sounds, replicates the duplicate voice. Plus, it even gets easier if why-man has a recording from a satellite (almost impossible to have the exact events without it). This is just editing recordings and piecing it together as desired.

GoldenVenus likes this.